Training to be a vigilante thread

training to be a vigilante thread
post plans, routines, ideas, even experiences.

Other urls found in this thread:

reallifesuperheroes.com/2011/07/05/nyx/
nydailynews.com/news/national/vigilante-ninja-arrested-pennsylvania-article-1.1429621
thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/4696393/man-dresses-as-ninja-to-fight-crime-but-ends-up-getting-arrested.html
m.youtube.com/watch?v=COWeUENnEQA
articles.latimes.com/2008/nov/24/local/me-scientology24
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Don't

Yes, please do

Getting stabbed sucks.

Can't wait to see the news headline about a skinny, white autist being gunned down while trying to stop an armed mugging with a baton and random unnecessary backflips

Either lots of costumed charity work or being killed in action.

What are your superpowers?

The only kind of vigilante that works is if you collect evidence of crimes WITHOUT GETTING CLOSE TO THEM and then upload it to youtube.

>Look up police departments
>Determine the best one for what you want to do, i.e. Actually put out effort or do nothing
>Apply to that police academy
>Work out hard and try to get use to guns in the meantime
>Go to academy
>Be police officer
>Be proactive and hard working, which will in turn attract hard workers

There. You have the muscle, resources, backup, and your own bat mobile.

Yeah but then you are working with DA MAN.

Dress like one of these fools and do nothing but literally act as neighborhood watch with all the powers of a cellhphone.

Anything else and you'll be dead or in jail within a week because this is the real world.

>At school
>People have stickied a "dumbass" sign to the back of some kid.
>Yank it out and dispose of it, him or his tormentors being none the wiser

VIGILANTE AS FUCK

>

But you get your own costume.

Copypasting from the other RLSH threads I posted in

Back in my freshman year of high school, some tweaker had gone up to the school bus and kept offering kids five bucks if they pissed in a bottle for him. We all said no, but the middle school bus was due in half an hour and my younger brother was on there. I didn't want some fucking junkie messing with him and a bunch of middle schoolers so I went up to the bus stop with some Kick-Ass-esque sticks hidden in the legs of my pant, just to make sure he wasn't harassing kids.

A week later I had a full costume and patrolled the neighborhood. This went on for a few months. Kick-Ass had one thing right; wearing my homemade costume under my clothes at school was so fucking cool.

I didn't save anyone doing costumed antics. Never even encountered a crime where police weren't already there. It did give me a sense of confidence outside of the costume though and I started trying to help kids who were getting bullied in school. The highlight of my superheroics was pretty disappointing desu. Some kid and his gang were going to rob a local shop and I went home and called the police. They ended up searching his house and the thing got called off. He found out it was me who called the police eventually and threatened to beat me up but nothing came of it.

I want to start doing it again, but obviously taking a different approach. I'd also want to be more financially stable and move to/work in a more populated area.

I used to wear a jacket or long sleeve over my "costume" and keep my mask in my pocket.

I called myself Zero at the time, just liked the name I guess. Pretty cringey, I know.

Who the fuck goes to a bus stop a half an hour early?

this is embarrassing.

>defending kids against bullies
Tai Chi is pretty good for pure defense
And so is judo

Yeah I know, but I chock it up to being a bored kid reading a lot of comics. Now I'm an even more bored adult who reads more comics.

I wanted to make sure he'd leave and not come back

Never got in a fight doing it, and thank god I didn't. I've only been in a handful of real fights and I'm bad at it, but lucky. I'd probably have my ass handed to me a few times.

R I P OP

>I wanted to make sure he'd leave and not come back

Yeah, but what about your brother?

Sorry should have described it better.

I was on the high school bus coming home. My brother's bus, the middle school one, arrived half an hour after mine to drop him off at home.

Don't

>never been in a real fight
Join boxing dude. Gotta get that exp in there somehow

Oh! Thanks for explaining, user.

The chances of randomly coming across a mugging are quite small even in bad areas. The areas with the highest prevalence of crime would also be far too dangerous to operate it.

The majority of crime is alcohol related, then drug related, and this is more a social matter than outright criminal (in terms of solving it). The police will mostly be operating in force on a weekend.

The idea of "walking a beat" is outdated and often wanted by people for visible policing but does not actually solve crime.

You would therefore need forensic skills and investigatory skills. Any evidence obtained via this would not be able to be used in court due to you handling it.

You would need investigation skills but since you do not have informants, electronic databases or other data you can either - waste money on equipment to illegally spy on people or try and infiltrate groups and get killed.

So tell me, what exactly will you do? What crime will you focus on?

Get a good lawyer.

Whose the semen demon on bottom left?

Doesn't the guy on the upper left hand out meals to the homeless?

Never be seen, never get caught. Basically like the criminals you are going to try to look for, whom should never be seen and never get caught.

Be a community activist instead, it's as much of a struggle but you'll actually get shit done. Leaving beating up and killing crooks to the police.

If I had a symbiote I'd probably just go out at night and try to be like an urban legend like Batman.

Or I'd swing around during the day like Spider-Man because web swinging is too tempting.

You're just a sick fuck that wants an excuse to go beat people up so you're using the vigilante angle to justify it. Otherwise you'd join a neighborhood watch and go patrols with normal people who are out to keep the place safe. I hope the cops mistake you for a criminal and you get severely hurt to teach your uneducated ass a lesson.

If you actually cared about helping people you'd become a cop or a doctor or a fireman. People who do costume vigilante-ism are fucking jokes.

That's nice.

Unless you have training like Frank Castle you will be Kick Ass. I mean as in your ass kicked...

>CAMERA-MAN

quietly and anonymously making the world a better place

EMT here

yes it does

>didn't hit vital organs

you're still gonna bleed out, numbnuts

you can still get killed over that, they'll come at you where you live/work if they find out who you are and it's worth that much to them

da man is duly appointed by da people, grow da fuck up

you missed out

>be flunked out when your psychometric scores come in
>end up working as a mall cop

walking a beat is a deterrent measure because the visible presence means that the window of opportunity for noticeable crimes is curtailed

however these days it's often the case that cameras can do the same work

probably this, but understand that you'll get yourself beaten, raped, killed or infected if you really run into the kind of people you think you're going to run into

m8 people with military training are the worst cunts for this

they're also the ones we end up taking to the crazy bin most often when there's a domestic violence call, because they all think they've got training and can take on two fat cops

tasers and spray don't even get used to take most of them down, it's just a baton slap to knock them down and then those two fat cops sit on them

fyi that's why cops are fat, it's hilarious to watch

Is this the guy who pepper sprayed a pregnent lady?

>be engineer
>make super suit
>basing super identity off of Blue Beetle

You will need:
>cellphone
>flashlight
>pepper spray
>social skills

How to:
>inform your neighbors that you want to help making the neighborhood safer by patroling the streets during the night. Let them know who the fuck you are, if you're using a costume make sure it doesn't make you look like a robber or something and make sure to show them during the day. You don't want to get shot or have the cops on your ass
>if you see a crime happening call the police
>if you see someone who's hurt call an ambulance. Don't try to do first-aid unless you KNOW how to do it
>basically call the people who are trained to deal with shit

Don't:
>interfere, unless you want shit to escalate and get killed
>act like a creepy motherfucker
>try to be a super hero
>think you're invincible

I used to kick kid's asses if they were picking on other kids in school

I did a whole bunch of shit to try and train for doing the same in the real world then I realized shit doesn't work that way when you live in a sleepy little midwestern town.

Once you get out of school no one ever goves you a reason to fight them.

>walking a beat is a deterrent measure because the visible presence means that the window of opportunity for noticeable crimes is curtailed
Statistics don't show that walking a beat reduces crime. You also didn't mention any of my other points...

>EMT here
finally, an actual hero among us. Thanks for the wisdom, even if it's falling on mostly deaf ears.

>be in high school
>always thought about becoming a superhero
>one day see this kid getting beaten by bullies
>proceed to help him
>already thought about the plan to fight them
>pull off a guy who was kicking him
>he looks at me and punches me in the stomach
>he starts kicking me
>they beat the cheat out of both of us for a while and then go away
>at least they'll get tired faster now
LiVING THE VIGILANTES LIFE

Holy shit you need a tutorial on being a vigilante, just buy a fucking gun and walk around shitty parts of town at night hoping someone tries to mug you.

This
It's self defense too

If you want to help people, join the police or something.

If you just want fame and glory, fuck off.

And he has to dress up like an idiot while doing it because...?

>buy a gun with the intent of killing criminals
>go out of your way to walk around a shitty neighborhood hoping to get mugged
>self defence
How? I imagine that after the third or fourht time you put someone down the police will thinks somethings up. Unless you plan to flee after killing them and be branded a serial killer or something

>Be 14 and stupid.
>Really want to be a vigilante
>Sneak away from home and prowl for crime in the local park, a crime-prone area
>Walking around with a beanie in the late night, searching for innocents to defend
>Late at night
>Notice a woman walking home alone
>Approach her to offer her help
>She thinks I'm a mugger and runs away
>Later hear police reporting on an unidentified mugger prowling in the area
>Tend to avoid the park from then on

FIGHTING FOR THOSE WHO FEAR AND HATE ME

IT IS OUR DESTINY TO FIGHT AND PROTECT THE INNOCENTS
ONE DAY THEY WILL REALIZE OUR TRUE INTENTS AND ACCEPT US AS THEIR HEROES

reallifesuperheroes.com/2011/07/05/nyx/

White guy here, it didn't go as planned...

>>social skills
I'm out

>He found out it was me who called the police eventually
How? Don't just gloss over that stuff, this is the sort of shit that deters people from calling the cops. It needs to be remedied so they don't end up defaulting to vigilantism.

>White
I thought he was mexican or something?

no one cares about Mexicans killing blacks, he got an upgrade for the press.

Love how none these guys have anything close to the physique of their fictional counterparts.

lol yall niggas gon die

maybe the golden age, when capes were drawn like humans, not roided out monsters

>high school
>in calculus
>find out some kids made a copy of all the answers of all the tests in calculus
>for 2 or 3 tests the kids that cheated fucked up the curve for the kids who didn't cheat
>send anonymous email to teacher
>they all get caught
>some buff Korean kid finds out it was me
>tells me to meet him in the parking lot after school
>I'm a skinny Asian kid, but I don't back down from fights
>go to parking lot after school
>nigga even doesn't show up
>he never speaks to me again for the remainder of high school

That's the extent of my vigilantism.

The chick on the left is only doing this so she can fufill her soft exhibition fetish, isn't she.

Why do I have the urge to rape her?

Nigga that's snitchin

Try not to end up like this guy:
nydailynews.com/news/national/vigilante-ninja-arrested-pennsylvania-article-1.1429621

Nice, found another guy who tried to do the same thing. Both ended up getting arrested.

thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/4696393/man-dresses-as-ninja-to-fight-crime-but-ends-up-getting-arrested.html

Step one: don't be an attention whore and put yourself in front of cameras
Step two: try not to get murdered
Step three: give up after a week because you made some mistake and someone innocent suffered because of your actions you dumb fuck

Pepper spray.
>thirteen allergens that are in fatal doses, even a peanut allergic person may die from exposure
Tazer.
>varying degrees of usefulness on top of killing roughly 4% of the population if everyone was tazed at least once and 13% if tazed twice

Enjoy administrating fatal fractures to skulls and internal injuries to people who get away and bleed to death.

jesus

fuck the perps, what are you gonna do when their family sue you in civil court, kiss yer billions goodby Mr. Wayne.

Fucking snitch

You want to be a vigilante? You want to make change? Here are two ways.

One is to be rich. I mean, MASSIVELY rich. Be so rich you can throw money at anything and see results. But the odds of you having that kind of money are low, so here's step #2.

First, build yourself up in your local community and get the reputation of a nice, smart person. Help out at local libraries with teens doing homework, help old ladies, do things that put you out at the forefront of the local newspaper and do them seemingly selflessly.

Once you've done that, then there's step two, run for a local office. Not a high one, go for mayor if it's a small town, or something like a PTA first if it's a big one. Win, because you're held up as a local hero already. Eventually, become mayor. Do a good job. Make yourself loved, introduce good ideas, all that jazz. Be like fucking Andy Griffith and make that town your Mayberry. Do so well, that when you try Step three, run for governor, you win based on good campaigning, good record and good public standing. Now, win.

Once you win, you are the governor. You have control over your state's budget. Allocate money to the police force, enough so that they can afford to not only keep the town safe, but so that they can keep it safe responsibly. We don't want any riots or some shit, but we do want good cops. And make sure you keep it uncorrupt.

Congratulations, if you followed these steps, you have saved your town/city.

well OP, you're going to need an arch nemesis.

All you need op is a concealed gun
Proof: m.youtube.com/watch?v=COWeUENnEQA

guns: y/n?

>be """""vigilante"""""
>dress in all black and sneak around the neighborhood while carrying weapon
>scare locals
>maybe get shot by them or police
>look like an idiot
this is your future OP
>Spiderman

>Snitch because salty that you didn't study and relied on a curve.

I wonder what happened to the buff Korean Vigilante in the story that was about to serve some justice?

Yes guns, because anyone in this thread is not going to intimidate anyone with any Unbreakable Skin, if you know what I mean.

You did the wrong thing

Remember back in 2008 when Anonymous took on Scientology? This is my favorite part of that entire saga.

articles.latimes.com/2008/nov/24/local/me-scientology24

>be special operative
>wear fancy luchador mask
That's as far as you can get because this is real life.

I think you were in the right, user.

Fuck cheaters. They're scum.

user would have been in the right if he actually stood by his principles and in person snitched to the teacher. Instead he cowered behind a computer desk talking shit about others.... Oh god I am user.

>Oh god I am user
One of us
One of us
One of us

snitching is easy, fun, and the right thing to do

>>end up working as a mall cop
Nothing wrong with that.

My name is the Red Crowbar. I don't fight crime in cities, but I do good shit. My costume is a pair of sunglasses and a Red Crowbar. Sometimes people come up and ask why I've got a Red Crowbar. Because if I don't have a Red Crowbar then I don't have time to take stupid questions

A few years ago I moonlighted on here as the storytimer "Hajtand, The Vigilante Judge"(I loved Judge Dredd, what can i say?) even came up with an extensive backstory of how my hypothetical rookie brother got killed on his first day out and I picked up his mantle, naming myself after the Swedish word for "sharktooth".

If I ever become an irl vigilante, I couldn't ask for a better blueprint than a Mega-City Judge

People whine about "snitches" because they don't like getting caught doing stupid shit

I didn't sign up to watch you assholes' backs. If you do some shit that's making my life difficult and I have the opportunity to fuck you over, I'm going to take it.

People whine about Snitches in this case because it is glorified Tattling. Look up the difference between Tattling and telling on someone. user had something to gain by doing this, and really the damage done is minimal and in part due to the other students' lack of preparation. The cheaters didn't make the test harder, they didn't hurt anyone. Is it a shitty thing to do, yes, is it worth getting these students' in trouble, depends if you are a tattle tale or a citizen. Think of it this way if they were your friends would you still have told on them? If the answer is no, than obviously you are a snitch.

Sorry to go off topic, just thought I would share why people do not like snitches. I know there is a culture of watching your back against the man, but I am talking about small cases like this.

>be me
>be EMT
>get an emergency call of some 20 something who was brutally beaten
>get him he's in a black and red jumpsuit with a black and red mask with a spade painted on the side
>has two wooden bully clubs, one is covered in blood
>he's pretty bloodied up too, says he can walk and walks gingerly to our ambulance
>ask what happened
>tells us his name is Ace and he was patrolling the park
>tells us he saw some kids trying to break into a vending machine
>tells them to stop
>they proceed to beat his ass
>tell colleague to be careful with the bloody baton because the blood might be useful for PD to catch the kids
>"Ace" tells me it's not their blood
>apparently the kids sodomized him with his own fucking baton

Why do you autists do this? Do you think you're going to be the next Daredevil? You're going to get killed

Because they're autists, user.

>>apparently the kids sodomized him with his own fucking baton

You know what?
It's retards that like that make life interesting. I can always bring them up by comparison to say "at least I'm not THAT fuckin' guy".