How can there be a devil if there is no god?

how can there be a devil if there is no god?

There clearly is a God. Rick meets the Devil, and he also prays to God when he thinks he's about to die (after sacrificing himself for Morty).

This, it's heavily implied there is actually a god in the R&M multiverse

the word "devil" as are most things in christianity and religion (SHOCKING) come from ancient greek words.

if nothing else, devil is a slanderer. funny, i call my ex gf the devil for this exact reason

>This in turn was borrowed from Ancient Greek Greek: διάβολος (diábolos), "slanderer",[4] from 'Greek: 'διαβάλλειν (diabállein) "to slander": διά- (diá-) "across, through" + βάλλειν (bállein) "to hurl", probably akin to the Sanskrit gurate "he lifts up"

Shhh, don't interrupt autist/bot anons shitposting.

*tips* Devil wasn't meant to be Satan's name

excellent post fellow redditor, here have an upgoat! hahaha xD

>the word "devil" as are most things in christianity and religion (SHOCKING) come from ancient greek words.

Everything european is based on ancient greek, the fuck is your point faggot?

that ancient christianity and the jews that controlled the vatican destroyed everything the pagans had since it threatened the progress of the church, and that people need a reminder where civilization comes from

Because reddit is actually hell.

Rick LITERALLY talked about Jesus in the Christmas episode

Devil is any person who propagates ancien regime, is against individualism in favor of collectivism or even tribalism, admires magical thinking instead of rationalism. That man was in direct opposition to who Rick "wake up sheeple" was, so he was named the Devil, i.e. the obstacle, the foe.

The point of Rick saying there's no god and being a huge atheist is because theyre actually is one, and he's probably going to be Family Guy tier

one god who oversees the multiverse
or gods, one god per universe?

>t. baby who doesn't understand the impact of plato and aristotle on christianity

hint: heaven comes from the platonic forms and is not featured as a concrete place in the NT outside of vague references from jesus about being at his father's side

This is true, and it's right there for anyone to read. It boggles my mind how Christianity tells us that people go to Heaven or Hell when they die when the Bible says we all stay dead until judgement day when everyone is resurrected and judged: the 144,000 best go to Heaven, the bad are cast into the fire and die their second death (no mention of eternal torment, but you're dead forever), all the good souls live forever on paradise earth.

The Jehova's Witnesses have it the right way.

>still thinking God is a singular, external entity

Satan is just a title.

Wubba lubba dub dub

It could just be the manifestation of evil. Like Gaunter O'Dimm

Probably not though.

>you're THE Devil

He would've said a devil/a demon; it's obvious he meant the Big D.

Rick prays to God when he thinks he's about to die. It's implied there either is a God in the religious sense or some incomprehensibly higher power akin to Rick's status in the universe he created to power his car.

Question though: In like episode 1 Rick goes to a dimension where humankind cured aging and he was the first old person they'd seen in countless years.

In season 2, Rick has a bunch of scrapped plans for immortality and has an existential crisis because he hasn't figured out a good method yet.

Why didn't he just get treatment from the dimension in episode one?

>Gaunter O'Dimm
>Manifestation of Evil

lurk more faggot

>the word "devil" as are most things in christianity and religion (SHOCKING) come from ancient greek words.
>if nothing else, devil is a slanderer. funny, i call my ex gf the devil for this exact reason

Yikes

>tfw want to be Christian but IIRC masturbation is considered a sexual sin and it blacklists you from being eligible for the 144,000

God literally kills someone for pulling out in Genesis. I assumed this is where the anti-masturbation fervour came from.

that's not God, that's the demiurge

If I removed the Satan's title would he cease to exist?

Can you please refrain from talking shit in this serious theological conversation.

>Tfw i actually agree with most of JW's teachings everytime they talk to me but i'm just too lazy to give a shit

It's a bit comforting to think there's no hell because now i'll just die and be forgotten like i wanted to.

To be fair
>144,000

Is not all the people that get into heaven. IIRC that's just israelites specifically. Further into Revelation you get this:
>Revelation 7:9 After this I looked, and there before me was a great multitude that no one could count, from every nation, tribe, people and language, standing before the throne and before the Lamb. They were wearing white robes and were holding palm branches in their hands.

>gnosticism

kys

gnostic brother, cheers. Let the false god be cast down and the one above all reign supreme

The devil episode and the vampire episode were weird. Basically the entire show is about science and Rick being cynical and nihilistic and then they throw in stuff about religion and the supernatural. It really makes you think that they don't have a concept at all and just evolve the stories around the jokes they came up with.

I wouldn't be surprised if Rick or Morty meets God in a future episode and he's either very pedantic (and Rick annoys him or makes him nervous) or really relaxed and hangs out with them. Might also be the thing humans consider God but is actually just a more advanced life form roleplaying.

its like almost like it's an animated comedy show that doesn't take itself seriously and uses light sci fi and drama for laughs

*burp*

he pulled out of his brothers wife in an attempt to inherit his brothers land, if he knocked her up her son by him will inherit his brothers land,
even thoough itd be his son technically , the inheritance laws were tricky in incestous tribes

Also, In the virtual rick-allity videogame is confirmed that Hell/Purgatory exists in the R&M multiverse.

It would be extremely painful.

How can there be a devil if there IS a god?

REDDIT
REDDIT

Your voice controlled browser accidentally typed that into a post, try again.

When will humans come to exist without making reference to fake heavens and hells?

buuurp morty, y-you got to turn into a buuurp into a car morty b-b-because buurp there's no god, morty!

>implying they won't kill God like every fedora or Japs fantasy

www.vigilantcitizen.com

i believe in Christ because i know that the people with power in our society believe in and serve Satan

If all of the people with power serve Satan, then that mean Satan is able to provide them with that power. Therefore, Satan is more capable than God.

>correlation equals causation

Kek, no dumbass edge teen. You're literally as bad as the fucks who get to live an easy life and thank God for it rather than personal effort or luck.

No, you seem to misunderstand the statement you mean
>the people with power
>the
This means the entirety of. Why would the entirety of the people in power serve Satan? Surely, if success were from other circumstances and given the law of truly large numbers there would be powerful people in service of God, Krishna, Xenu, et cetera. In the case there is not, as you stated, then it's statistically anomalous enough for some force to be giving them success for the sole purpose of being the children of the dark. The other possibility is impossible.