You don't act like heroes anymore Sup Forums

You don't act like heroes anymore Sup Forums

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nvp3zAPraF4&app=desktop
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Looks like someone needs a good pounding.

I'm an undetailed extra at best, dude, come on.

I keep trying but the story just keeps getting rebooted

Save it for the Jokerz.
Unless Batman's taking two while you take one

because we're super villains now

God. If this Red Skull actually existed I'd be on his side in a second.
Hail Hydra, man.

I'm just a background character who'll die in the next big event anyways.

In the words of a great poet, you must always write with a pen. To think that the engineers of the bell towers, all the Chinese cobblers, followers of Falstaff all have to look upon the sullen and depressive ways of the godless harpies that parade our world in their weary ways. We should unite against our fallen brother, live in peace, not hate. You are not cattle, you are human. Nature will root thyself upon your hearts' merry content and we'll find a way to say, "Banish plump Jack and banish all the world".

When we think that our days are numbered, let us think about our lives and how much wonder we've spread to others. When we look towards the seas and think of Cthulhu, we listen to the wails and pains, we shouldn't do that...

When we are saddened, it is our duty to make right. Falstaff would not want us sullen, he brought wisdom to his peers and that of the youth. He was the Plato of that Republic.

When we look at the seasons through their unravished ways. Their silence, their peace. The Spring gives us hope, the Summer lets us be free, Autumn lets us reflect, Winter lets us rest.

Our seas are sapphires, the greens of our planet are emeralds, our mountaintops glisten like the diamonds of old...

If you could truly see how much you are loved, by at least someone, how much joy you can bring to one person's life... then you'd never raise a hand in rage again...

Come, friends. We only live once, let us not waste the most precious gift we have.

Let us be heroes, just once, to someone we care about.

#MakeMarvelGreatAgain

So what strawman of completely hamfisted situation do they have to make everything he said in that page seem wrong or irrelevant?

the fact that he is a literal nazi

I'm sorry, shazz

His words are enough.

I'm not, but I believe there will come a day when this is no longer necessary.

so?

See thats the point, is he is the strawman. By having him say it they are saying this view is wrong and imoral and you should be ashamed. The panel itself is a hamfisted attack. It is a sad fucking day when redskull starts to make sense to me.

HAIL HYDRA

No, it's a sad day when someone can't make sense of what he said, so they made red skull say it to portray it as wholly wrong. Does that mean I think it's 100% right? No, but it sure as hell ain't wrong either. Red skull shouldn't have had to say that, but he did.
So, Hail Hydra.

Listen mate, going to try not to be that guy on the internet, so im not going to swear, not going to call you names or insult your intelligence, I just going to level with you. I am a white male, and I attend university. I am a international studies major with a political science focus. Every day I go to school and my teachers, most of whom are minorities actually, tell me im a horrible person just because of my skin color. That I should be ashamed and try to atone for the terrible sin of being white. That I am the problem. That if im not groveling and begging forgiveness I am a bigot. If I do not agree and parrot their party lines about what a miserable waste of flesh I am, they become angry with me, and it has affected my grade in the past before I got wise and learned to shut up. I do not think that's right. I acknowledge that some of what they say is correct, that racism is a problem, but I dont think demonizing white people is the way to go about it. All it does is supercharge the issue and radicalize people. If you feel like tour under attack then you will become defensive, and that can lead to aggressive behavior. I never thought about race when I was younger, had no problem with Latino or Black people, now I do. They treat me like the enemy, and I am increasingly tempted to reciprocate. I try to turn the other cheek but its getting harder every day. It feels like the world has turned on me, and that makes me angry, and it makes me scared for the future. Not for myself, but for what the world will be like for my nieces and nephews, or my own kids if I ever have any.Do we not have the right to advocate for their interests the same as any other group? Do we not have the right to be offended by racism and bigotry against us. And make no mistake it is racism and bigotry, we aren't the only ones capable of it, white skin is not a prerequisite for being a racist.

MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!

HAIL HYDRA!

I don't agree with all of it either, but I can understand and sympathize with the sentiment. The agenda could not be any clearer in this comic though, and I find that kinda sad.

Bump

Red skull?
More like Red pill.

Red Skull... is right. Fuck Marvel. What the hell is going on with you?

Well said, user. I'm white, grew up in a poor home, got good grades in school but was still broke, got an AA at a Jr college, joined the Navy for 4 years, had cash saved so I got a Masters from a middle weight university and got a job at a hospital as a network admin, eventually assuming the senior data security position at a different hospital. I could have been any nationality and it wouldn't have mattered. The opportunity is the same for anyone, the work is the same if you get the experience and focus. But the media is screaming that I had handouts and what I earned is 'tainted' now by privilege of my skin. Seriously, WTF.

And now that I've gone all Sup Forums I feel like an ass, but it just gets to me and is why I don't watch much TV. I do love comics, and I'd love the shit out of Marvel if they'd bring Robbie Reyes back. Instead of focusing on an agenda with a comic, presenting a relatable character with good writing and an artist that is busting his ass makes me want to buy and read more.

He said that the way to fix that was to become human bombs for Hydra.

They basically turned them into ISIS of westerners.

What the fuck is wrong with the world when i find myself agree with a lot of what RED SKULL is saying.

I know user. People tell me about white privilege, and I want to shake them and say " I am only the second person in my family to go to college, literally everyone in my family except my mum does menial labour for a living. My brother cleans out septic tanks for heavens sakes, and i'm here on a scholarship that I busted my but to earn." But even if I explain that, and I actually was stupid enough to try at one point in my peace and conflicts course, they sit there and explain to me that because they were white they had an easier time finding jobs, and you do have tworked people who've gone, a lot of them have none etc etc. I can't even remember everything they said, just that it seemed stupid to me.

Literally exactly what I thought.

Nothing he says is correct he just says it very eloquently

Frankly I'm impressed it's top tier writing

No, I'm reading several pretty darn true statements in there.

There are several good points there, even if he makes them through sensationalized retoric.

because you drank the Sup Forumsaid.

Nigger I'm a mixed race "fuck anything that looks pretty"-sexual that believes in full equality and I completely agree with them and Red Skull.

The next page has a guy join Hydra because of the speech, and within a few panels he's watching people beat a guy for being a different color and then putting on a bomb vest.

It seriously goes from this to suicide bombers in one page.

I'm kind of worried that I'm not disagreeing with this.

its fine to agree with his points on the page, the problem starts when you agree with him enough to think being a suicide bomber on a train is actually an appropriate response.

Its ridiculous that everyone is pretending this is the only bit of the comic that Red Skull was a part of. literally as soon as people joined up he had them get tattooed and get set to allahu ackbar it up.

You can say all sorts of reasonable shit like countries are acting badly in dealing with the immigration problems and that we need to do something about it, but the solution is batshit insane when its to bomb indiscriminately.

I havent read the comic, i think i can safely say most people here are merely agreeing with the points he is making on that one page.

Sir, if you where in the room I would be shaking your hand. That was incredibly eloquent.

Jesus fuck, do you sleep with your fedora?

>People have to lower their vocabulary and grammar to a level I'M comfortable with, otherwise they're just [buzzword].
How the fuck do you even live with yourself?

I get that this was rhetorical, but I don't actually own any hats at all.

I don't exactly disagree with much of this, but because this is Hydra this is going to end terrorism. Which is bad.

I'll just say this. If you can't afford to let in refugees, don't let them into your country in the first place. Or at least highly regulate immigration. Because otherwise there WILL be serious conflict.

Just don't be Germany.

Instead of changing immigration policy, he's going to commit mass murder.

>Every day I go to school and my teachers, most of whom are minorities actually, tell me im a horrible person just because of my skin color

Yeah, that's bullshit. What teacher goes out of their way to do this? They're teachers, they don't give a fuck about anyone. American teachers are too afraid to look at a kid wrong because the know that they can be fired for even the slightest inconvenience.

>They treat me like the enemy, and I am increasingly tempted to reciprocate

You cannot be serious. What, are you saying every time you get out of your house, a bunch of black and mexicans, even as a child, go full on SJW on you?

And surely you realize that people are individuals, right? Just because some minorities treat you like shit doesn't give you excuse you to stoop their level by labeling ALL minorities are bad. If you are truly a good person, then using your past as an excuse to be a shitty person wouldn't even be considered. It's amazing how people can read capeshit and yet not get that, it's the most basic message of comics. Enough of your Sup Forums bullshit, user, you're doing exactly what skull is doing right now. A black and white "us versus them" mentality that's nonsense at best. PEOPLE are shitty, but you can choose to rise above the shittiness, or succumb to it. Either way, I really don't care for your sob story.

>Yeah, that's bullshit. What teacher goes out of their way to do this? They're teachers, they don't give a fuck about anyone

Not him, but I'm a university student, and it is typical to hear a whole load of bullshit from a range of people.

I've had a fucking 70 year old Asian professor bring up shit like white privilege. What are you supposed to say to that?

Of course I'm from California, so I'm in the nexus.

As for your other statement, it seems just a tad too altruistic for my taste. Good in theory, yeah, but whether we like it or not, race has become a ridiculous hot button issue in western society, more so than it has been in decades, and acting like you're above it all, when these kind of politics are being plastered everywhere, doesn't 100% work.

University user, not k-12, and i'm in poly sci courses, the core material is how white people are evil.

By your logic the fact that a few white people are racist does not in any way justify continued civil rights movements since most white people aren't racist, and clearly they just need to rise above the few individuals who are.

Same user you're replying to. A bit weird to see another Californian, small world.

>I've had a fucking 70 year old Asian professor bring up shit like white privilege. What are you supposed to say to that?

Report him for not doing his job? Like I said, Teachers here can get fired for the slightest controversy, just talk to someone about it. But to consider taking your frustrations out on people completely unrelated to it is ludicrous.

As for your other statement, it seems just a tad too altruistic for my taste. Good in theory, yeah, but whether we like it or not, race has become a ridiculous hot button issue in western society, >more so than it has been in decades, and acting like you're above it all, when these kind of politics are being plastered everywhere, doesn't 100% work

But the alternative is even worse. The last thing you want to do is justify what idiots say about you. And in the end, again, it just creates an us versus them situation, which is sad since the entire 20th century was spent fighting to get rid of that mentality. The SJW mentality is flawed, and have proven to cannibalize itself due to it becoming increasingly more nonsensical. But I implore you, don't listen to Sup Forums, they aren't any better, but you are. But then again, I'm an optimistic individual, so whatever.

Hey user, this is the guy you originally responded to. I'm happy you recognize the inherent issues with the sjw's, i have absolutely no desire to go Sup Forums, i'm just really sick of sjw's getting on my case. I just want to be left alone. I have no problem working to fix issues, i just really don't think demonizing white people solves issues, all it does is make more issues like Sup Forums.

>I have no problem working to fix issues, i just really don't think demonizing white people solves issues, all it does is make more issues like Sup Forums

And I very much agree. I don't believe in demonizing entire races or religions because I want to treat people equally when I can. But in times like this, when both sides of the political spectrum are becoming increasingly asinine, it's best to just keep a cool head when you can. You can never go wrong by staying rational and reasonable.

>By your logic the fact that a few white people are racist does not in any way justify continued civil rights movements since most white people aren't racist, and clearly they just need to rise above the few individuals who are

Except that's not my logic at all? If you truly feel like you're dealing with injustice, then fix it, but to act like anyone that isn't your skin color is your enemy is nonsense.

It's capeshit, dude. Any legitimate qualms can be eliminated by any dude in spandex going "Nuh uh, you're wrong," and then things revert back to the status quo.

meant for

Better watch your mouth Billy, that kind of talk will get you killed by superman

Beware of this is the path to fanaticism.

>tfw Sup Forums opened my eyes on white people
but I'll be fair, I don't trust anyone anymore, despite how irrational it is, it's always in the back of my mind when I meet people.

Way to go, son

WAY TO GO, SON

Way to go, son.

but we've always beem cunts, Billy

If you'd rather side with terrorists, we don't need you.

What story is this from Friend? I need some good BRB.

Superman pls.

>If you're a Trump supporter, you're basically Hydra.

That's a silly hyperbole that's going to turn most people off.

>WE MUST REJECT CONTEMPORARY AMERICAN CONSUMERISM TO RETURN TO THE GLORY OF NOSTALGIA-COATED 1950'S CONSUMERISM!

Man, fuck anyone that wants society to regress out of some backwards kinda nostalgia.

He raises some very fair points but later on supports suicide bombings.Take it as you will.

Way to go, son

Dident you hear it's all doctor Manhattans faulf

Red Skull is all about opening you up with appealing shit, and then putting you in Hydra gear before you realize it. He's supposed to be tempting and make sense in these panels. Look at literally every fucking monologue he's ever had.

What am I saying? Why would someone on Sup Forums be expected to read comics.

>College political science courses force white people to admit that they are wicked due to their race and accept complete responsibility for any social transgressions other members of their race may have committed.

Here's where my skepticism of all that comes from:

I've taken several sociology courses relating to gender and race. In these courses, historical and contemporary evidence of racist/sexist media and social practices (mostly caused by whites and/or men) comes up frequently.

In these classes, it is not uncommon for me to hear classmates coming to similar conclusions as yours, complaining that the teacher "hates men" or is trying to make the class experience "white guilt", etc.

And while I've of course never experienced your specific classes (which may, in fairness, have legitimately crazy professors), I HAVE been in the same courses as other people complaining over the same academic injustices, and I can confidently say they don't know what the fuck they're talking about.

Learning about sexist men or racist white people does not mean your teacher is trying to convince you that you're a bad person, or implicitly responsible for any form of oppression minorities or women experience. It's a critique of specific reoccurring practices within society, not you as an individual.

>My grades suffer when I disagree with the teacher or the material.

Again, it's anecdotal, but I've openly challenged material in classrooms preaching "social justice" without having my grades compromised on several occasions.

Maybe I'm being too dismissive of your college program by suggesting it's fundamentally the same as mine (especially since mine wasn't even with political science teachers), but I'm just curious if you aren't another white guy that heard someone describe white male privilege and assumed they were accusing you of being a racist/sexist.

I was trapped in a world I never made.

WAY TO GO, SON

To me we haven't acted like heroes for centuries.

Hey, I read comics.
Red Skull even said that he planed to amass his troops, not with mind control, but with actually appealing to them with what they want to hear. Capturing their hearts to control their minds.
In the end, the point is that it doesn't really matter if what he says is right or wrong, it's his actions and conclusions, his ability to inspire with a silver, forked tongue and then what he does with the people he can inspire, that make him evil and a force to be reckoned with.
Someone could believe in the same things and still be a hero, due to their actions and what they choose to do with their beliefs.
Or something.

This is true. Any period in the past only looks good because we neglect the problems. There were worse race issues, almost just as bad diets, you basically had to be a middle class white person to have a regular life, people were stupid as hell, and tons of marriages were fucked up along with alcoholism and affairs.

People like to glorify the Mad Men lifestyle but I mean just watching the show reveals how shitty the time was

But I'm a homosexual can I get buff Spartan hunks instead

WAY TO GO, SON

Way to go, son.

Exactly. This reminds me of a Disney short called "Reason and Emotion", and it tackles this issue perfectly.

youtube.com/watch?v=nvp3zAPraF4&app=desktop

>Red Skull is now Trump
Jesus Marvel, I'm not a big fan of the guy but fuck this hamfisted bullshit

>Trump is bad because Red Skull = bad
>HYDRA = evil so even if something is reasonable it's completely wrong
Hamfisted indeed.

Way to go, son

Way to go, son

Way to go, son

Whether you think he's right or not, it IS completely in character for Red Skull to use the migrant crisis as a way to push his own agenda and trick people into working for him. Marvel's irritating liberal propaganda is all over the place, but it's actually well-placed here.

It's pretty depressing that so many anons would've been totally cool becoming literal nazis if the speech was eloquent enough.

Way to go son. /ss/ with the neck snaper is truly a pure form of love

>Sup Forums
>heroes

the thing i don't get about liberal propaganda is, why? i mean decades ago they were kind of the minorty and people were more conservative and shit, but now it's like the ruling 80% of the population feels the need to advertise the kool aid everyone's already bought. just give it a rest for five minutes

That man won't quit as long as he can still draw a breath. None of my teammates will. Me? I've got a different problem. I feel like I live in a world made of cardboard, always taking care not to break something, to break someone. Never allowing myself to lose control even for a moment, or someone could die. But you can take it, can't you, big man? What we have here is a rare opportunity for me to cut loose and show you just how powerful I really am

Because it's not propaganda, it's just their opinions.

This is good.
Is it pasta, though?

I've had the same experience. As far as I can tell even if it isn't supposed to be a criticism, people feel like it is because it hits a part of their identity.

>My teacher is teaching something where white people caused something bad, but I'm white and I've never did anything. They should stop telling me I'm a bad person despite the fact I'm not being accused of anything!

Way to go, son

Yeah.
If only people saying "white people did something bad" didn't follow it up constantly with "white people today, still benefit from it because PRIVILEGE"

Your half-cape thing looks stupid.

I think that's the point, that bad men take social issues that do affect people and use those desperate people and the fear the social issues cause to make them do terrible things. Y'know, like Hitler did. Or ISIS does.