Looks like Adult Swim is just giving us the middle finger

Looks like Adult Swim is just giving us the middle finger.

metalinsider.net/interviews/interview-brendon-small-on-galaktikon-ii-the-end-of-metalocalypse

Other urls found in this thread:

vice.com/read/aqua-teen-hunger-force-forever-is-the-end-of-an-era-111
twitter.com/AnonBabble

What did you think of that campaign where they wanted people to fax in to save the show?

Oh that? I actually talked to Adult Swim and said ‘what are you doing this for? You already said no to me, I know you’re not going to make this show, and now you’re just antagonizing all these fans.’ Metalocalypse fans who are Adult Swim fans were clogging up Adult Swim’s social media, and they were basically saying “get off my lawn.” First of all, I don’t think Adult Swim wants to come across as the “get off my lawn” network. Secondly, all they did was pour gasoline on the fire and that week and the week after, it made so many people believe that Metalocalypse was coming back, when it was just a dormant, smoldering dead fire. Meanwhile, Entertainment Weekly is trying to get me on the phone about a statement on Metalocalypse coming back, and I didn’t even take the call because I was like “let Adult Swim deal with this, this is such a confusing way to deal with this problem, let it die or something.”

Man, they fucked with him. That's just sad.

They never actually acknowledged publicly what the campaign was about?

No, it was a smug, condescending “fuck you” to the Metalocalypse fans, which again, are die hard Adult Swim fans. But they’re telling them all to go fuck themselves. I want to say one other thing about Adult Swim, because they’re doing a lot of confusing things to the Metalocalypse audience, and I don’t think they mean to. I stand back and look and think what they want to do is try to build out new TV shows to make people forget about Dethklok. If you’re running a network, you want to have new things that people are excited about, not old things that they’ve made a decision to just discontinue for whatever reason. So that makes them really annoyed, when you’re not acknowledging their new shows at all and you don’t care as much as you do for the old one. It happens to them constantly, I think they get that with the anime stuff, other shows that've been cancelled.

But on this show, there’s something that happens on Metalocalypse that’s different than a lot of other shows. After the credits roll you keep thinking about this show. You think about the music, you think about the jokes and the mood and the setting and the fact that there’s a story that continues beyond the episode. We made a show that people think about after it’s over. Adult Swim just wants you to think about the new shows, and I get both parts, and I had a really good run with them and a great time working with them, and I don’t want to start a war with Adult Swim or anything. What I would say to them if I could is that you don’t need to go out of of your way to piss off the fans because they love your network. My whole time with Adult Swim, I couldn’t have asked for a better run. I got to do whatever I wanted the way I wanted to. I didn’t get to wrap up the season the way I wanted to, but so many people don’t even get a TV show. And this is going to stick around for a while in peoples’ heads.

So first Adult Swim cancels Home Movies in the middle of Season 4's production, leaving Small and Bouchard to scramble to write the finale "Focus Grill" and now they're fucking him over on Metalocalypse too. Disgraceful. After all these years you'd think AS and Lazzo would have learned to show him a modicum of respect, but no.

It's rude to the fans to, but let's be honest. AS has changed. It's no longer the network of the likes of Home Movies and Harvey Birdman, or Xavier and Moral Orel. Now it's the network of 8 hours of FOX reruns a night, Rick and Morty, Mr. Pickles, and the undying corpse of Robot Chicken. They don't care about the fans that watched them in their first decade of existence anymore. They're targeting a new generation of viewers now. The ones that grew up on Loiter Squad and Family Guy.

>no mention of Tim & Eric

Did they finally get rid of that unbearable garbage?

>[as] cancels Home Movies
>[as] cancels The Big O
>[as] cancels 12oz Mouse
>[as] cancels Moral Orel
>[as] cancels Metalocalypse

>[as] airs ATHF during 15 years
>[as] starts worshipping Tim and Eric

Adult Swim is pure shite now

both tim and eric are around in various guises, but i don't think they have a show on AS anymore as they've been replaced by other, even worse live action shows.

>has disowned his involvement in Space Ghost Coast to Coast
>gave Home Movies low priority compared to Williams Street originals, sometimes airing new episodes at 3 AM and months apart from each other; eventually cancelled it because it was cheaper to rerun Family Guy in it's place; won't let it rerun anymore because he has such a distaste for it
>told the creators of Moral Orel to make the show darker, cancelled it for being "too dark" and "not funny"
>cancelled China Il and Aqua Teen without letting the creators have a say
>refused to give Stroker and Hoop a Season 2 pickup despite previously stating otherwise, leaving the show to end on a cliffhanger
>bought the rights to millions of dollars in FOX reruns which squandered the budget for Mission Hill's potential revival
>has a hard on for Tim and Eric and Seth McFarlane shows
>won't give Metalocalypse another season to wrap up the series because of a petty argument over creative control with Brendon Small
>was a major proponent of Loiter Squad and was instrumental in keeping it on air as long as it was
>almost passed up on Rick and Morty in favor of Mr. Pickles
>Mr. Pickles got a 30 episode pickup
>got into some random internet fight with Jon Benjamin and David Cross for some reason
>will all but let corporate sponsors fuck him in the ass at this point; wants Adult Swim to be "more like TBS"
>is now pushing for the development of "a Tosh.0 type program" made in conjuncture with Worldstar Hip Hop.com
>his favorite Adult Swim programs of all time are Robot Chicken and Loiter Squad

LAZZO LOGIC EVERYONE

>even worse live action shows
How is that even possible?
What could be worse than "sketch" """"comedy""" where every single punchline is "look at how awkward this is"?

Christ almighty I wish antihumor had never taken off.

I call this business tactic Toronto Maple Leafs Syndrome. Why try to be good when you're already making money hand over fist when you suck?

Last hope is that Small has good rights and hooks up with Netflix.

>got into some random internet fight with Jon Benjamin and David Cross for some reason
Basically Cross and H-Jon claimed the 4AM infomercials (i.e. Broomshakalaka, Too Many Cooks) ripped off Icelandic Ultrablue, which Lazzo denied a full pickup of, and claimed that he screwed them over.

Loiter Squad is literally Tim and Eric meets Jackass done by an edgy teenage rap group beloved by middle school boys

>cancelled China Il and Aqua Teen without letting the creators have a say

Well the first part sucks balls, but the 2nd part I'm not so sure about. I mean Aqua Teen was on for so many years before it finally got cancelled. Did the creators want to keep going with it? Or did they make the decision to end the show?

The creators wanted to keep making it but Lazzo killed it because Reasons.

>Sure. So will people ever get to hear the ending to the story?

>You will. I just can’t tell you how.

Some hope. Not enough, but some.

probably another album?

vice.com/read/aqua-teen-hunger-force-forever-is-the-end-of-an-era-111

>the one guy who hates ATHF and associates it with Tim and Eric

Why is there always one contrarian faggot like you? Or is this just bait?

I'm sorry for having different taste.

How can you love everything good EXCEPT ATHF and put it on the same level as Tim and Eric? You can only be a ruseman, I refuse to accept you as anything else.