Possible Eastern Med Conflict

Alright Sup Forums, who wins?
(posted this on /k/ but all they care about is EDC faggotry and muh piccatiny)

Feel free to add combatant sides if you think it would be more realistic

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_equipment_of_the_Hellenic_Army
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_active_Hellenic_Navy_ships
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hellenic_Air_Force#Equipment

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Military_equipment_of_Israel#Ground_forces_equipment

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_military_equipment_of_Cyprus

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_aircraft_of_the_Egyptian_Air_Force
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Equipment_of_the_Egyptian_Army
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Egyptian_Air_Defense_Forces#Egyptian_Air_Defense_equipment
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_ships_of_the_Egyptian_Navy

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_equipment_of_the_Turkish_Land_Forces
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_active_aircraft_of_the_Turkish_Air_Force
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_active_ships_of_the_Turkish_Naval_Forces

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qatar_Armed_Forces

The way I see it: the HAF and TAF are almost equal in terms of training and modernity of equipment, but TAF has strength in numbers and quantity, IDF surpasses both in training and equipment but sucks in numbers, CNG is meaningless but the island itself serves as an airbase and Qatar has a ton of money and affiliated organisations (like Turkey) that they can use to wreck havoc + a half decent airforce. Finally Egypt is well equipped and manned but probably quite badly trained.

This is an interesting conflict because both sides have signed both energy and defense memoranda and are actually competing interest groups in the energy field of the Eastern Med. I've kept NATO, USA, Russia and the EU to make it more fun and avoid too much hypothesizing.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Albanian_Armed_Forces#Structure
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>posted this on /k/
I thought Brits were range banned on /k/

Forgot to add the Albanian Armed Forces emblem but to be honest the UCK would arguably do more damage than them in this scenario as Albania sucks at symmetrical warfare but are very experienced in guerilla tactics.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Albanian_Armed_Forces#Structure

Is Istanbul not included or did you just forgot to paint it?

Forgot to paint it.

It's basically:

Greece, Cyprus, Israel and Egypt vs Turkey, Qatar and their satellites.

Not sure what Saudi would do as they've got links to both Israel and Qatar.

Add Transnistria as independent faction

Why the fuck would egypt fight on greece & israel's side, lmao. Anyway, it would probably be a stalemate, turks would be on the offensive presumably, greeks and jews would repel, and that's that. Neither force can break into the enemy's borders. Albania would probably fall and greece would occupy northern epirus, that's it.

We all support Greece

>Transnistria
>independent faction
it's under russian control

Ah, I see.
Pretty much this. Northern Greece has a mountainous terrain, and their border with Turkey is a river on top of that.
I dunno if Qatar can make any real difference. Turkey can probably occupy some islands and maybe take Cyprus, if Egypt and Israel won't fortify it quickly enough, but then there's a stalemate on Albanian and Istanbul fronts with Cyprus being slowly taken back from Turkey, and then from Cyprus blue can start bombing/naval raiding any targets they want inside Turkey.

>why the fuck would egypt fight on greece & israel's side
Because they've signed numerous defence and energy pacts with Greece & Cyprus who have the same deal going with Israel. They're forming the alternative to Qatari and Russian gas.

True, on the symmetrical war it would probably end up in a stalemate. But Turkey and Qatar have the best access to a whole number of extremist groups they could use to wreak havoc in all countries involved in this.

I just don't see egypt siding with israel, ever. At the end of the day, historical hatred between the two dictates that they be enemies if war breaks out. Their relations sure as hell haven't warmed up to the point of being allies in a war, especially a recent one.

>But Turkey and Qatar have the best access to a whole number of extremist groups they could use to wreak havoc in all countries involved in this.
I don't know about Israel, but I'm greek myself and if you mean islamic extremist groups, it'd never happen in Greece. Most of the "greek" muslims are concentrated in the Evros region and they aren't that radicalized. The rest of the recent muslim arrivals that might be prone to radicalization are in concentration camps. It's not a coincidence that there's never been a muslim terrorist attack in greece despite all the arrivals. And I also don't see how they would affect Israel that much either, they've had many attacks in the past and they're still fine. Not to mention that Turkey doesn't have as much influence in inspiring terrorist attacks as salafists in arabia and Qatar. They're generally seen as secular even by the extremists, although that is changing with Erdogan.

I'd agree on Qatar, not so sure about Turkey (but if we won't consider this a "clear" simulation and apply modern refugee crisis then yes, you are right). But I don't think that extremist group can do the work that special forces are supposed to do, plus islamists won't have the support of the locals.

Whichever side Israel is on desu

>It's not a coincidence that there's never been a muslim terrorist attack in greece despite all the arrivals.
I really don't think that's for the reason you say it is. Greek security forces are so overwhelmed by the number of people arriving in the country that I doubt they'd catch small groups of extremists pushed in by Turkey. There's also all the pockets of UCK Albanians all over the country but mainly in the north.

Turkey and Erdogan in particular have been precisely equal to Qatar in their support of ISIS, so of course they're a much bigger influence than you seem to think.

Muhjihadeen in Albania? What do you think?

>I don't think that extremist group can do the work that special forces are supposed to do,
Yeah that's what I was inferring. Isn't that what happens in Chechnya for example?

> plus islamists won't have the support of the locals.
That's true for Israel and most parts of Greece except the North-West border but Egypt definitely still has a lot of popular support for the MB even if it's suppressed atm. Only the other day, some Turkish agents were arrested in the country.

>I just don't see egypt siding with israel, ever. At the end of the day, historical hatred between the two dictates that they be enemies if war breaks out. Their relations sure as hell haven't warmed up to the point of being allies in a war, especially a recent one.
I don't think you've been reading the news very carefully then. They even partake in the same military drills as of a couple of years ago.

Albanian extremists have been found to be fighting in every major conflict from the Balkan Wars onwards, including Afghanistan, Chechnya and Syria.

>Isn't that what happens in Chechnya for example?
Pardon me, I don't fully understand the question, what do you mean exactly?

Turkey wouldn't be pushing extremist groups, they'd just be pushing soldiers onto greece. Help from the greek side towards refugees would plummet in case of war, so no point in even considering that. Also like I said before, refugees are kept in camps, they're not exactly monitored efficiently and they don't need to be because they aren't integrated in city life as in the rest of europe. If they did anything against local people they would get lynched by the locals, like what happened with that rape and murder of a greek teenage girl by an illegal immigrant a few years ago, and that was during peacetime. Refugees are only a problem now because they need care, but that wouldn't even be an issue during a war.

Albanians in greece being dangerous is mostly a meme desu, even if there were a few dangerous ones they'd get stamped out immediately. For all the outrage some albanian nationalists have caused in greece, I've noticed it's all for nothing in the long run. The actual working albanians want nothing to do with them and would never support them. Also you have to understand that rural communities in greece are not like in western europe. There are still old people there that fought in WW2 and worse. People would literally take up arms and enforce order and resist invaders, especially from albanians living there, but like I said, albanians being a threat is a meme. Plus there are greek units stationed in the border with albania already. Literally the only two fronts for the greek army is turkey and albania, so they wouldn't do jack.