Can someone fill me in on this? I missed the announcement

Can someone fill me in on this? I missed the announcement.

All Female, All Marvel

>Blockbuster new titles. Shocking new status quos. Top-tier creators. This is Marvel NOW!.

>It all starts this fall as the Marvel Universe charges forward into an ambitious new direction. As the industry’s top creators and hottest up-and-coming voices leave their mark on the world’s top super heroes, get ready for the most exciting and energetic comics on the stands! Prepare for all-new ongoing series, Earth-shattering status quo shifts, and an exciting new era of Marvel comics!

>Kicking off this bold publishing initiative is the free MARVEL NOW! PREVIEWS MAGAZINE, coming to comic shops on July 13! This free, standalone magazine is your first look at the cataclysmic fallout of Civil War II and the landscape of the Marvel Universe to come. Packed cover-to-cover with huge reveals, new titles, and fresh creative directions, the MARVEL NOW! PREVIEWS MAGAZINE is your very first look at the hottest upcoming titles of 2016!

>“Marvel NOW! is about the future of the Marvel Universe,” says Marvel Editor-in-Chief Axel Alonso. “We’re excited to provide fans with a snapshot of things to come right before San Diego Comic-Con. Fans can look forward to hearing about brand new titles, returning favorites and even some shocking status quo shifts that are sure to keep fans guessing all the way through Civil War II. There has never been a better time to be a Marvel reader.”

>Building upon our rich history with an eye towards tomorrow, Marvel NOW! marks the next evolution of Marvel Comics – and a thrilling leap forward. Be there as it all kicks off on July 13th! Run, don’t walk to your local comic shop to get your hands on the free MARVEL NOW! PREVIEWS MAGAZINE! The future is Marvel and it’s happening NOW!

This is very stupid.

Marvel is relaunching their relaunches now

There was none, it was just a teaser.

They'll have a preview book for it eventually like last year.

>Top-tier creators
Like who? Bendis and Slott are the highest tier Marvel has.

I'm trying not to bring company wars into this...but jesus christ.

Like, OK, I'd get trying to outdo DC's Rebirth. That makes sense for Marvel. I understand trying to do something big and unique to make Rebirth seem lame/silly/etc.

But another relaunch? Barely even a year into ANAD? I didn't think the "TV seasons" thing would really play into this, but sure, fine, let's go with that.

Yet, there's the naming. Naming this "new season" after something old (and recently old) is just...not smart.

If Marvel began losing the faith of retailers with ANAD, then they're *genuinely* not making things better with this. The only implication right now is that people should expect the exact sort of gimmicks (new #1s, presumably with shittons of incentivized variants) and other nonsense that made stores not like them in the first place.

No idea what Marvel's end goal is.

>No idea what Marvel's end goal is.
Shekelium

I thought this happened 4 years ago.

#1 money.

>Relaunch it
>get #1 money
>ride the sales down 5-6 issues
>hit the book with a crossover or event for 2-5 issues
>let it go for a few more issues
>then cancel it and relaunch it

Basically their plans for the majority of their books now.
Only big sellers and shitty sellers go without crossover tie ins and event shit since they either command the crossover or aren't apart of a family of books. And it seems like big double shipping books like Deadpool can go past 30 issues now.

Like no wonder marvel's trades still do shit when there are five vol 1s.
New 52 vol 1s and 2s kept selling great like 3/4 years into new 52 cause there wasn't anything else readily available until recently when they started reprinting more and more older stuff.

I'm honestly not even that bothered by it. Even if they cancel all their current titles to put out new ones, the only book I'll actually be upset about losing is Carnage.

If I'm really lucky, Agent Venom will get a new book where he comes back to Earth since Spaceknight's not selling that well.

I dont know why people are surprised when Marvel says they do this yearly.

Marvel comics have phases now, like the mcu or magic the gathering.

The names could use work though

No, see, that was Marvel NOW. This is Marvel NOW!

Totally different.

>>then cancel it and relaunch it
Star-Lord will be the first.

Hail Hydra.

Marvel needs a reboot.

I haven't read a decent new comic by marvel for years.

You're looking at Marvel Now!. Everything that was Marvel is Marvel Now! now.

Not now. Right now we're in All-new All-different Marvel, it won't be NOW! until Fall.

Have you tried Vision, Moon Knight, or Ultimates?

So...Soon?

Alan Moore, Steve Ditko, Jack Kirby's Ghost and Rob Liefeld.

Are they just reusing the same relaunch title from 2011?

Jesus Christus, Do they think their fanbase has short term memory and completely forgot about it? This will cause even more confusing than the New 3DS

Yes, soon it will be now but for now it's still all-new.

They really should have used this as an opportunity to bring back the All-new All-Fresh tagline from the 90s.

It's interesting because we had NOW!...then we went to All New All Different... but going back to NOW!?

I'm pretty sure it was Marvel NOW! before too

No, of course not. Marvel's marketing department, even at its most idiotic, wouldn't re-use a relaunch name only 4 years later.

The 2011 relaunch was Marvel NOW. This is Marvel NOW! See, the exclamation point makes it even more NOW than NOW.

No that was Marvel then, this is Marvel NOW!

>tfw all I care about is what they do with Kamala

should called it That's What I Call Marvel NOW!

No, sir, it was Marvel NOW! even then

You're missing a few. It went:
>Marvel NOW!
>All-new Marvel NOW!
>Avengers NOW!
>All-new All-different Marvel
>Marvel NOW!

Oh, well don't I feel foolish.

Oh wait, I see where the difference is. See, the original Marvel NOW! had the NOW! in white on red. The new Marvel NOW! has the NOW! in red on white.

See? Totally different.

Too bad they're all stuck writing/drawing crossdressing, trans-pansexuals.

bravo marvel

When will then be NOW?

Ehhhh... it doesn't sound like ANAD where they're gonna relaunch everything.

I imagine they'll cancel most of the lower selling half and a few of the higher selling half, like the previous relaunches. Then after the next event they cancel the books they didn't cancel aftet CW2.

Because they've cancelled at least 15 ANAD titles so far and I imagine that they want to keep having ~70+ books at a time.

>As the industry’s top creators and hottest up-and-coming voices leave their mark on the world’s top super heroes
>Earth-shattering status quo shifts, and an exciting new era of Marvel comics!
>Fans can look forward to hearing about brand new titles, returning favorites and even some shocking status quo shifts that are sure to keep fans guessing all the way through Civil War II. There has never been a better time to be a Marvel reader.”

>"There has never been a better time to be a Marvel reader."

all black marvel
>we marvel now

They should start calling their reprints Marvel THEN!

but that's when Marvel was good. . .

Yeah, this is clearly more of an All-new Marvel now than a Marvel NOW! 1.0 or All-new All-different Marvel.

The writer made me like miles keep her and it's fine.

I sure hope they learned their lesson with ANAD

Not well enough because they're still gonna relaunch books, but at least it might not be everything.

They're just going to cancel the low selling books, and either relaunch them or replace them with different books, while keeping the high selling books with their current numbering.

LATER!

ALL MARVEL ALL NOW!

>Top-tier creators

You forgot
Ultimate Marvel NOW!

>a new secrer avengers tittle with Sunspot, Cannonball, songbird and maybe 1 more mutant,1 ex-avenger and another ex-villain
>Written by Al Ewing

LET IT HAPPEN PLS

>Ultimate Marvel Double Edge All-New All Different Now! MAX Knights
I miss any?

Ultimate Marvel Double Edge All-New All Different Now! MAX Knights 2099

She's like 1/3 of the reason we had Marvel NOW to begin with.

Marvel AGAIN!

>WE WUZ MARVEL AND SHIT

Marvel NOWEST!

Hopefully we'll get less Bendis books.

Sadly Abnett finally gave up on Cosmic and went DC exclusive. Who can save Quill now?

If Bendis is still on GOTG and is the main writer of cosmic then nobody can save him

Which month does fall start for Americans ?

September or October ?

Does that mean no more Hercules ?

Hercules was already ending bro.

>Wanting Abnett without Lanning

Sorry DC friends, you're not getting what you are hoping.

He's writing the Gods of War CW2 mini but that's probably the last of Herc from him. Marvel might relaunch it later though.

Fall starts September 21st.

I thought they'd already done Marvel Now. Did we circle round in time?

The EA/Ubisoft of comic books.

He managed to make Earth 2 bearable and his Aquaman issues were good so that's good enough for me

They're relaunching Marvel NOW! Now it's even more NOW! than NOW!

I'm too drunk for this.

comic-kino

That's some fucking Dr. Seuss shit right there. Venom coming back planetside would be nice, especially if Bunn gets to restart the ongoing.

I guess they decided to drop All New All Different?
I'm all up for that.
Fuck ANAD.

Venom is coming to earth but it might be to late for the comic when that happens, also Bunn is now putting all his energy on the x-tittles, that why the only good x-men comics right now is Uncanny

>>Blockbuster new titles. Shocking new status quos. Top-tier creators. This is Marvel NOW!.
Well Marvel ain't any of that now. It might be in the future though. Outright lying does nothing for me though, jews.

Though real talk.

They should do away with numbering.
Just have it as part 1, part 2, etc. The same way they sort of did the ... I can't remember what it was called. Whatever version of Marvel NOW occurred like 3 volumes into original Marvel NOW.

No one posted Marvel's self hating pic.

I think Benis got bored of Venom and his Guardians team is getting too crowded. I say there's a big chance of Venom actually staying on Earth after Civil War II.

>That Thor one
get's me everytime

Garbo is coming.

>Top-tier creators.
Aren't they all at DC now? Just saw that Abnett is now DC exclusive, too.
Who is even left outside of Ewing?

>There has never been a better time to be a Marvel reader.

> A new line of books one year after the ANAD Marvel

AHAHAH this is worse than DCYou

I thought Ghost Kirby was working for DC.

I'm pretty sure Morrison has him chained in the basement.

They're been doing annual relaunches since 2012. They've said they plan on doing annual relaunches since then. I don't understand why people are remotely surprised by this when turning comics into a "seasonal" model has been their entire mission statement for YEARS now.

The only thing that's "surprising" or particularly shitty about this is the fact that they couldn't even come up with a new name and had to rely on re-using an old one, which is just a next level of lazy/retarded.

I thought this would get less relevant over time, not moreso.

>Marvel NOW was in 2012
Good God.

5 years of liquid shit

The irony.

So what can we expect for BRAND NEW changes and things that will NEVER BE THE SAME?

>Thor gains Ultimate Mjolnir and becomes the focus of Thor again, while Jane becomes secondary a la Falcon for Captain America
>Dr. Strange is rebooted to become more like the Beneduct Cumbersnitch version for movie synergy
>Similarly, Slott is forced to bring Peter back to the status quo because of his appearance in Civil War. Slott refuses, and Bendis gets Spider-Man again
>Spider-Woman is cancelled due to low sales. Silk takes up the name, and Jessica Drew and her son become nobodies
>Another Inhumans book
>One less X-Men book
>A new Jessica Jones book to profit off of the show
>Squirrel Girl and Hellcat stay alive because they're basically print webcomics, and their creators can work for peanuts
>A new book for That Guy from the movie. You know the one.
>Another book for Single Twenty-Something Quirky Tumblr Female

Gamora, Blade, and Kate Hawkeye will probably get their books that marvel promised a while back.

making money off of casuals and emotially abused housewives that they have for long time fans

And they will continue to be successful at it because MCU is a thing and their army of well paid marketing army allows them to create the perception that their stories are somehow worth reading; especially those of the competion

Its almost like DC and marvel have a deal Set up

>"Alright our movies will be shit if you makes sure your comics are crap"

>"DEAL!"

It was already confirmed that Star-lord is going to get a new ongoing post-CWII. The Gamora and Blade ongoings will likely be coming out as part of it too.

The Dr. Strange ongoing is selling high enough that I doubt they'll relaunch it.

>Jessica Jones book by Bendis
>Gamora, Blade, Star-lord, Kate get their books
>Spider woman gets cancelled and relaunched
>another Inhuman gets a "solo", probably by Ellis
>new depressing X-Men status quo brought on by Death of X

What does any of these even mean?
All I see is PR marketing buzzwords

Wilson, Duggan, Coates, Spencer, Bunn (while on X-Men)

also Gillen said he has a new Project with Marvel after Vader ends

At least a dozen of the lower selling titles get cancelled and relaunched. Moon girl, Hellcat, Spider woman, Star-lord, Nova, and Drax being possibilities.

A dozen more get cancelled and replaced.

Maybe a handful of higher selling ones get cancelled to be replaced with different creative teams. Bendis please get off GOTG

Marvel tries to relaunch Vision with a new writer but it's not well received at all and it gets cancelled after 5 or 6 issues.

Marvel said they would operate in a seasons format when all new was launched last October, so next October we get the new season, Marvel Now, nothing about a company war here, but they revealed it a day after to take hype from Rebirth for sure.

Hickman will probably be back, Al Ewing and James Robinson(SS and Ewing books are most of my favorites from Marvel).

Marvel is doing their annual relaunch this Fall, same as they've done every Fall since 2012, and will be releasing a free magazine on the 13th that will showcase all/most of the new books coming this fall.

Also the name for the new relaunch is Marvel NOW!, same as the name from the 2012 relaunch for whatever dumb reason.