Just watched this

I'm sorry guys, but it sucked. It was just bland throughout

I miss Verbinski's touch when it comes to movie like this

still better than the fourth one though

AMA

Other urls found in this thread:

thewrap.com/pirates-caribbean-dead-men-tell-no-tales-post-credits-davy-jones/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Unless Jack Sparrow dies, I'm not interested.

That would be one of the biggest plot twists ever.

I liked the fourth one, so it looks like ill watch this.

he's not

but Barbossa did

I thought the first one was very enjoyable, the next two sucked, and the fourth fell into the, "so bad it's fun to watch" category. I haven't seen Pirates 2 or 3 since the theater. How do you rank the series?

It was an okay action flick imo.
The fast and furious-esque intro was really fun.
Action was good, jokes were less forced than GotG2 overall.
That capeshit with the trident was garbage at the end.
But the worst thing about this movie is the epilogue.
That epilogue is the pinnacle of a cheesy Disney ending. Cheesier than fondue.
That was so fucking bad.
Johnny Depp acting is all over the place and that Bloom's son young adult is insufferable.

>they'll resurrect him in second time

>still better than the fourth one though

that's good.

Only first one was fun.
Stop watching shit

Is Elizabeth in it? What is the set up for the next movie? What does Will Turner do in it?

I watched Grace's review and she said that no one has an understanding of Jack's character, even Depp himself.

>AMA

During the first 3 jack seems to be making it all up as he goes along but you soon realize he is running from a fate worse than death, being locked in pirates' hell aka davy jones' locker. that's what was missing from the 4th one.

does this one do any better to bring back the danger factor to the character of jack ?

How's Paul McCartney?

A pretty fun cameo, one scene where he plays sparrows uncle.
Better than Beckham in King Arthur for sure.

Nothing is changing about jack's character. He's still the same. Even Depp acting is stale.
Still funny if you ask me but don't expect character development.
The trailer makes you think flashbacks of Sparrows youth are a big part of the movie but they aren't.

I think this was the weakest. Why do you guys hate the 4th one anyway?

>Nothing is changing about jack's character.

that's pretty stupid. johnny depp is easily 80% of the franchise's appeal, the drama should revolve around him.

He's almost a sidekick in this one.
Movie seems to be about introducing new protagonists for future sequels.

>it sucked
Implying anyone is surprised.
>still better than the fourth one though
Doing worse would had required a conscious effort to go there.

1>2>3>>4
not having Verbinski on board really affect the franchise after the third, his unique style such as the campiness and creative action set pieces were gone.

The guillotine gags got a solid laugh and the whole bank robbery scene reminds me of the over the top set pieces in the original trilogy which is great.

That exactly what I thought, after that opening scene it was just cliches after cliches on the sea. Really flat and no sense of stakes or adventures whatsoever. That wedding scene in the middle was completely unnecessary

she appeared in the end when she reunite with Will and their son. The movie ends with Jack and his crew set a new adventure

to me, it was really forgettable. Same like this movie, but there's no memorable set pieces just like this one

That whole wedding gag was no better than fart jokes.
>look she fat, ugly and has herpes
>kiss her or I kill u lol
That was way longer than it should have been

Is there a post-credit scene?

No.

Plot? Is will slowly turning into the next Davy jones?

According to this site, there is. I personally didn't stick around to see. thewrap.com/pirates-caribbean-dead-men-tell-no-tales-post-credits-davy-jones/

What happens to Barbossa?
Is Will free from his curse?

Barbossa dies saving the others
Will is freed from the curse and all the curses of the seas are lifted

He's not even 10%. I know for a fact that at least half the people watching these movies are watching them for Barbossa.

can someone make a summary of the plot?

Just watch the trailers, they spoil the entire movie anyway.

Did you like the floaty hair?

Spoilers, duh
[/spoiler]
Wills son wants to find the trident of poseidon to lift the curse from daddy.
Science-woman wants to find the trident also, because of his science-daddys journal
Jack wants to find the trident, because he gave away the compass for a bottle of rum which apparently frees your worst fear, which is apparently Captain Salazar who he screwed in to the Bermuda triangle when he was young.
They find the trident and lift all the curses of the sea.
Barbossa dies saving the others, because science woman is actually his daughter.
Will returns to Elizabeth, Wills son gets some fine pootang from the science-lady [/spoiler]

Yes, I saw it

>he wants a gf to play vydia with
Hell no, i want one to free me from vydia. Fucking faggots.

but deaths mean fuck all in this franchise

Is the girl visible in a corset at any point?

Black Pearl or any of its crew missing since the end of the 3rd movie make a return?

Only ones I know for sure are the midget and Jack the monkey.

If Barbossa "dies" who does Jack go to?

>I miss Verbinski's touch
and yet you went to see this but skipped a cure for wellness earlier this year. why?

not showing in my country :((

eh...it was weird, Davy Jones's tentacles is much better

this

I hope this is the last one, the series just won't be the same without Barbossa

The black pearl return
Some of the crew is back
After Barbossa dies, Jack takes over the Black pearl and keeps Barbossa's monkey with him

What is this a poster for ants

The intro with the bank was pretty good but for the rest of the film Jack Sparrow felt really forced and mostly useless other than being the plot point for the dead.

I think it would've been so much better if they'd taken the same approach as the first Pirates of the Caribbean and had Jack mostly shrouded in legend, being shown in flash backs and talked about as a bit of a myth only to find him much later in the film and have him give off that "You're the worst (best) pirate I've ever heard of"

does anybody notice of how awful the green screen effects are? I don't remember previous movies being that terrible.

Also, Geoff Zanelli's music fucking sucks

Davy Jones is back!

So there is really nothing to see in cinema until dunkirk in july?

TF1

OP is right. It was shit.

Why the fuck is one random trident SUDDENLY the lynchpin of EVERY magic on the sea? What the fuck is Will doing, isn't he supposed to be helping souls of departed at sea to move on to the next world as Davy Jones? Is he shirking his duties and so started to get all barnacled? Fucking why? Why do these cursed dead men look different from other cursed dead men from the first movie?

Depp is phoning it in, and while he is pretty much a walking quip, this time the quip quality is capeshit tier.

The girl was hot though.

Goddamn this movie was shit and it retroactively made At World's End WORSE. I didn't even think that was possible!

Also, that CinemaSins bait.

I only hate the trident thing because they have to come up with a bullshit-excuse for the next undead-villains after stating the trident lifted all the curses of the sea.
Except if they go reverse, and have land-ghosts who can't step on water and just have Jack sail away from them.

Just saw it. Better than 4. Worse than 1, 2 and 3. Not shit as some say but still somewhat disappointing.

>Black Pearl or any of its crew missing since the end of the 3rd movie make a return?

The two British soldiers from 1 and 3 that are always bickering and turned pirate at the very end of 3 are still part of Barbossas crew. So there's that.

>Why do these cursed dead men look different from other cursed dead men from the first movie?

Different curse. The skeleton pirates in the first movie were never dead to begin with.

>Better than 4
Absolutely not.

It absolutely is. Fuck off.

At least in 4 I could see what was going on in any of the action scenes

I'm sorry to hear your eye sight has deteriorated since 2011, but that is hardly the movie's fault.

No, it is the movie's fault with everything after the bank scene transpiring in complete darkness. Especially that colossus scene which was probably not lit because it was hot bullshit.

Also, for all the three year olds in the audience the CURSE IS DISPELLED exposistatements by the characters!

Based Grace, she even admitted WB was the ones paying to shills, and not the other way around.

She's my critic-fu