Homestuck art

What's the single best panel?

Other urls found in this thread:

fuckingletmehaveaname.tumblr.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Legitimately one of my favorite moments in all of fiction.

The art on the WV dream sequence was amazing

Hussnasty was pretty too when it wasn't focused on the faces

of course you make this kind of thread immediately after I've cleared out all of the homestuck panels I've saved

this one

Oh god, yes. If only the framerate had been smoother and doubled.

>kids are created with glasses, diapers, and a hairband

Skaia sure knows what it's doing.

no
someone put lipstick on those babies

hussnasty was nice
i miss it a lot
too bad hussie doesn't draw anymore

he's forgotten how to i'm sure

that's why he did hussnasty in the first place, cause he knew his art was getting worse with all the sprite shit
but for some reason he just didn't keep it up and even the less detailed art in the comic suffered

cloun is for murder

well this is what it looks like at 2 fps

Splendid.

i can't wait for live to get to this

How difficult is it to make the glitchy stuff, from an artistic standpoint? Hussie does some pretty cool stuff with it.

It's actually symbolic, so you'd recognize the kids
All the babies are actually all screaming and naked

I can't wait for davepeta

that's a good question
I'd like to know what technique he uses, too

Wait, wrong one.

This is the best panel in Homestuck.

the first half of act 6 act 6 up to game over and the immediate aftermath is fucking excellent and no one can convince me otherwise. its the paciest most intense straightforward storytelling in the comic.

john's eyes are in his glasses
it's canon

Shouldn't the blush be behind her glasses?

Not that hard, they're just layers that have been jacked up a bit with an erase tool.

Can't tell you how time consuming it is though.

Should I reread and finish Homestuck?

I've read it before up to somewhere I can't remember, sometime after the Trolls' ancestor players were introduced. I don't mind long stuff, I've done stuff like watched Dougram, am watching Mazinger Z, etc.

it ain't worth it man
it ain't worth it

do it

Man what more do they even have left? All I can remember off the top of my head is the arenea hijack and then game over then collide

If he does it by hand then he's paying a LOT of attention to detail, because a lot of the glitches show a rectangular "blocking" effect like you'd expect from video glitches

Up to you. It's a pretty big time investment for a shitty pay-off, but it's a hell of a lot of laughs.

Hey, she's not exactly a fan of either of them so at least she'll get a hoot out of it.

That's how most tools work with smoothing effects turned off.

you have blanked from your mind the retcon followed by hundreds of years worth of tepid text in between game over and collide

why not read good fantasy series instead?

Dunno if anyone remembers, a couple weeks ago I said I was going to take a shot at making a land generator which would make stuff from two input words (Land of x and y etc), in the form of some images rendered as closely to the comic style as I could manage.

Well, I've been hammering away at stuff since then and I've started to make some progress, though not in the real meat of generation yet.

I wanted to be able to get some info about what relevant objects look like, so I had it grab some images from google - so far so good - but wanted to remove excess backgrounds so they could appear in the scenes. I knew that would be hard, but how hard could it be?

Oh boy. Let me tell you. Removing backgrounds from still images is a FUCKING NIGHTMARE. Turns out it's a serious computer vision problem which isn't properly solved and I've been up to my ears in research papers for the last week or so. Got some stuff sort of working though.

Still needs a lot of tweaking, and ignore that all these are moose, I did that as a test case since it's one brown thing on a mostly also brown background.

Besides never-ending moose, it does pretty well at pulling apart the input terms and getting relevant related words, and will recognise stuff like fairly obscure mineral names as rocks, that sort of thing.

A long way to go but it's a start.

So, finally got around to printing this. Few major issues I noticed are that the face on the back lacks detail and is at a weird angle, and the top star did not come out well at all. I think I'll have to print it at a higher scale, or make the star larger; other than that, looks reasonable. Final versions will have half the layer height (twice as detailed). Gold was the only color that would look decent with this, will need to buy white. Or whatever color requested.

Your program stole that last mooses' ass

Keep up the good work

it seems like the rear portion is a tad long, and yeah the star needs to be a bit bigger

Looks real neat.

My gay anime figs would love it.

but otherwise, it looks like it's coming along well

the hammerhead and handle look great

Whats your program trying to do, looking for blurred colors?

Looking good man.

excellent
now we just need a progress update from visual novel guy

Noted, will shorten and enlarge.

Cool. I'll be posting updates on them when I make them.

Thanks. I'm particularly proud of the handle, as I've never done anything similar to that. I'm also glad I decided to make the "cap" a separate piece instead of being flush with the head; two-tone box is canonical but I find this looks nicer.

Thanks.

Is it time for me to make a Tumblr yet, do you think? To post progress updates and such? Or should I wait until I have some more models? I'd add a link to a Google Forms on the side to order them when I'm "open", so as not to plainly broadcast that I'm selling these.

it's never too early to keep a log of your progress

Official only good characters from act 6:

1.) Caliborn
2.) Roxy
3.) Arquiusprite
4.) Mituna
5.) HIC/Meenah

I guess since we're all doing progress updates, uh
In terms of the HSG book, things are coming along fine right now, Loki and I have been working together on design stuff
Other than that I've got all my materials sorted and ready to shove into the book once Loki finishes the templates
All the actual hard stuff is kind of out of the way, so expect some visual updates soon

The handle and head look awesome!!
Would you consider getting some printed by a higher resolution 3D printer (shapeways?) so you could keep that scale? It'd up the cost, but they'd be able to handle the detail better. Have you figured out potential prices for these yet?

Book user and I have also been chatting recently. We've started figuring out how to break up the book to fit all the content he's organized. There are lots of different awesome projects goin on right now, exciting

Major props to you. This would be an amazing thing to have, and I hope you finish it. Have you considered working around the problem by telling the program to only look for high-contrast images?

if you're still working on this in a couple weeks I might be able to write you some smut

Erisolsprite was better than all 5 of those characters combined.

the WHAT

what i'd want to see would be caledflwch forged in men at arms. that would be sick

good luck man, you'll need it

there's a reason captchas are currently image based, machine image recognition has a long way to go before its even close to reliable

may i suggest making it search for images with plain white backgrounds instead?

nice

do you guys remember that one user who was obsessed with "databending" for a while
now I kind of wish I had listened to him

John was alright. Generally not his finest moments, but he was still quality.

he meant new characters

Could some photoshop magician change the background to black of something dark, without it looking cheap as fuck?
I can't do shit when it comes to pic editing

He probably means the big book of shitposts or whatever the fuck its being called now

photoshop high mage here, i could give it a crack

Why the fuck wasn't the pic uploaded...sorry

Things are going well, but there are a lot of these fuckers. I just have to keep reminding myself that once I'm done with them nobody else will ever have to do this again.

Meenah is fucking garbage and literally designed to sell shirts

Yeah, that's mostly because it's biased towards stuff in the centre, which can sometimes be a bit too strong.

It divides the image into blocks which are close both spatially and in terms of colour (second column), works out how each pixel contrasts from the average colour (third), gets the average of that contrast per region, with some fairly complicated adjustments (fourth) and uses any regions which are more than twice the average difference as a mask (fifth).

Thanks. It's a really interesting, if head-desk infuriating at times.

Oh I fully intend to have it do exactly that (white backgrounds, contrast etc), but it's not always what you get, and I'm testing it out with what I reckon is fairly close to worst-case for blend-in backgrounds, just to make sure I can get it working *well enough* with shitty input.

God speed
I for one cannot wait to create my dersecest magnum opus thanks to you

how wrong you are

is it hard coping with the knowledge that your waifu will get old and wrinkled and disgusting while mine will only ever get better?

Please appreciate this weeaboo.

*it's a really interesting project, fuck

If you have a version without jpg artifacts that would make it easier

Oh, right, there are probably people who don't know
So you know how that one user got an HSG book as a gristmas present years ago? Well since a copy or pdf never turned up, I decided to make another
I've had a few people giving me help with this including Loki and a bunch of anons that shared their HSG folders
Mozai said he wanted to help a while ago too but I'm waiting for him to get back to me on that
I'm either gonna publish it at production cost or distribute it as a .pdf with instructions on how to self-publish, I haven't decided yet
Trust me man I'm gonna make this shit radical It's gonna be good

i didn't dream about meenah's feet in my face last night
:(

that's incredible

HSG is incredible

you guys are incredibl

you are doing god's work

Someone hmu with livebloggers blog pretty please

sometipsygnostalgic.timblr.com

fuckingletmehaveaname.tumblr.com/

Shit, I never bought any HSG merch, mainly because it's all trash, but I need me some of that.

Not this twat again

We had merch?

I guess we all just post OC updates now?

Homestack (which cribs shamelessly from metastuck and the hsgsession) will probably update at some point this weekend, after I'm done with finals. I needed a little time to flesh some characters (read: shitposter-chan) out, and I went back and edited some dialog to read more smoothly, changing one character's typing habits in particular so that they have a modern internet analog.

>Mozai said he wanted to help a while ago too but I'm waiting for him to get back to me on that
he's always in #farts if you want to try bugging him there

Is there a person in this thread who can explain to a dumb person WHAT actually happened here and HOW?

The why is not needed, everyone already knows there wasn't one.

wait so the goal is to get it to be able to grab a dog from google

extract the dog

and then...?

that's still a thing? you people are pathetic

I would still give Mituna the edge, that hot mess is the tragic hero of another story

Erisolsprite was the hero we deserve, though

well yeah irc is where tripfags go to die

stick a bunch of them in a land
for the land of dogs and whatever else.

>Jack stared into the abyss
>the abyss stared back

boom, fast-produced villain
Should have been Dave's bro instead desu