JSA Storytime: Suicide Squad

Good evening owls of Sup Forums,

HOOT HOOT

Hoot hoot hoot!

So how far into this series are we going before suffering through Nate's bad years?

well that was one fucking day on the Comics Internet

Hello OP

I hate Spencer's Zemo

Time for Best Comic

people sure are mad about Cap

How about that anger over Captain America though

If sales truly are proportion to how much anger there is, then how much will it sell?
300,000 for #1, 60k for the rest of it? 200,000, 80k? A billion and a million?

Yeah, "He was just angry" turned out to be a big lie.

here we go

>We want you to change Steve Rogers to a gay man!
>Change Steve Rogers, you say?

I cant believed this is real.

>Marvel is set for another major publishing initiative, this time kicking off this fall following "Civil War II." As teased in the "Civil War II Daily Bugle Newspaper" released today, the publisher will return to the "Marvel NOW!" branding, first used in 2012 in the aftermath of "Avengers vs. X-Men," for its latest crop of new series and new status quos.

>Readers will get a first look at the line in the "Marvel NOW! Previews Magazine," available in stores on July 13. Much like last year's "Marvel Previews" supplement that revealed the post-"Secret Wars" "All-New, All-Different Marvel" lineup, it'll reveal new creative teams and new series for Marvel's lineup going forward after a major event (though "Civil War II" will be relatively early in its run by mid-July).

>"Marvel NOW! is about the future of the Marvel Universe," Marvel Editor-in-Chief Axel Alonso said in a press release. "We're excited to provide fans with a snapshot of things to come right before San Diego Comic-Con. Fans can look forward to hearing about brand new titles, returning favorites and even some shocking status quo shifts that are sure to keep fans guessing all the way through 'Civil War II.'"

>The "Marvel NOW! Previews Magazine" will be available on July 13. "Civil War II" #1, by Brian Michael Bendis and David Marquez, is on sale next Wednesday, June 1.

Scooby Apocalypse was great

no kidding

Rebirth blowing up half the internet, Hydra Steve blowing up the other half

I love it

dunno, we'll see how we roll

I can't stop laughing about this

what the fuck are they doing

I hope people get really angry at this too like they are Cap

they've been saying they're going to TV style seasons, i've been telling ya.

Hah, I actually didn't read the issue yet

All I read was Rebirth and Omega Men, fuck you Tom King ;___;

>we want to go back to the era of that Hawkeye book you all bought tons of trades of

Yeah I saw my friends who didn't care about comics talking about the Cap thing.

Even they can guess that it's a temporary thing and most likely a fakeout. Mainstream comics have done such a great job at killing suspense that even people who know next to nothing about it can see through it

>Oh shit, DC has been hyping up this Rebirth thing, we need something big to get the Internet to talk about!

I saw someone complain that Cap won't be HYDRA when the stories over and i'm like....

how have people not learned illusion of change

>all those asspained watchmanfags in the rebirth thread
Man, I like Watchman, but to hear them talk it's the Second Coming of Christ and Geoff Johns is Satan.

no I mean why are they calling it Marvel Now again? did they forget that they already used that name

are they putting things back to the same status quo?

why

>>AXEL ALONSO: For starters, we’re in the midst of a massive universe transforming event in Secret Wars. This is an event we’ve been building to for some time, and it’s clearing the canvas and putting new and familiar stuff on the canvas in its aftermath. And so it’s transformed the Marvel Universe we’re looking at, which is the perfect opportunity to start a new chapter. And that said, most importantly, I think that the comics industry—certainly, we are—slowly working into a season model that’s not too unlike what we see in our favorite cable TV shows: a seasonal model that offers accessible entry points for new readers and is respectful of long-term fans. We did Marvel NOW! and All-New Marvel NOW!, which were both two very successful campaigns. And this is the latest campaign. The goal is to invite a new audience while maintaining and honoring the fans who are already reading. So this fall, this All-New All-Different Marvel is going to unveil somewhere around 60 titles, all new #1s. And nothing says “jumping point” like the #1. And all of them, I think, all are going to offer diverse, exciting and accessible entry points into our world. And there’ll be a lot of different flavors.

Hello Storyteller.

My my, look who had a cameo in Rebirth.

Is it just me, or does Imra come off a little creepy here?

It's like an all you can eat buffet of saltiness, schadenfreude and pettiness from all corners

I'm in heaven

I'm taking special joy in people complaining that Kyle wasn't on the Rebirth splash

Zemo is Cobra Commander. Blue hood, purple sock, what's the difference.

Civil War 2 must've not gotten the hype they wanted

And they said they're moving to "seasons", like tv. So that means more annual relaunches. Marvel Now, All New, Avengers Now, ANAD, etc

But "Marvel Now"? Is that the best they could come up with?

OP is a funnybook reader

Was TBolts out today or is that next week?

I saw my least favorite argument in the world, which came up with respect to Lois Lane and the Truth storyline as well, that being "It's irresponsible to write this because the worst parts of fandom will use it"

It's kinda funny, really.

This is worse than there being two Flash Rebirths in like 5 years

certainly, we are—slowly working into a season model that’s not too unlike what we see in our favorite cable TV shows

Well the previous Marvel Now was white text on a red background and now it's red text on a white background. See, different.

the craziest shit is with Cap is the "you're disrespecting Kirby/Simon/Stan Lee(?)" arguments

IMRA
M
R
A

also WTF I've never felt like that for Johnny Thunder, does "I gave it away" mean Jakeem incoming?

I don't care about Watchmen so seeing people treat it like some sacred thing to not be tainted or associated with something bad it just great for me.

>And nothing says “jumping point” like the #1.
Nothing says "jumping off" like "final issue" and "relaunch".

That's Gary Frank drawing her, isn't it? That's probably why.

It's just Gary Frank, he always draws creepy smiles. Except for Ted, he was cute

That really kill ant man sales

>"It's irresponsible to write this because the worst parts of fandom will use it"

That's what makes it so great.

Embrace Superior Steve.

>also WTF I've never felt like that for Johnny Thunder, does "I gave it away" mean Jakeem incoming?
oh, could be! he says he lost it, I think

Gary Frank doesn't do good smiles

The smiles he draws on male characters look lipless half the time

>I've never felt like that for Johnny Thunder,
Not even in that arc with the Ultra-Humanite?

It also no longer works if they relaunch with the same team so I guess everyone only gets a year's worth of stories to tell now?

that Ted goofy grin was great

Was that Khalid!Fate?

Okay, that was something, too.

Didn't they also say something like "nobody believes his stories except for his great-grandson"?

>SHUMCK

decent stabbing noise

>Astonishing Ant-Man 6 20,375
>Astonishing Ant-Man 7 24,173

I know right
At least it being a new arc kinda raised sales a little

No one gives a shit about the hydra bullshit.

Maybe.

Khalid's PROPER costume is the very standard blue onesie.

Long-form is really now only possible on a book like USM, then, isn't it, something that's more than monthly and guaranteed sales

But seriously, Kalista's actions, I KNEW IT

I saw someone complaining that Kenan was an obvious Chulk ripoff

And I'm like damn, son, Marvel trademarked Asian people?

oh yes they do

Also ummm he's Mandarin Chinese and not Korean, that's really not the same thing, REALLY.

I guess DC isn't allowed to have asian people who aren't martial artists?

>also WTF I've never felt like that for Johnny Thunder, does "I gave it away" mean Jakeem incoming?
Poor Johnny. I hope it does eventually lead to him and Jakeem teaming up as mentor and student. Rebirth's purported attention to legacies seems to imply it. We've already seen Ted and Jaime.

Oh, yeah, the guy who drew most of Legion of Three Worlds, right? Though to be fair, Imra often gives a bit of a creepy vibe, but it's usually not that overt. Not complaining.

>Marvel trademarked Asian people?

Yes. It's the progressive thing to do.

user, have you been on Twitter? They're losing their god damned minds.

The funniest part of the Steve HYDRA blowup? Hands down, all the enraged people in Ed Brubaker's mentions.

Would anyone write something this brutal in a current comic?

And Cho is an American qt, not a foreign ambassador of qt. But noooooope.

Lo3W was Perez. Frank did the Johns Earth Man arc

poor Brubaker

>Ryan Choi
>Kenan Kong
they have TWO Asians without karate powers, there must be some kind of law against that

Or, I could see Johnny meeting Jakeem and as the universe corrects itself, he melds into the Thunderbolt like he did at the end of the Ultra-Humanite plot

They should be thankful that Kenan isn't another martial artist person.

>Katana
>Cass
>Lady Shiva

At least they have Ryan Choi too now

and this isn't even the worst though it's a hell of a first issue statement. no way the Jihad in NYC issues would happen today

But one is REALLY SMART. That's still stereotyping.

I didn't know he hasn't even read cape comics in five years. Wow, he really disengaged.

Good choice OP.
It's weird everyone talking about being a night owl when it's only 5:18 where I am. Freakin West Coast timezones make doing anything on Sup Forums with Americans a pain in the ass.

Poor Brubaker

He had to tweet like five or six times that he had nothing to do with it and hasn't worked at marvel for the past ~5 years

The Rebirth pages with young Wally were really affectionate, I dug that. Please write him well, Percy and Williamson. Let him be a character.

Ryan is a uni professor, that's almost as typical.

Counterpoint: Acknowledged in-universe to be hot, that negates all gains.

Dave is busy storytiming Phantom Stranger right now but he has an idea that Jakeem is going to be the great-grandson that they mention.

Speaking of Asian-Americans, why'd they make Ryan so young? GigantaxAtom is dead now. Lame.

My bad.

>GigantaxAtom is dead now.
It doesn't have to be

I really wanna know about the conversation when Johns told Rucka about Wonder Woman's brother

Right, Wally being happy with his legacy got me a little. Hopes for the new kid

He's in college. He can still get on that.

he's in college, he's fair game

it's not like he's a teenager and even if he was Giganta would probably /ss/ him

Did they change something? Ryan was a Chinese national before.

I felt so sorry for him, but it was one of the funniest awful things to come out of this because he kept having to say "I haven't read it! I don't write for Marvel! Don't blame me! I don't care! Buy Velvet instead!"

enter a running gag for him

I read Rebirth in one of the storytime threads over my planning period at my teaching job, starting tearing up halfway through it and then had my content supervisor walk in for a meeting.

God dammit comics.

Because Manhattan stole 10 years.

>Keene Act

WHAAAAAAT

The plot line is probably the only one that carried over from the FCBD issue

Jason was mentioned and people thought Johns was gonna push Firestorm again, but nope

No they mentioned he was from Hong Kong in Rebirth

He's from Hong Kong

crap, we'll read the SO later

>spoiler
That was pointless and stupid. Naturally, we just couldn't have a nice thing without something dumb being attached to it at the last fucking minute. Rebirth even made it worse.

I can't tell if he's legal. If not, Doris had better wait.

Man, almost none of those teasers from the FCBD issue amounted to anything

>no Aquaman
>no Shazamborg
>Hal didn't do shit

>that last panel set of faces

>>Hal didn't do shit
He helped Batman get off the chair, and brought his Lantern friends. Fucking Halfags, never happy with anything.

Headcanon: I like to think that the guy talking to Kyle at the end of OM is somehow a form of Eiling

> Digger
There's no better bastard

I found it hilarious Johns didn't even try and explain Jessica getting a ring speaking of Darkseid War

The GLs only showed up to be fucking useless and he only got Batman's ass off the chair by giving him a willpower boost so that Bats could help himself

then at the end Batman was like "well I guess you're not the useless waste of space I thought you were"

>Oi!

>Not even Hal or John could explain why Earth needed another fucking GL
real cute Geoff

He couldn't bring himself to kill any of his Lanternfus

Why are they so perfect?

He's legal. Do you think he's fucking Doogie Howser or something?