Should I even care anymore?

Should I even care anymore?

They don't, why should we?

Because we're characterfags, of course.

No of course. I stopped after OMD and after every comic just became a watered down shitty ad for a shitty movie.

Just read the high quality outliers that manage to slip past the movie execs that run the company. King's Vision, Ellis' Moon Knight, etc.

I am thoroughly enjoying Vision but I'm glad it's only 12 issuses so I can tap out of buying Marvel books completely when it's done.

lol no

I just stick to the movies, comics went full retarded since Seige and I don't need to keep investing months of my life to follow a ton of issues of retarded "make the reader hate you" shockválue crap.

Yep. 12 or 24 or whatever issues limited series are the way to go. Let good talent get in and get out and get the story done. No tie-ins, no events, no crossovers, no summer movie pimping. As long as they know from the start so they can plan arc to arc without getting cancelled and leaving dangling plot threads.

Movies are great, comics are shit.

>reading modern comics

Lemire's moon Knight

Better question is: should western superhero comic books continue to exist? What's the point of both Marvel and DC still writing books about characters that are 70 years old?

Medium hit the peak very long time ago and is on decline since forever. Attempts to revive it in last 30 years, be it Marvel or DC, consist of trying to outdo previous writers in shocking twist department. Ironically shocking twists and developments only kill the genre more and more.

Both companies are equally bankrupt creatively and rely on shitty reboots, character replacements and clickbait controversies like:

"SHOCKING: CAP AMERICA WAS NAZI ALL ALONG, READ PLEASE!"
or
>"NAH, GREEN LANTHERN, THERE WERE LITERALLY THREE JOKERS ALL ALONG, READ PLEASE"

Modern superhero comics consist of shitty writing, shitty characterizations, political propaganda, awful art, poor economic model, scumbag business practices and, most importantly, shitting all over the comics legacy, comics fans and dignity itself.

Both Marvel and DC should be closed. Movies should tell the best few chosen story arcs and end as well.

lol yeah fuck media just kill all of it so we can go fuck girls and stuff lol YOLO

Nah, not really, reading the smaller good runs is what's most important.
I used to give a shit about cap but that's apparantly no longer an option
Moon knight, vision and the first six issues of ultimates are pretty good but they're diamonds in a pile of shit.
Still good reads, but you might want to wait until someone's told you where the diamonds are

I don't care whether you care or not.

What a fucking retarded

>implying Marvel Studios movies aren't retarded

Unfortunately as a long time fan I agree with this. If they are willing to continue fucking up they should at least create separate comicverses with new original characters. Enough with iruining decades old characters and storylines for shock value

There's "retarded" and there is "hailhydralol retarded".

They just gotta have their fix!

Why did you care in the first place? There's no way you were alive while Marvel was good.

It wasn't a limited series. It's getting cancelled because the writer is now signed exclusively to DC. He's doing Batman, I think.

>S...sure Marvel is bad, but isn't DC just as bad?!

no

you sound like a retard, and a fag 2bqh familia

I sure as shit don't care anymore

They make Disney feel good films now. Any passion they have for the medium that carried them this far is dead. All those "great stories" are going to be refurbished into easy to digest films for their casual fanbase. Core fans needs not apply anymore.

>99% of modern superhero comics consist of shitty writing, shitty characterizations, political propaganda, awful art, poor economic model, scumbag business practices and, most importantly, shitting all over the comics legacy, comics fans and dignity itself just like it has always been since the day comics were created so why don't we just read and discuss the high quality 1% like we always have?

fixed

>Implying movies aren't for retards
Cape movies are as generic as they come. Atleast a few comics are still good. But cape movie fans deserve to be stoned.

This

MCU movies have consistent continuity, consistent characters and optimistic tone

Your medium is dead, deal with it

of the current ongoing I'm enjoying, they've yet to fuck over any of them

will have to wait and see what CWII brings

> this whole DC fanboy circle jerk thread.

Gotten a little cocky with the Rebirth mojo have we?

Let's be honest, you've never really read anything by Marvel that wasn't already a decade old so no matter what you say, the bottom line ultimately is: "Let me tell you why the comics I read are better than the comics I don't read"

DC's strong suit has always been pandering to the old graybeard fans who never want anything to change and just want 26 pages of Superman's cape billowing majestically in the wind.

No matter what DC or Marvel do right or wrong, any sales model built on floppy sales is ultimately doomed. It sucks, I know, but that's the way it goes and neither is doing anything to solve the real problems facing the industry.

Pandering to tumblrites (Marvel) or pandering to 40-year-old manchildren (DC) isn't going to save the industry, getting floppies back in grocery stores and gas stations will.

I'll give Marvel props for trying to expand their reading base, even if it isn't working in any real significant manner, but DC's victory with Rebirth isn't really anything more than running back to that safe warm spot we all know and love while waiting for the encroaching cold to someday sink in.

>will have to wait and see what CWII brings
Hell on Earth

If you're sane then no.

I'm tempted to photoshop a sicle and hammer on the Marvel logo. Well, I'm sure you can imagine where I'm goinf with this....

Fuck Marvel, I bet they're anti-Trump too!

Considering it hit cancellation numbers by issue 4, it was going to get cancelled regardless.

>getting floppies back in grocery stores and gas stations will.
No it won't, user. No one is going to buy a comic from a grocery store or a gas station. People don't even buy magazines anymore and they're available everywhere.

The future is digital distribution but as long as Diamond and LCSs are around, the Big 2 will never be able to make a proper transition away from the floppie model.

So cutting out everything unique about the genre

I really don't. You believe Marvel supports the Russian Revolution and peaceful labor within the Soviet Union and international proletarian unity?

Cancelling any book before it hits #6 is absolutely retarded

>DC is now lightening up with Rebirth
>Marvel will now produce edge shit (HAIL HYDRA!)

Capes are a genre, not a medium

>the future is digital distribution
More like bookstore trades

Capes are not really a genre though. Morrison's Animal man for example is totally different from the current Captain America comic. "Cape" is more of a setting than a genre.

>cookie-cutter cinematic universe
>an entire comic universe in the toilet

LOL FUCKING BASED AMIRITE?
DC BTFO

It's not a medium, is my point

Well, just stick with MCU, Marvel's comic is just garbage especially now that Bendis and Alonso are at helm, they are fucking worse than JQ.

No. No, you shouldn't.

Nobody should.

>>cookie-cutter cinematic universe
how can it be cookie-cutter if they were the first to do it?

but comics were always about edgy illogical controversies. it's not a new fenomenon

That's not what cookie cutter means.

>>cookie-cutter cinematic universe
Right? I hate how much it's like all the other Cinematic Universes like uh...um...

the CEO of Marvel Comics is PRO-Trump

>sweeping generalizations: the post

Wasn't it one of Trump's charities? I guess that doesn't get as many page clicks.

>diversity
>they're all white men

Too bad they suck

>Marvel Now
>again

nope

Retarded things are standard at marvel

You're talking about the company that published the "Joker's Daughter" comic. Try to have a little perspective.

Being a marvel character fag is suffering.

She got beat up by Gordon and killed by Jason.

While Marvel is still "hheeeeeey we know you looooove Cap Marvel, Whor and Squirrel Girl"

>Being a Comic character fag is suffering.
FTFY

Even if I don't enjoy as many comics, I can still have the pleasure of see character fags suffering.

Cape books with few exceptions were always garbage. Most of the 'good' stories would be considered literary piss to any writer or critic from a respectable form of storytelling.
The only difference is the pool of writers seems to be pulling from the same cynical fan base. So you have shifty edgy shock stories mixed in with desperate attempts at nostalgia baiting. But it's always basically been garbage. People need to act like now that they've grown out of it is when it's gotten bad.
Nigga it was always bad you just didn't see.

Why are peoples so fucking uptight about this shit.
"So you think your great hero can save you but HA you see! He vas a hydra agent in secret all alonk"
"Damn that diabolical red skull....it can't be true"

It sounds like a typical old timely hero cliffhanger. But for some reason today people are honestly so fucking dumb they think it's a real permanent change to the character. Christ comic fans are stupid, you idiots deserve all the lame shit you get because a child from the 40s would already be going "nah I bet its just part of red skulls plan...caps not really from hydra he's a good guy" and then heyd read the next issue to find out the exciting conclusion. Not gnash their teeth and yank out their hair cos everything is ruined by altering the status quo.

It seems like this is a lot of people's first encounter with it

Capeshit is Jewish propaganda

Propaganda for what, though?

That's what happens when you make exceptionally successful movies with and about a certain character and then shit all over said character. Normies are really mad about what Marvel did with Cap, even if they haven't rerad a single comic book.

You're right but there are always going to be people who want to read Superman/Batman's origins for the 1000th's time.

I think it's more Marvel are hardcore Jewish liberals trying to push out their agendas for more cash.

You never really see it in DC.

Recent examples from Marvel include:
>Captain America 1. Red Skull is worried refuges are going to blow up his homeland.
>Nighthawk 1. Police brutality on """""innocent"""""" black men. So he murders white men brutally back.