The Man in the High Castle

Can we all agree if they dropped resistance and alt-reality shit and focused on Japan and German politic/relationship between them it would be better series?

yea I agree, the whole resistance thing is cliche and boring. A drama based on the politics between the 2 states would be pretty cool.

Is this actually good? I've always been a sucker for alternate history.

yes but get ready for smith to become the lowest of cucks and turn to the resistance because muh son

that's how they will "redeem" him, mark my words

no its tripe

It's the alt-reality thing that makes it exciting.

it would be cancelled ASAP

No. It's a phenomenal show as is.

They took easily the worst, almost non-existant parts of the books and made it into a generic tv show adaption

if Smith joined the resistance that would be monumentally retarded

After that retarded US border everything is possible

I watched the first two or three episodes of the first season when that came out, but dropped it because the main characters couldn't act for shit.
Did it ever get any better?

S2 is fantastic.

No to the science fiction, it works because the appeal of the show to the audience is the question of how things might have been had things turned out differently, and that's a theme explored within the setting.
I do wonder if they can keep it interesting in season 3, what with it moving from secret only Hitler and MIHC knew about to something the main cast is aware of.

As for the Resistance, well, if they stopped trying to make it like Star Wars where it's a bland band of multicultural gender egalitarians fighting for generic anti-authority purposes, it could be interesting. Like, the bit in season 2 where the Japanese woman who is instrumental in BTFO-ing the Japanese base, it would be more interesting if there was actually some old-fashioned white male American patriarchy for her character to play against, rather than leaving the viewer to fill in the blanks based on what narrative they've received about real life history.
This is an alternate history, they should go nuts with mashing up a despondent 1930s-esque Depression aesthetic with the Nazi-emblazoned 1960s kitsch, instead of going for generic "no pasaran" muh Maquis aesthetic, which makes even less sense given how communism was BTFO and there was no Soviet Union to support underground cells anymore.

Yes. The last 3-5 episodes of season 1 have great moments and great promise, which was fulfilled in season 2.
They made the wise decision of sidelining the generic white American heroes and heroine and focusing on the characters with more interesting struggles and contradictions, and better actors. Smith makes the series, and the Japanese duo hold up their half of the country better than the resistance protagonists.

no he'll do some spy shit like always and just get joe to rescue his son or something in exchange for not getting the gas for treason

I hated that no one, especially Juliana, brought up the fact that that one resistance guy went off the rails and tried to kill her first AGAINST ORDERS. That lead to his but buddy girlfriend being killed. It was entirely his fault and her defecting to the Nazi's was an act of desperation.

its okay only for 3rd reich scenes and based john smith, im black and the show makes me wish Nazis won WWII, life is in general better for most of the world
even though the writers are trying to make them have a reason to exist, the resistance are literally the only crime. And magic video tape alternate dimensions dont change the fact that the nazis make an aesthetic cleanlifestyle and breed the best looking people.

mark my words. the lesson is going to be "yeah the whole reich hailed me personally at volkshalle in berlin, but all that don't mean squat compared to MUH FAMILY"

This show is basically life under Drumpf
#Resist

Pilot is excellent, I couldn't even finish the first episode though.

second season gets really good

Give it a try you've got nothing better to do

This show is probably unintentionally redpilling a lot of normans. They'll "redeem" an honest, dutiful and proper man by making him a degenerate cuck faggot.