Did you guys already talk about this?

did you guys already talk about this?

should I watch it?

Yes we talked about it

It's prometheus 2 with a real xeno at the end.
watch it if you can tolerate prometheus

Don't watch this garbage

If you didn't hate prometheus for trying to do something that wasn't "capture the Xeno" then this one should be fine.

If you hated prometheus then don't watch it.

it's shit. if you have to see it for yourself, pirate it

absolute polarization of opinions here

you simply must watch it and make your own judgement this time.

I liked it, but I also really liked Prometheus

Yes and no.

This is all you need to know about the people who liked this turd, OP.

Did you like Prometheus? Then yes, go watch it - and then promptly kill yourself

Did you dislike Prometheus? Then no

Why does it look like one of the xenos is being choked by his fellas?

Fassbender is fun, it's well shot, and it's the best chestbursting effects in the series... but the plot and characterization is thinner than Prometheus even and you get to the end giving zero fucks about anything.

>It's prometheus 2 with a real xeno at the end.
I feel like between the two there's a really great Aliens movie trying to get out but it's just kinda... meh. All of it. Bloody meh, but still meh.

My thoughts during the movie.

Why are they not wearing suits on this planet?

Why are they not worried about breathing in something dangerous?

Oh look, someone breathed in something dangerous.

They just landed on an alien planet with no spacesuit or re-breather or anything. Why are they surprised people are getting sick?

Hey, this is somewhat interesting all of a sudden. If I just forget about the build-up, I might be able to enjoy this.

Uh, they're referencing Prometheus a lot all of a sudden. I'll just ignore it.

Oh look, David made the eggs from the first ALIEN.

Wait, if David made the eggs then how did so many of them end up on the crashed ship in ALIEN?

And how does the Alien Queen fit into all of this?

Now we're at the finale. Is the audience not supposed to know that Walter is dead and David is pretending to be him?

OH SHIT, she just squished a xenomorph!

Finally, we're back on the ship.

AAAAAANNNNNDDDDD it's over.

Why is David such a dick?

Danny McBride was surprisingly good in this.

Same here. They could have made one really good movie out of the two of them. I did feel that the crew from Covenant was a lot more interesting to watch interact than the Prometheus crew.

My thought when reading your post.

Why can't some people understand something unless it's explained to them in great detail?

Are they stupid?

Are they Americans?

Would they die from no air intake if they used their brains for two seconds?

>Why can't some people understand something unless it's explained to them in great detail?

What the fuck are you talking about?

It's ok. Nothing really special. I actually liked Prometheus better.

I wanted to see David and Shaw uncover the mysteries of the Engjneers.

So I'm a bit dissapointed that it's just another "people get picked off by Aliens and the evil robot"-movie.

There's not a single original idea in it.

Too bad. It's pretty well made though but the characters are totally forgettable. I actually like Walter best.

Everything made sense, you should be able to answer your own questions. If you had any brain, that is.

What made sense about them just assuming there would be zero bacteria in the air?

A scene where they examine the air and declare it's good, but it wasn't shove in your face, also the fact that there was a human living on the planet who sent them the signal and the plant life was identical to Earth.

Piece of shit. Like the Force Awakens, where the whole film is just one big distillation of Alien tropes

>scene where crewmembers wake from cryosleep and drink coffee afterwards CHECK
>short-haired female protagonist CHECK
>Crazy robot CHECK
>Crew member is infected by alien organism and is killed in gory fashion from inside out CHECK
>Engineer Ship investigation scene CHECK
>Blow the Alien out the Airlock scene CHECK

Well...

THEY GOT SICK FROM NOT WEARING HELMETS

How am I dumb for wanting them to wear helmets when the reason they got infected was because they weren't wearing helmets?

>I know they will find an alien substance that will infect them if they don't wear helmets, why don't they wear helmets?!

People have died ON EARTH from not protecting themselves from the native diseases.

Why would you not apply the exact same precautions to an alien planet?

Because those guys are all about RAPE.

>Hey, I go to a vacation tho Mexico I better put my eva suit designed for resident evil 8

When Europeans first discovered what is now Mexico, MILLIONS of natives died from bacteria.

Do you even know world history?

Why didn't they wear suits?!

It's hilarious that people use this as main criticism of the movies.

Why don't you complqin about the fwct that grwvity is exactly like on earth or that the athmosphere is breathable in the first place? How realistic is that?

Fucking reddit autists.

I get it, you're a troll.

Here's your last (you).

>Why don't you complqin about the fwct that grwvity is exactly like on earth or that the athmosphere is breathable in the first place? How realistic is that?

Well they went looking for a planet JUST LIKE EARTH so they would obviously want to colonize a planet with similar gravity and similar atmosphere.

Walking around with no helmets and spacesuits before you actually can check to see what kind of bacteria is on a planet is fucking stupid.

do you want to watch a movie where you can predict every event and death at least 15 minutes beforehand? If you enjoyed Prometheus's "characters must be mentally retarded in order for the plot to advance" structure, you will feel right at home.

There's such a difference between the cast of Alien, who make all of the right/smart choices and still get picked off, and Prometheus/Covenant, who all make the stupidest/worst choices and get killed.

THIS

I like prometheus and hated this. I have never wanted to walk out of a movie in a while. You can like it, but if you ignore the faults and say "lol only dummies don't get it" you're lying to yourself.

ITT:
>WHY ISNT MY SCI FI MOVIE PERFECT
>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

The movie isn't smart. People are just THAT dumb.

capture the xeno?

I have a question as a casual viewer. hear me out, and have an open mind.

is it possible, that the robot fight, the actual good guy won, but then he turned 'bad' for some 'muh creations' feelings? or do we know for sure that the 'bad' robot won?

that means the bad robot would have had to slice off his own hand?

It's 100% David. The only piece of evidence to suggest otherwise is the wound under David's chin is missing after the androids fight, but that is most likely due to this movie being a piece of shit. David planned to replace Walter after he found out he couldn't "turn" him.

No. It's a movie that plays it way too safe yet still makes a lot of the same mistakes Prometheus did. Fuck you could cut out the last twenty minutes of the alien running around and absolutely nothing in the plot would change aside from a few literally whos getting killed solely to add something in the trailer.

get the rip
its not that the film isn't technically excellent
its that the crew is stupid as fuck, and do the dumbest things in order to make the plot work

one of the worst movies in the series but not as shitty as prometheus or 3

because if they wore helmets it would have made writing the plot A LOT more difficult and writers are sensitive and need their baby sleep

TORRENT WHEN?

I don't know how Scott can fix the "plot cannot advance without the crew acting inexplicably stupid" problem but I still really liked it. Just wear your fucking helmet next time on a planet you've never been on kiddo.

Just a quick question and a real one.
Does Prometheus and Covenant take place prior to Alien or afterwards?
Because I have seen some clips where they appear to pilot the alien ship (that is the derelict one from the original Alien) which of course takes the ship away from its resting place in Alien.
What is the chronology here friends ?

>they have helmets on
>they're careful in advancing through terrain that obviously looks corrupted
>David shows up
>leads them to his lair
>the crew relaxes and takes off their protective gear
>by tricking them he exposes some of them to the black polen and some to the egg
>he retreats into the shadows while the crew panics and deals with neo/protomorphs
>Walter pursues him while the crew gets killed off
>David kills Walter and rejoins the remainder of the crew as they escape the planet

there, I just streamlined the entire fucking plot just like that without anyone in it looking like a complete fucking retard

I saw it for free (free pass), and I am glad I didn't pay to see it

They are prequels to Alien.

Don't let these haters fool you. It's a good Alien movie. Keep in mind that these idiots actually believe ALIENS is a bad movie.

IMO Covenant is slightly better than Prometheus if that helps. So yeah, watch it. No where near as bad as the AvP movies.

>david is a synth and has no susceptibility

>any planetary explorer with a brain would remove an NBC gear element without experimental verification over long duration

when did basic sci fi intelligence reach the level of plebe imbeciles

>hey guys, its not as big a turd as the last big turd

>that makes consuming shit palatable