Geoff Johns

How can a writer be this uneven? The Rebirth one-shot was fucking fantastic, an emotional rollercoaster that seeks to return its heart to the DC Universe while delivering a poignant piece of metacommentary, while the finale of Darkseid War was nothing but a meandering mess with shit dialogue, shock deaths and utterly baffling developments.

If you had told me these two were written by different people I would totally believed you, that's how different they are in terms of quality.

How was the ending to Darkseid War shit? Because you didn't like it? Go fuck yourself.

I literally just explained why, you literal retard.

>How was the ending to Darkseid War shit? Because you didn't like it?
That's the founding principle of criticism on Sup Forums.

Not what OP said tho.

No, but it's what said.

Tbh Rebirth is practically unreadable unless you care about nostalgia wank.

To a new reader or someone who started with Nu52 it just comes across as preachy garbage, where Johns is explaining "no, the things you liked were bad, here are the things I like which are good"

Personally I'm not one of those people, but if remonded me of how I felt with Flash Rebirth. Wally was the only Flash I knew, and suddenly he was sidelined so Johns could wank Barry. I imagine Kylefags felt the same way during GL Rebirth

There's a page where Hal gives lip service to Kyle's torchbearing. so it's not like it's a huge slap in the face, but yeah. Kind of like that.

What really sucked about GL Rebirth was the HAL DID NOTHING WRONG part.

I disagree. I'm a huge casual, and I really liked Rebirth.

fuck the old continuity I don't care about that shit. You guys should just read wikipedia instead of ruining comics

because he's working on movies and TV shows now more and his focus is divided.

>The Rebirth one-shot was fucking fantastic

No it wasnt, You are happy wally is back so you are not ebing objective.

>because he's working on movies and TV shows now more and his focus is divided.

His entire league was pretty bad.

Johns is such an obvious fucking writer. From the moment the Linda scene started it was obvious she wouldn't remember Wally.

It's just clear that he wasn't emotionally invested in Darkseid War and maybe even more generally the new 52 since it ruined all his faves and erased all his runs. He still tried of course and had some decent ideas, but his passion wasn't there and it showed in the final product.

It was always pretty obvious it was going to be Barry

So he did a bad job because he's a fanboy faggot

for everyone but Wally. I do get the seek batman thing since the guy usually was the one that got contacted by barry, but leaving Barry for the end? shit idea.

It was his story, his version of the character, with the characters he introduced, an OC villian, he just sucked.

Is John's writing the book vs. Manhattan?

Because if he is, it's going to be Barry and Hal stopping him

The very ending of darksied war was great it gave us baby darksied and lex luthor as ruller of apokalips a lot you can do with both of those

But it was a fucking mess

After Linda it seemed like he was being randomly pulled

Yes, but I don't think emotional investment is bad. His best works are the ones where you feel like he's right there with you having fun too.

>It was his story, his version of the character, with the characters he introduced, an OC villian, he just sucked.

That's an uncharitable misread of my post. Nowhere did I say anything about something being forced upon him (besides maybe the reboot; the timing obviously wasn't something he was prepared for on that whether it was his choice or not). Acknowledging that his heart wasn't in it doesn't mean that it wasn't his fault the end product was lacking.

I still don't understand why the AM was so small

He's usually portrayed as a very big guy

Nah m8, it is all about Wally and waifu-lantern now

nah

it started picking up around Throne of Atlantis. Forever Evil tie ins were good too.

started getting weak around mid way through Darkseid War, which was about the time Johns started getting more responsibility for movies.

I hear Jim Lee ghostwrote the first couple of issues too

It was a pretty terrible ending. Amateurish writing.

>it started picking up around Throne of Atlantis.
True, they went from shit to decent
>Forever Evil tie ins were good too.
kinda good
>started getting weak around mid way through Darkseid War,
It started like shit. And ended in shit. The storytimes of those issues were filled with people calling them crap

>I hear Jim Lee ghostwrote the first couple of issues too
Where? Show me 1 source that isnt a Johnsfag on Sup Forums

for you

For you, maybe.

The rebirth one shot was just wally monologing and some clip shoes.

It was a glorified ad catalog

4 U

I didnt care about Wally before today

>while delivering a poignant piece of metacommentary

Explain how I'm wrong then, fag.

Passion and phoning in work due to a tight schedule I guess. I still dislike how they're digging up Watchmen's corpse to rape it in public again but I do admit Wally's dialogue made me tear up.

What's the poignant bit? "Cape comics should be campy drivel that challenge nothing, and Alan Moore is the devil"? That's kinda schwarbage.

Man, I just finished reading darksied war10, it was literally return to status quo the book. what a shame.

If you like Watchmen you should probably fucking hang yourself fampaitachi

As someone that only started reading comics a couple of years ago and has read mostly New 52 stuff I can confirm you're full of shit.

I've literally never read a book with Wally as a significant character yet I cried like a bitch a couple of times during Rebirth. Why? Because Johns, in only a few pages, made me care, made me realize that what pre-52 fags go on about all the time was 100% correct.

I may not have read much pre-52 stuff but Rebirth made me feel like I had.

if that's really what he's saying than I agree whole-heartedly. british invasion ruined comics.

Johns is demonizing himself, not Moore.