S H A D E

Milligan
Bachalo
Pennington

Too much of this board is talking about recent events not worth the amount of talk they are getting.

Come read this amazing comic instead.

How is it going?

I hope they release the whole thing in trades someday.

>Too much of this board is talking about recent events not worth the amount of talk they are getting.

muh old comics are better!!! buthurt fanboys are the worse

I own all the singles so I am neutral in that.

There are really great new comics.

The ones being discussed on Sup Forums today are not those.

Shade is absolutely better than anything being published right now.

Not true.

If you shrink that to Marvel / DC I then agree with you.

thoughts on the upcoming Shade the Changing Girl?

This is good shit, but it's gonna take you forever to post the whole thing. Use imagemagick's montage too to glue the pages together in 2x1 spreads thusly:
> montage -limit memory 512mb comic\*.jpg -tile 2x1 -geometry +0+0 -quality 70 -interlace Plane comic2x1\comic%02d.jpg

Young Animal (DC imprint, When I was!) is coming out with Shade: The Changing Girl.

I don't really have one

I am not planning to do all of it right now.

>There are really great new comics.

Yeah I finally gave Revenger a chance since it had the same publisher as Copra and Fiffe spoke so highly of it. I really enjoyed it

What's better than Shade? Could be something I'm not aware of that I need to read.

For example the first major story line of this book is done by about issue 20.

Tomboy springs to mind. I don't follow many recent paper comics, though.

It is very rare that you find an artist who has one really great style who then changes it completely and it is still amazing.

I don't doubt is a good comic, I like the character a lot but I don't see a reason to be a contrarian fanboy just because people like what's going on right now.

The first three series that come to mind are

Lose
Vagabond
and
Ganges

There are a bunch more things too that I like better that are modern.

So you haven't even read the comic you're arguing against?

Christ would you just fuck off forever

Seriously question, do you believe every word in that statement?

>Tomboy
>better than Shade.

lol, no.

should i go read floppies of mine while posting or just read in the thread.

spoiler not digging through longboxes

They don't. Shen something alludes even weakly to something off-topic they want to rant about, so they post it over and over again to do so. The ones being talked about most do so deliberately for the free advertising. Utter garbage.

I'm not saying that this book is bad, what I'm saying is that you don't have to start with ''since people are talking about comics not worth talking about'' like a nostalgia faggot

Somebody lacks reading comprehension

I mean more your weird generalizations about what I like based on a single statement?

Seems rather angry for no reason.

No, but if that's what he means and he's not wrong, there's no reason not to.

Does anyone actually like Central Vertigo more than Proto-Vertigo?

Good work OP. This is one of my all time faves. The JFK Sphinx blew my mind and I never stopped reading it since. Well, the first 40 or so issues that I managed to dig up in the 50 cent bins.

To be fair, you DID kind of start it by sounding passive aggressive. You should know by now good vibes in a thread start with the OP and ripple outwards.

You are such an elitist faggot. No wonder no one puts up with you in real life.

A+

Simple joke about a flood of threads about two issues that dropped today = passive aggressive?

>passive aggressive
You have no argument.
>good vibes
Eat a dick.

Proto Vertigo is way better, definitely

I think it is actually closer than I thought, mainly because I am not really a Sandman or Animal Man fan greatly.

When do people DC will start an Unlimited subscription model like Comixology and Marvel? Cause there's so much of a Vertigo backlog I want to go through but don't feel like pirating/buying/checking out of the library

It is a very strange mystery as to why they have not started an unlimited like service.

If I had to make a guess I would say that it is because DC has generally had a better history selling trades and things in book stores.

Speaking of Unlimited almost given it a try a couple of times for one of the people involved in this comic.

No the DC titles that got turned into Vertigo ones are the best.

I really would like to read something new from Marvel or DC, those companies have put out a lot of comics that I really enjoy. I'm finding new ones all the time, things that never really got reprinted or talked about after they ended. It's just that the creative talent at both companies right now is disappointing. I hate the terms elitist or contrarian, I just have standards

Amen.

I agree on Sandman, but Swamp Thing and Doom Patrol and Shade put proto over the edge for me.

Some of the Sandman arcs are hard to get through.

Why is Americana more fun through the eyes of the non-American?