Why the fuck did it flop? it's no worse than the average capeshit and has well shot action sequences...

why the fuck did it flop? it's no worse than the average capeshit and has well shot action sequences, as well as a goat soundtrack.

youtube.com/watch?v=OLVtqVxZgYI&ab_channel=WaterTowerMusic

Too much other sword and sorcery stuff to compete with is my guess. I'm a D&D nerd from back in the day and I had no urge to see it, especially after seeing it got bad reviews. Also love the old Boorman pic and doubt this will come close to it.

>another King Arthur movie
>the twist is that Arthur is now a dudebro

Fantasy oversaturation I guess?
>oh hey, its more game of thrones, why should I go see this? Its on tv right now, right?
Kinda shitty it happened to this genre instead of capeshit. ..though I get the feeling that will have its day soon enough.

Normies aren't interested in your bullshit Kings and queens of England historical magical fantasy bullshit

It's been tried time and time again, let it go people don't like that shit except in small doses, game of thrones is a weird exception to the rule

where is that gif from?

Arrow.

American Gods. Read the book. Watch it.

Not sure, I found it in some random Dark Souls thread a couple weeks ago.

It had CIA and Roose Bolton in it. It was so dumb it was good, honestly wish this board actually saw it

>medival Arthur movie
>fuck yes
>fast paced editing and gray filter
>why
>modern style quips
>what the fuck
>a fucking nigger
Dropped so hard 30 seconds into the trailer, I'll never watch it. I hope you all burn in hell, except Jude Law.

same, i want to discuss it with other people but no one has seen it. i saw it on discount day at 8pm, and there 5 people in the theatre, me, two friends, and a couple.

The previews for the movie fucking sucked. Plus Charlie Isn't a draw.

no one gives a shit about non franchise standalone movies anymore. They're kill. You're crazy if you invest in anything that isn't an established franchise.

It's a mess. Weird pacing, uncharismatic main character and his friends didn't even have any personality except CIA guy. Last 20 minutes is CGI shitstorm. And all this last for 2 hours.

Why is it still allowed to hire Cuckham to ruin otherwise great movies? Pacific Rim was better than 95% of te capeshit flicks too

that isn't why it bombed.

I just watched the trailer and there was this black thing in it, it looked weird and out of place.

John Wick was a hit. Not at first, but it became big.

At least the scene with the War Elephants was cool as shit.

It bombed because trailers look like shit. And movie is bland. I don't know how Warner managed to fuck up Ritchie's movie, he was very competent director before

Should have taken tips from Japan and realized the form King Arthur was always truly meant to take was a 14 year old anime girl.

Way too much bullshit. Giant special effects and magic and other retarded things.
Lotr and Got balanced it with realism. This film looked like utter ass from the get go.
It's like the fast and the furious without the nigger/spic population to prop it up. Just stupid action for he sake of action that takes itself too seriously for how sully it is.

Take realistic medieval stuff, film it, throw in a dragon, box office gold. It's not the fucking hard.

yeah, i think it's hunham, he doesn't work as a lead for most audiences. i like him, but he'd probably work better as a villain for most blockbusters, like the blonde dude from logan.

>2004 King Arthur movie
>make Gwendowhore a stronk womyn

Nope, fuck off.

>2017 King Arthur movie
>cast nigger as one of the knights of the round table

Nope, fuck off.

Did your wife's son enjoy it?

John wick earned less than Arthur though. it only picked up because people found out they're will be a sequel

It was weird in that it was clearly just a crime caper film with a thin coat of King Arthur painted onto it. Related to that they also really overdid it with the whole cross cutting between people talking about doing something and them doing it. The part where Arthur is going to the Darklands was almost a parody of this technique. It cut between The Mage and Bedivere talking about going to the Darklands with Arthur, them all on the way there while talking about what he'll do there, them at the altar warning him about the dangerous beasts before he goes in, and two different sequences of him in the Darklands fighting the beasts. I could barely keep track of what was happening when.

>just a crime caper film with a thin coat of King Arthur painted onto it.
nice description for it. of course, i don't know why anyone would expect anything else from guy ritchie.

keira knightly was hot in that movie though, those tiny tits make me crasy

No. Jude Law.