So it's been 3 years

So it's been 3 years.

Has anything Eddie done really mattered?

Other urls found in this thread:

imdb.com/title/tt3774114/
fcw.com/articles/2016/04/25/lyngaas-clapper-encryption.aspx
zdnet.com/article/nsa-whistleblower-overwhelmed-with-data-ineffective/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

this is the guy who took a huge proverbial shit on America

He lifted the veil off of most people's eyes.

Not really. All he did was prove big brother is spying on you. Not like everyone didn't already know that.

And what's changed because of the confirmation? Absolutely nothing.

He did have sex with his stripper girlfriend. That's got to count for something.

The shit was already there, he just lifted the toilet cover for all to see

>Rude

mm....

he expected a different outcome

it did change tech security in many ways that the public hasn't noticed

about what, i still have no idea what he leaked

>know more about "fuck off pable" then thiss

He moved a lot of stuff from conspiracy to fact.

imho, i think the only people who really really benefited from this are our enemies

They either got ideas on how to spy on populations or figured out how to block our methods of spying on them.

All in all, Eddie boy inadvertently fucked out national security up, or you could say the NSA/legislators shot themselves in the foot by being too broad.

imdb.com/title/tt3774114/

The Nsa monitoring literallyeverything you do. People had a feeling but you would still look like a conspiracy nut if you mentioned it. He basically confirmed it for everyone it was happening

>NSA
>effective intelligence

>Not like everyone didn't already know that.
Wrong, you fucking retard. If you said this before Snowden, everyone would just call you a tinfoil. He changed that.

He revealed the rest of the world that the United States cannot be trusted and is conducting massive world wide espionage against our politicians. The leaks have also encouraged a lot more people to take action through whistle blowing and hacking towards the United States along with way more visibility to Wikileaks and stuff like the Panama papers.

The wold is now waging a huge war against government corruption.
Luxleaks, Panama papers, Hillary Emails, TTIP, Turkey AKP Emails and the ongoing DNC Leak.

>Clapper: Snowden accelerated commercial crypto by 7 years
fcw.com/articles/2016/04/25/lyngaas-clapper-encryption.aspx

People have started to demand for more personal privacy along with government transparency than ever before.

>Nsa monitoring literallyeverything you do

I guess they have tons of raw data but that doesn't mean they know everything about you unless they actually look at your "case"

yea thats the problem

zdnet.com/article/nsa-whistleblower-overwhelmed-with-data-ineffective/

RIGHT WING DEATH SQUADS WHEN

Confirmed the existence of backdoors since a lot of people are skeptics.

>zdnet.com/article/nsa-whistleblower-overwhelmed-with-data-ineffective/

intedesting, thx

Just some personal stuff for me personally. Now I know to only use 4096-bit keys for pgp. After the leaks came out, I felt okay to use TOR. But now I'm skeptical and use multiple proxy methods.

i also found out that one of my old computers had a vulnerable BIOS and patched it.

He made all the US allies hate them :)

what OS do you use?

I'm gonna guess Arch or gentoo.

They will look you up if you ever become someone important that they want to blackmail. That's the whole point.

>imho, i think the only people who really really benefited from this are our enemies
Basically the rest of the world, except for maybe Israel.

But can't really blame US Citizens for this as the world is largely manipulated by Multinational elite for their benefit.

Even if everyone suspected the governments of the Five Eyes nations were spying on everyone, you couldn't say it in civilised channels without being accused of paranoid conspiracy theories.

Now we know.

I'm sure the technology industry has changed a hell of a lot of things now that they all know the full extent of government spying as well, but that's outside my sphere of knowledge.

All I can say is that it is immeasurably invaluable to know that it was true.

Fun fact: Met some American who work in media/journalism and as a German, I asked them about Snowden.

They literally had no idea who he was. Told them the documentary about Snowden. They hadn't heard of that either.

Made me lose all respect desu.

So which one of you is writing these ?

they can't connect my personal data to years of shitposting and anything else

with different devices, different logins

snowden threw away his life FOR NOTING

>Instead they could see a Black Muslim hero they can believe in irrespective of the color of his skin
>Irrespective of the color of his skin

So the color of a "hero"'s skin shouldn't matter, except when he's white. Maybe blacks/Muslims/women should just work on creating more of their own " heroes " instead of gender/race-swapping existing ones? Perhaps the problem is Sven and his ilk realize just how difficult it is to find truly heroic people in those classes.

>Overwhelmed with data
lol, they might lack the means by which to sort and profile all that data accurately now, sure. Once they have better means they'll be able to blackmail anyone in the first world countries better than anybody else on the planet.

He actually showed that Germany is a US drone and spy. Which is something smart people guessed but now there id proofs. This will be important In the future. We need to get away from Germany and its betrayal of all of us.

No. And most of the information he had was passed to him. He was the idiot child others decided would take the fall. For the most part, he's a less than average IT guy.

Thought this was legit, but after seeing it has to be a troll. At least I hope to God it is. Its so hard to tell these days.

Tired of seeing this dude. I want him to rot in prison.

Not really.

Somebody leaked everything Snowden leaked a few years before him, only difference was the media didn't pick up the story and the guy tried to use official whistle-blower channels first so he didn't go to jail.

Anyone who isn't an idiot understood Patriot Act=PRISM back in 2001.

This issue isn't new, the average just doesn't give a fuck or feels so powerless to stop that it's not worth worrying about.

Who? That guy who talked about bell phone splitters?

They could though if they wanted. If you run for mayor or become a threat in any way or w.e they can blackmail you with "remember how you cheated on your wife with the black tranny you hooked up with on Craigslist?"

NSA doesn't do stuff like that.

If they accused you of that I would just be like according to whom? s-sources

they do. its called sexint and loveint.

These two. Other than that he did nothing. He should have stayed in America at least he could have been Martyred and actually started a real movement.

From a technology perspective, Snowden did a lot, at least speaking as someone within the industry.

It showed that the NSA intentionally weakened crypto; this lead to selection of stronger and different algorithms.

It showed that the NSA was determined to compromise hardware while it was in transit, which lead to companies getting dead drops.

It showed that the NSA often compromised services at their endpoints, where SSL (encryption) was terminated and then communications within company networks was often not encrypted at all. This lead to strong encryption being employed throughout the server farm.

It lead certain companies to offer EU data centers that only EU employees could access (the company I work for included, there are customer systems that I cannot connect to as a US employee).

It lead to much stronger use of end-to-end zero knowledge encryption and Apple making it's iOS operating system for iPhone/iPad so it self encrypts with strong encryption and Apple cannot recover the device data on iOS 8 and up.

Just a few points, but overall Snowden's revelation of weaknesses and how the government surveillance worked had many important impacts.

I thought NSA just gathers intelligence not do anything with it except give it to other agencies.

Thanks for the insight user.

I'm pretty sure snowden was a gentooman, aka a Sup Forums Sup Forums user.

It's a hunch, but I'm pretty sure

NSA knows

But do we know if he was?

he was mod on some anime board i think

Sauce?

I would wager that without the NSA leaks, the growing hatred in the west of 'career politicians' and 'the establishment' wouldn't be at the same level. The leaks made a significant number of people think of western leaders as 1984 types.