/Christ/ - Christian General

Can we get a good ole Christian thread up in here?
Here we come together to discuss current events in the religious world and how they effect politics, our branches of faith, and casually talk about things regarding our religion.
Atheists are more than welcome to partake in the thread, I just ask that you try to be constructive.
These threads are meant to be rarely posted to preserve their unique and engaging discussions.

>t. heretic

Other urls found in this thread:

nordicantisemite.com/
biblegateway.com/passage/?search=matthew 1&version=NKJV
biblehub.com/interlinear/matthew/1-1.htm
biblehub.com/matthew/6-7.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

How do you guys feel about dinosaurs and carbon dating?

Bump

Plus let's discuss SSPX
Trad catholics in communion with the holy see
Liberal catholic
Generic conservative pro Vatican 2 catholics

I think French catholic nationalism is also up for debate

Marion Le pen herself attends a SSPX chapel

*Sigh*, youre a lost cause. At least read this: nordicantisemite.com/

Watching the suffering of jesus in such a horrific way is just not christian, christians should stay away from all gore stuff

>. 3I will set no wicked thing before mine eyes: I hate the work of them that turn aside; it shall not cleave to me. 4A froward heart shall depart from me: I will not know a wicked person.

The formula is simple. Believe in Jesus Christ. Accept Jesus Christ as your personal savior. Done. If you want to get technical at some point you would have to admit your guilty of sin and admit that you need Jesus to be your savior but thats still just a belief thing. No physical action is required on your part.

We are justified by grace through faith. (calm down catholics)

Can someone link me to the original copy of the bible i'd like a read.

The one written by the john and peter and all those dudes?

I went from hardline atheist and antitheist, to mellow atheist who's okay with Christians, to loose atheist who appreciates Christian values, to agnostic teetering on becoming Christian again.

I do thnk he went a little overboard with the from the flogging ( i just think the amount wasnt believable) but other than that it was very good.

What do you guys feel about project blue beam?

>carbon dating?

I dont belief in it , carbon dating would be to powerfull and removes faith, Hey lets date this shroud of turnin .

tehehehhehe sure i have my own doubts about its accuracy

but its based on pretty solid science

Ok lads serious question if hold the spear of destiny do i control the world?

>no no no. God dosnt care about what you want.

Thats begging the question by your own admission you wont accept a God unless they meet that rather personal criteria.

>No its not worht going back over. Like i'm saying with the other guy. the religion hasnt changed. I havnt much either. But my changing dosnt matter.

Are you honestly saying that as of right now you are as intelligent and mature as you were when you were 14?

>Your romans in space thing is whwre YOU missed the point. Stantards of living are much higher today than they awere then. and Yes in 2000 years (pending Islam get under control) they will be a better society then we are based on virtue of standard of living and thats my metric for measurement.

So by your logic as technology increases in line with atheism and secularism Christianity will be rendered false? As it would be if the Japanese of Chinese produce better societies with even greater technology in the future?

>Why would I want to go over what I already studied? Do you restudy addition because you learned it in first grade? Just because I learned what it is and was when I was young does not mean I do not understand it.

No its more like saying that you dont need to study any mathamatics beyond addition because you "completed" Math in primary school which is rather ridiculous.

For instance what books on Athiesm and Buddhism did you read?

>I hate it when people do the point by point argument shit. Its a form of dissonance. Your trying to fit my argument into a box.

It makes it far clearer as address each point you make rather than a general vibe. This prevents misunderstanding.

>Its a form of dissonance

You arent using that word correctly here.

biblegateway.com/passage/?search=matthew 1&version=NKJV

Matthew Mark Luke and John are the gospels. After that are letters written by Paul the apostle. Revelation is by John the Revelator.

You mean the new testament?

I'm not sure if you're kidding or not. Literally all you have to do is google "New Testament" or "Bible". Its translated into every damn language.

If you're good with English, Bible Gate is the best site I known of. Tons of versions.

desu i got all my christfag anger out in my teenage years

sometimes like today i just feel like having a dig at christians

but i still know they are holding us back like all these religious fags are

oh well

Yeah but wheres the original copies?

Show me your local churches brothers.

1/?

>100000 posts by this ID

What are you going to replace religion with if you remove it from society? You get what we have in America now: Far leftism and literal communists.

Christian majority societies are objectively the best.

I'm actually using *pure* reasoning, which is what you empiricists struggle with.

>Ok lads serious question if hold the spear of destiny do i control the world?

Lol no why would the spear have magic powers this is indiana jones style

>Athiesm and Buddhism did you read?
I will not study athiesm because it is simply lack of belief in a God. There isnt anything to study there. Abd for Buddhusm I had a mentor who was a vipassana buddhist. We also did Lakota Sweat lodges (which are pretty cool). If your looking to get into buddhism Zen mind Beginners mind was a good one to start you off.

I like the concept of Zen. But I am more than an observer in this world.

You haven't had a dig though, you've utterly been neglecting or misinterpreting the scriptures i've been telling you.

2/?

biblehub.com/interlinear/matthew/1-1.htm
Non google using nigger

Do you read greek?

You're not using reasoning, you're just claiming your statements are fact with no evidence.

Too many wretched Muslim beggars around there (ಥ_ಥ)

Where do I do that?
Also PIC RELATED BAHAHAHA

Nice

are you this guy?
Anonymous (ID: t4OUtAGi) 07/28/16(Thu)03:24:14 No.83168443▶

Define nowhere.

Can someone explain to me why so many Christians these days are complete...I don't want to use that word but you know what it is.

What possible reason is there behind helping people who are opposed to your beliefs and you way of life? What's the point in having a faith if you're going to do everything you can to help people who would destroy it?

3/?

>What are you going to replace religion with if you remove it from society?

Nothing we don't need it. Was a nice world view for us back in the day now we have moved on.

Helped us in some ways but its more of a hindrance than help now.

As for the left and commies

Send them to africa?

That is a vicious cycle you have there.

I have come to respect your points. I may not agree. But i'm sure I will see in New Jerusalem.

I've not seen you backup a single statement, you're making unprovable hypothesis and rambling. I don't even believe you have an argument anymore.

Here's the crown of my county, St Davids Cathedral, beautiful things, and the organ is insane

Yes.

Because they're being persecuted by the state.

>Nothing we don't need it

Tell that to the insane leftists.

very high density and high temperature state,

I've just been stirring hahahahhahahaa like a teen lad.

Because you guys are so serious and really do believe in this shit in 2015 + 1.

It takes me a back that people with access to the internet would actually believe in this stuff.

Many hear the word. Few Listen.

4/?

Anyone wanna talk about this?

Brothers, we need you for our movement.

Your flag is literally a cross. Get cucked nord

>I've not seen you backup a single statement
I've been making deductively true claims.
You don't know you're not in the Matrix.
In the same way you don't know that God doesn't exist.
You literally have no criticism of people who decide to believe in God that is anything other than subjective feels.
There's an argument ;)

No i wanna see like scans of the original.

That's definitely somewhere, but it was somewhere in 4 dimensions, not a specific point in 3 dimensions.

It had a length, width, height and time.

CURRENT YEAR

Why would i tell that to the insane leftists?

The nearest "big" church. /Comfy/ af interior.

But is there any proof other than high probability speculation?

Were done, you haven't answered a single question and i have no idea what you're talking about anymore. I'm sorry.

You don't care to hear logic and reason and just repeat yourself.

Not the oher guy, but what about morality? I know the two are not mutually exclusive, but it becomes a great deal simpler to enforce moral standards when people believe in them as being bigger or more important than themselves.

I also think humanity shouldn't neglect its spiritual side. I'm an atheist, so I turn to philosophy for my dose, but most people aren't willing to think that hard about it, until they're rotten inside. Its hard enough having lower standards like me. What about no standards for spirituality?

#
>Thats what i'm afraid of. I'm very much a creature of habit. I dont want to relegate God to habit and motions status.
That's why you use the ceremony as a means of framing the worship, not the main point. It's a balance.

It's why for example I'd never recommend someone to pray the lord's prayer as a matter of repetition.

biblehub.com/matthew/6-7.htm

That's heresy according to Christ.

No. Have a simple pattern, but fill it in with what currently matters.

Well, do you believe Pluto existed before we saw it through a telescope?

because we lack knowledge. most christians don't accept scientific proofs and just simply put everything on God. I, myself, is a full devoted christian. And I understand why everyone is hating our religion and also why is my religion hating them. I also accepted and tried to talk about some atheistic claims of contradictions in the bible and all I get are just looks of disgust. And now that I have answered those questions without losing my faith, I just see them as the poor sheep

I don't know how people as inarticulate and illogical as you manage to breathe, desu senpai.

google that shit nigga. Septuagint? i think that swhat its called. Its the most important book in hostory that more wars and nations have been shaped over than anything else. That shit is freely available to someone/anyone who is fucking interested and has a 56k+ modem connection. Do some fucking legwork yourself. Mo fucker I aint Google. The top of your screen is.

So?

Imagine your a royal. Welp this church says i have right by god to rule the land.

Everyone needs to believe in the church.

Instead of well hopefully odin favours me in this battle and i win.

Because they're lost without the social institution of religion. Just because YOU can live fine without religion doesn't mean a 100k others can too.

Guys I think I might be The Christ, reborn.

How can I tell for sure?

I don't want to get into morality.

Some christina pedo will start yabbering if we go down that path.

He does that loop thing and its good. I still havnt figured out how to beat it.

Is your name Charles Manson?

Just take some psychadelics realise that other shit exists outside of our normal field of perception.

Thats enough spirituality for me.

And if you need to think god wants you to be true and just to be true and just your a cuck.

Fuck cucks.

Its not just Christians in here you know.

I happen to think a bit of civil discourse is both healthy and enjoyable.

Worst thing that happens is you learn something. At the least its enjoyable relaxed debate.

Terrifying, I know.

Yea, insult me. You're well known for anger outbursts and trolling. So, i probably should have known before i fell for it in the first place.

>Have a simple pattern, but fill it in with what currently matters.
Thats what i've got. Good. It seems right but I would like more ... i dunno... fanciness? I'm not catholic but I dont think God would mind If i lit a candle during prayer...

Can you see the imprinting my mother left on me?

Since you're unsure, you're obviously not.

>most christians don't accept scientific proofs
Thats bullshit. I dont know one christian who is "anti science".

The least scientific here is that norweigan dude whos just here to chat..

Beating someone at an argument that is obviously wrong is a losing battle user. You can easily parrot his tactic in any subject in life and win arguments, but it's living in extreme denial.

Yes but we can actually physically see it. Your argument is no better than these Christian Apologists.

My name is Tim.

Oh. Too bad.

None of that really answered my question.

>Yea, insult me
Yes, I will. Nothing is clearer than
>You don't know you're not in the Matrix.
>In the same way you don't know that God doesn't exist.
>You literally have no criticism of people who decide to believe in God that is anything other than subjective feels.

You have something to address, but instead you sperg out (probably because it's true).
Fare thee well, Austimus-Maximus.

went to the wiki page its not the originals

i'm just stiring with you

how can you believe in something that has been translated by literally hundreds of dudes into hundreds of languages and chopped and changed mistranslated to suit whoever the local leader is

theirs no authenticity in it.

this is sort of where i think traditionalists are right

if we went back to living in tribes logic would become more evident to these people

but thats just me

Come now, no need for that.

Besides, I meant morality and spirituality in the absence of some kind of religion. Secularist brand. Where are we left in these regards if we remove what has defined us in these areas for our entire history?

And if you're so against morality, why not just spirituality then?

Have you ridden into Jersalem on a donkey?
Born in a barn?
Born to a virgin? (We know that shit aint true)
Born like oh 2000 ish years ago?

>Yes but we can actually physically see it.

Yes after we saw it, we made predictions about its existence using Physics alone. Actually witnessing something is less than 10% of proving it exists.

In fact, most hypothesis in science are about things we cannot actually see but know exist.

Take Chemistry for example.

I'm not terrified if you read the previous thread i just asked questions and got some decent answers even if i did it in a sort of teen with a chip on his shoulder way

>You don't care to hear logic and reason and just repeat yourself.
You're trying to set the frame of the argument as 'Christianity vs. Science', and the tripfag isn't letting you get away with it, as they well shouldn't.

There's nothing incompatible between being a Christian and understanding scientific principles, such as understanding the role of empiricism in furthering one's understanding of reality.

>you're obviously wrong
That's not an argument user, you're simply asserting your conclusion as fact.

But if its wrong it can be proven correct. You just have to figure out how. And honestly in the long run it way not even matter all that much

1000 year old Byzantine church here, beautiful place.

Yeah. The issue with religion-free societies is that many people just can't handle a religion-free society.
>Thats what i've got. Good. It seems right but I would like more ... i dunno... fanciness? I'm not catholic but I dont think God would mind If i lit a candle during prayer...

I actively RECOMMEND having simple ceremonial gear.

In here I recommended a rite boiled down from my 20 odd years of being in study groups.

TL;DR:
1) Light candles
2) Put on special tablecloth
3) Use a fixed pattern you always follow
4) Use the floor to pray

>The least scientific here is that norweigan dude whos just here to chat..

rude

Well good then.

I suppose really I'm the one at fault here. Not paying attention to poster id's.

My mistake friend.

because a cursory google search will show you the original copies. But if you cant read greek then they arent a whole lot of good to you. Matthew Mark Luke and Paul wrote in greek.

My skin is white. I'm not doing your work for you.

>You're trying to set the frame of the argument as 'Christianity vs. Science'

This never happened, in fact i actively don't want to debate with someone that doesn't believe in modern science. The amount of denial required to make that claim while you type on a modern computer is too much to bother with.

>That's not an argument user, you're simply asserting your conclusion as fact.

Do you even know what I'm saying he is wrong about?

There will be nations in the New Earth.

Lions have their prides
Birds have their flocks
Man has his tribes

Wow.

There is need for it because in the thread yesterday some fucking pedo started going on about how without christian morals people would be pedo's

and he went into graphic fucking detail.

anyways see

Did these astronomers not use telescopes to help them though?
You agree not all theories are true, right?

>4) Use the floor to pray
When I was saved I fell to my face to pray like a beggar. I've always believed that posture makes a difference after that.

I don't get what you mean?

if you look into those really BASED on the bible christians like the adventists, they don't even believe in evolution of animals through adaptation. im sorry for saying most but some. those who base the whole history on the bible.
oh didnt read completely. but we have a rule to love your enemies, if we continue this then maybe they will start to learn, but if not, we must still forgive them. The Lord did not make us to hate each other. Even if they persecute us, it's just a blessing that we have our God to ease us in the afterlife