ITT: Simpsons jokes you still don't get

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Q27YiPRiewg
animorphsforum.com/ebooks/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

ib4 chucks bort and leave

>op was too stupid to read nancy drew or hardy boys when he was a kid

I did you mong, it still doesn't make me get the joke.

The only level of joke I can get is that you wouldn't expect a Nancy Drew to have swear words, but it seems like there was something else to it.

>reading that faggot shit
>not being hard as fuck and reading goosebumps

What swear words? I don't get it at all.

There's not much to it. The "joke" is that it would be odd for there to be swearing in a Nancy Drew book.

The deeper joke could be that it's a very rare Nancy Drew book that was pulled from circulation because of the adult content and only a billionaire collector would have a copy.

You can tell it is supposed to be a mystery story, and yet the title reveals a major spoiler of how the mystery is solved.

>reading genre fiction
I had already finished the Western Canon by the time I left high school at age 7.

This

at least have the decency to post the original

Why were the writers so obsessed with Chuck? Was it a production in joke?

Well, Nancy Drew isn't a serious mystery series so a title like "Clue in the Clock" isn't much of a spoiler and was pretty typical.

I always figured there was some history there that I didn't know, like maybe there was a Nancy Drew book that was considered controversial for a different reason that people of that generation would remember (like maybe something sexual) and the punchline is that excessive swearing had nothing to do with it.

This doesn't mean anything to me unless I know who the previous owner of the book was.

>le bort
>le sneeds
kys

References aren't jokes, you stupid asshole.

>Chuck's Feed & Seed
Classic Simpsons joke.

There is a real Nancy Drew called "The Secret of the Old Clock" but I didn't read anything about it being controversial.

pretensious much? no one cares

dummy

?

When Lisa takes the book from Mr Burn's library she says something like "he even has the controversial Clue in the Clock, so much swearing".
I think the joke is that a millionaire just happens to have some sort of rare Nancy Drew book which contains swearing.

Chick's Meme and Seed

what if, get this, not everything is a joke?

Bane's Pain & Gain
Formerly Bill's

>Reading Goosebumps like some fag instead of Animorphs

Even with the garbage ghost riding books its still better than Harry Potter

>he hadn't read The Odyssey by the time he finished with kindergarten
Plebian.

>pussybumps
>not pic related
Only the fearless read this

>Animorphs
Tobias used to give me tingles in my nono-spot when I was way too young for that shit

patrician town over here.

>That prequel book about the blue horse alien that gave the animorphs their powers
>He finds a human girl to be friends with and they end up going outside of space and time and can see everyone's timelines

I can't remember the details, but that book was fucking awesome. I read it like 4 times.

? ? ?

Holy shit, this book right here. It was like the most epic space opera I ever read when I was a kid.

Best Goosebump books?

>Cuckoo Clock of Doom
>Monster Blood 1 - 3
>Attack of the Mutant
>Welcome to Dead House
>Night of the Living Dummy

>they changed the artwork
Literally what made the stories so good

There were 3 books

There's like 3 or more of those. I remember having that cover as a kid. They probably had reprints with different art at points. I had 3 of the books.

No I mean all three they literally redid all the artwork in the newest variation or whatever. Same stories with weak lame art

You're right. I remember both. I probably lost my original at some point and got a newer one. I agree the original art is much, much scarier.

wtf I love scary stories to tell in the dark now

This was the scariest of all 3 books for me.

That's not from the book right? Please...it's not from the book, right?

masterpiece

All of the stories were based on folktales and warnings for children, they just went a little hamfisted with "What goes Drumpf in the night"

>they ruined the main appeal of their own book and the only reason I would ever repurchase it

Damn, I wonder if my mom still has my original ones.

I was given this book by my parents before taking off across country to visit my relatives. I spent the entire vacation reading it instead of talking to anyone. Shit blew my mind.

The original probably has the creepiest surrealist artwork I've seen. It's disturbing on a subconscious level

That's so kafka-esque!

Rhymes with "Glue in the Cock".

Like your cum is like glue.

i lost it.
well meme'd

Every single Chronicle was an amazing story. Hork Bajir was the best followed by Andalite. But they were all good.

Its worth a reread as an adult. The filler is more obvious as adult but a single novel can be read in about a day, with the chronicles taking slightly longer. The story is deep and even in the filler, theres usually a deeper theme being explored that adds to the later story. The books take no time to read as an adult so its all worth reading.

Then post wasn't a meant to be a joke you dumb cunt.

Tastes better

Just a joke about how barren the premises of Nancy Drew and Hardy Boys books were after some time.

Basically a "straight to the point" joke about how they just tell you whats going to happen on the cover.

Like if they called the new Spiderman movie "Another Spiderman Reboot, But Instead Hes Iron Man"

alien cenarion

WHAT DOES IT ALL MEAN?!

thanks for this

Now where could my Sneed be?

woah that image burned in my mind

holy shit

The next gen are gonna be even worse pussies if theyre reading this watered-down shit
They need to be seeing spiders crawling out of womens faces at age 6 minimum

The artwork in these books + reading these stories alone is how you truly feel horror. Digital media can't even compete, copy pastas don't have the same feeling and horror movies are usually laughing stocks. Why is this?

leave?

Slow build-up + your own imagination.

Chuck's Park and Pack

>Tfw you just got recommended animorphs in 2017

Clue clue clock

>they are all about smugglers

I read those things in an hour and a half as a kid. These are not books that should take you a whole day.

I don't get it.

>a single novel can be read in about a day
Each one is like 150 pages written at a middle school level

>he didnt know 15 languages by 1

lol

>Simpsons jokes you still don't get

youtube.com/watch?v=Q27YiPRiewg

I don't get it

>tfw my parents bought me Boxcar Children

of course they can be, i referenced you in this post and your a joke

im probably getting baited but sneeds feed and seed all rhymes?

so what what be the same sort of name where it all rhymes with chuck

fuck you made me remember this, as a kid I only read like 2 animorph books and didn't really like them, but oh god I loved this so much, thought the whole premise was so cool

Chuck's firetruck 'n sitting-duck.

Homer is applying for a new job, which he successfully gets. Bart had the cake thinking he could show it to him when he failed,, but he didn't. The camera cuts to the cake before Bart throws it away.

Spoiler: He never got the job

After finding out about one of his friends who got out of daily exercise by working at home with a disability, he tries to find out if he has one himself.

>Its worth a reread as an adult.
Yeah, fantastic literature recommendation. Really top-notch stuff. Very good. Move the fuck over, Moby Dick.

Why did this mene suddenly take off with original content after 1000 same threads?

chucks fuck and suck you plebs

>not growing up with the Struwwelpeter
>not reading about girls burning down or boys drowning because they were fooling around too much
>or getting your thumbs hacked off because you can't help sucking on them
>or dudes hitting and whipping a dog and then getting killed by it

It taught you to eat your fucking soup or you'll waste away and starve to death.

What is this shit, Harry Potter?

what's the don't order meme

>dudes hitting and whipping a dog and then getting killed by it
which one was that? i can't remember

Those were boring,animorphs and even Harry Potter were better

Is that Trump

Here's all the Animorphs books, fags
animorphsforum.com/ebooks/

That's literally the whole joke. Everyone knows a nancy drew book wouldn't have swearing, so they joke there's a rare one that happened to have swearing ala Shadow the Edgehog. Not every Simpsons joke has multiple layers.

Sneed's shouldn't be in the pic since it's an actual joke. The others are anti-jokes.