Honest question for Germans, do you think Auferstanden aus Ruinen is a better anthem for modern day Germany...

Honest question for Germans, do you think Auferstanden aus Ruinen is a better anthem for modern day Germany? Deutschlandlied sounds weak without the whole "Deutschland uber alles"

youtube.com/watch?v=5rgXi4VU9-E
youtube.com/watch?v=UToIGSR7XDc

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3UWTRnzKXG8
youtube.com/watch?v=gVzAyFrgBrg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I unironically love the DDR's anthem, but I think most Germans have an uncomfortable association with it. My stepfather is from Romania and he hates anything resembling your typical Warsaw Pact anthem, full of bravado and trite optimism. He doesn't even hate communism and remembers things back then fondly, but there was something creepy/fake about all the Soviet-funded cheeriness/social engineering meant to make people more patriotic towards countries that had been brutally conquered/absorbed after WWII. It all seemed fake, and even a beautiful anthem like the DDR's just doesn't resonate when you had this whole identity foisted on you. I can't even imagine the horror women who got raped in East Prussia must have felt listening to the song of their "liberators" all the time for stupid parades and events, especially with still living memory of Germany before everything was blasted to shit.

Who cares Germany died after ww2

youtube.com/watch?v=3UWTRnzKXG8

Best anthem coming through

Is Germany just a meme?

Germany died after the Napoleonic Wars

It's identity was the Holy Roman Empire. After that collapsed they've been looking for various sources of identity, they even resorted to clinging to a military dictatorship of German-speaking Slavs. The final nail in the coffin was "Austrian nationalism".

The other day I heard a German describe the Scandinavians of northern Germany as "ethnic German" and that Austrians and south Germans don't look "ethnic German".

Like what the fuck. Southern Germany and Austria is THE heartland of Germanism, not some Germanised Slavic and Nordic provinces that contributed nothing to German culture.

We are no longer a free state. We are subjects to our american overlords. Germany literally died after ww2, what remains is a hollow shell of a great nation. German nationality is a joke and so is German nationalism.

I agree with that.

I finish my education in STEM and btfo here as soon as possible.

where are you going? pls come to america, there are too much Chinese and Indians in stem here and tho i respect their hard efforts i can't understand them

I always wondered why the light cruiser Konigsberg was named after a Polish city

"German" is more of a lingustic family other than anything else. The UK has a Monarch, the French have their ideas of liberte egalite fraternite but what do Gerrmans have to identify with their """culture"""? Absolutely nothing after ww2

>being so weak to think that leaving Germany instead of changing it is the solution

>changing

You can't change something that is dead.

>american education

Then let something new arise.
Like a phoenix from the ashes.

No. The last time this Nation rose from the ashes 80 million people died. Let it stay dead.

Unfortunately it's a rip-off of this song.
youtube.com/watch?v=gVzAyFrgBrg

Oh then fuck off to another country ASAP.

I don't know yet. There are two favourites of mine and they would be pretty much NZ and Canada desu. I see the US as some good location for some temporary residence but nothing forever. The indians and chinese are blandly cheating the education system and scam their way up. I'm not too keen about them.

It's such a shame that both our countries take such forms of immigration.

Life is rather short. Best thing would be to utilize all the possibilities to make yourself happy and not fight a war you can't hardly win.

German language and culture? Hence why Austria should be part of Germany.

>German culture

No such thing. There is Bavarian, Saxon and westphalian culture. The only thing that is German is the language, and even that is taken to the extreme because a heavy bavarian accent is not understandable for someone from the Rhineland

Who says that you have to fight a war to let something be born?
He is one of those delusional, hedonistic defeatism fags who spends too much time on campus.