I just realized what a spectacular fusion of music and animation this was

I just realized what a spectacular fusion of music and animation this was.

Other urls found in this thread:

rule34.paheal.net/post/view/1818527
youtu.be/B5A7FeVDTdw
youtu.be/eKuRvCD1iFk
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It was great. Racist, but great.

Cartoons used to be set to music, that's what made them flow. Now they just stand around

>just the drums when the car pulls up
>and the tires are made of shoes

rule34.paheal.net/post/view/1818527

Welp, now I have jungle fever.

Lost

People only like this trash because they can use it as an excuse to shove their racist beliefs down other people's throats.

>Hey you, respect this animation! Who cares if it's offensive on every front, it's ART!
>Hey, you know, there's a reason why they stereotyped black "people" the way they did. Let me "redpill" on you on a little something-something...

Fuck off, OP.

You should take a step back from the Internet and go talk to your wife's son

It's a decent cartoon but nothing spectacular. It's only popular because it's "banned"

Interestingly, the cartoon was intended to be progressive, in it's own way.

>Bob Clampett, the director, was a big fan of the jazz scene and was friends with black musicians
>One night after seeing Duke Ellington perform, he and the cast were talking and asked Bob why there weren't any cartoons starring black characters
>Bob couldn't think of a good reason so they decided to work on one together
>They decided on an all-black jazz parody of Disney's Snow White
>Bob was a big Disney fan too and it gave them a story to riff on
>Bob wanted a black jazz band to play the music for the cartoon but Warner Bros wouldn't allow it
>Before you jump to any racial conclusions, Carl Stalling's contract stated that he was to score every Warner Bros cartoon exclusively
>Though I've heard it was one of Bob's jazz friends playing the trumpet in the kissing scene
>So what we end up with is an electrifying Harlem jazz score as interpreted by Carl Stallings orchestra with Bob Clampetts legendary animation direction
>Fucking amazing cartoon
>Stereotypes? Sure
>Offensive? Subjective
>But not racist

Shit, that was actually a really good animation.

Fleischer hogged all the jazz talent.

I wish So White would kiss me on the nose

People do that with everything, and with every viwpoint. Fuck off, kid.

i'm pretty sure you have absolutly no problems with natives americans, italian, irish, redneck or mexican caricatures.

And yet....you're the only one in the thread talking about red pills and "the reality of stereotypes".....

People get WAAAAYY too offended at caricature. They tend to confuse "art that a racist might like" with "art that's racist."

>Hello, Murder incorpulated..BLACK OUT SNOW WHITE
oh lawd

So White is a qt.

youtu.be/B5A7FeVDTdw
youtu.be/eKuRvCD1iFk

>mfw I found out this is a fat white drag queen

Made my day when I first heard that on the radio.