The Place Beyond the Pines

Movie came out 3-4 years ago, but anyone else like the overall tone/themes in the movie? Having never known my father as he died when I was young, I found this movie to be very profound.

What does the release date have to do with the premise of the thread?

I'm not saying those who disliked it are plebs or didn't 'get it', but goddamn if this isn't one of my favourites. It seemed people weren't happy with the structure, which I can understand but it was the only way to tell the story.

>You ride like lightnin, you're gonna crash like thunder

Ben Mendelsohn is something else

Probably because Sup Forums only talk a bout Marlel and DC capeshit

always loved this since i saw it.
Always reminds me of a friend i used to have in high school though so it makes me sad to watch it sometimes, and the film is already emotional enough

Millennials on plebchan can't understand generational drama. Third act ties the whole story together, but I guarantee there will be some faggot who responds with "third act sucked."

One of the best dramas since 2000, in my opinion.

Funny I was just mentioning this film in another thread. Some of it was great but it fell apart in the third act in my opinion. I dug the Mike Patton soundtrack and wanted more of it.

Was just stating it's not a new movie.

It did suck. Just because you say "some faggot will say" doesn't make your opinion valid. It's crap.

Very brave of the director to kill off Gosling less than an hour into the movie. I feel like that was sorta necessary to properly tell the story.

Not spideyman dont care

Very very good film.

Anyone who enjoys a genuinely thought provoking movie will like this.

>tbqh too scared to rewatch as it will make me want to smoke again

I agree, very thought provoking film. The Ice Cream shop scene always makes me shed a tear. Very powerful moment when Eva Mendez starts crying during the picture.

I fucking loved the Gosling parts, purest kino

The bits with Cooper and his jew son with the gangsta accent were fuckin awful

Does this arouse you

TWBB used Arvo Pärt's Frates for piano and violin much better and not so excessively.

I wouldn't call this film thought provoking at all since you get the entire gist of what the movie's saying in like one sitting, but it is very much a masterfully made film. I enjoyed the aesthetic, ost, how saturated everything was, the story structure, and how condensed everything in the film was. I'd love to find out what kind of lens they used to shoot this thing.

I love it for the genuine shock of having what I perceived to be the main character killed off. I want more movies to do that, but at the same time don't want to know what they are so I don't get spoiled

only MEW's husband

I absolutely love the scene outside the ice cream shop.
It's heavy and emotional but it's done in such an understated way. Not a hint of melodrama, just quiet, real, awkward emotion. Fucking love it.

Why I think it's considered kind of lackluster is simply Bradley Cooper; he just doesn't make that character interesting one bit and drags down the rest of the film.

I get goosebumps every time I hear Mike Pattons main theme for the movie.
It's a very good movie. It's just a shame it feels a little bloated.

Not an edgdelord but the scene where the bike is getting cut up while 'please stay' plays on in the background is the most tragic and saddest scene in the film.

Goose will never be your father who robs banks for you and gives you ice cream