Before DC Universe Rebirth, The concept of many jokers has been discussed...

>Before DC Universe Rebirth, The concept of many jokers has been discussed, and largely a popular fan theory on Sup Forums
>After DC Universe Rebirth, The Multiple Jokers are widely panned for "being retarded" on Sup Forums

I don't get it

Because it doesn't make sense for the world's greatest detective to not realize that he has been chasing after 3 different people this whole time.

>batman
>world's greatest detective

>batman
>even an adequate detective

>a small amount of retards discuss retarded things
>one of those retarded things becomes canon
>retarded thing gets called out for being retarded
>because it is retarded
>retards act surprised when they get call out for being retarded and discussing retarded things

Where did you get lost?

But he did know.

All that stuff about not being able to stop after killing The Joker? He knew that there'd still be more left after killing one.

>three jokers

But your average deck of cards only has two.

And that's the ultimate Joke. The deck is rigged from the start, Bats!

There has to be someone to play the cards.

>3 jokers

this concept is god awful

No you see, it's brilliant because I'm just kidding, they're desperate to sell comics, if one Joker sells, clearly 3 Jokers sell thrice as much!

I don't think he has been.
>there were three
Pre-crisis, post-crisis, new 52. Ironically, this would have been the answer for almost everyone he could have asked about.

Because there's a difference between headcanon and fan theories and then the actual stories.

I doubt many people other than edgy idiots would watch the Ed, Edd and Eddy Purgatory Special or a mandatory episode of every television series ever where Tommy Westphall appears and everybody winks at the camera for a half hour.

> Joker just killed 3 people, but he's already in custody!

This has apparently never happened before, it's just coincidentally now after the chair told him everything that all the Joker's have gotten sloppy.

There could have been a good way to so this story, but we got the lazy contrived one instead.

It all makes sense now.

Are you ready for three joker on goings
>who is joker
Joker suffers amnesia and goes on a quest to find who he really is
> the batman vs joker
an ongoing about batman but told from the jokers perspective think gotham central but instead of cops jokers trying create a strret level mob
>Joker and harley
A more reformed joker and harley get back together to do good but harley has to keep acting as a psychiatrist to him

I'd kill to know how that meeting went.
>Well, I'm out of ideas, I think we're fucked, guys
>What if... what if there were 2 Jokers!
>Make it 3!
>Young man, you just saved this company!
>Please sign these papers indicating you did not save this company.

Isn't that the beauty of it though? Batman's already mentally unstable and obsessive, is it that much of a stretch?

Someone dresses up as the Joker claiming to be him and he kinda looks like him? I can see Batman flying off the handle and beating the living shit out of that "Joker" and just making him the new Joker in his eyes.

Also it's great to imagine that Dick, Jason, and Tim have gotten introduced to their own Joker and have no idea there's different ones.

>There will be a fourth Joker at the end of this.

But what about Alfred?

Trick question, Alfred was one of the Jokers.

The three Jokers are Alfred, Thomas, and Martha. This has all been a 30 year+ prank on Bruce.

what batman comic is this?

>The concept of many jokers has been discussed, and largely a popular fan theory on Sup Forums

No it wasnt
>Isn't that the beauty of it though? Batman's already mentally unstable and obsessive, is it that much of a stretch?

This is the perfect post, this is the kind of person that will like this:

Idiots that actually believe Johns hav ing a say on batman is a good idea, people that doesnt read batman comics, people that read a Dixon comic and says "wow batman is pretty crazy"

Remember when a large number of people genuinely wished that New 52 Joker was a new character because it wasn't "their" Joker? Even past DOTF, remember when Endgame Joker was treated the same way in comparison to Pre-52 Joker and New 52 Joker?

This is literally their answer to that and it makes me laugh how people are suddenly throwing a fit over it.

This why people like you guys need to leave this board. Go to tumblr. Fuck you

no seriously what comic? so i can look it up and read this

It's stupid because reinterpretation has occurred so long its been accepted. Bruce has changed even more drastically, why arent there 3 of him?

Wait, wait, wait. People think Batman is a sane person? People think a man using his wealth to dress up as a Bat is a sane person.

>why arent there 3 of him?

Hey, quit spoiling the next relaunch!

"Whatever Happened to the Caped Crusader?"

It's the funeral storyarc for when he died in Final Crisis.

>Bruce has changed even more drastically, why arent there 3 of him?

Bruce's old versions aren't canon. Nobody EVER goes "Hey, remember when you used to use a gun or drop people off roofs to their death?"

On the other hand, comics all the time go "Hey, remember when Joker used to just be a silly prankster...and then all of a sudden he turned into a serial killer? That was weird, right?"

Mob Boss Joker (Pre crisis)
Rich Joker (Golden age)
Psycho Joker. (New 52)

>Wait, wait, wait. People think Batman is a sane person? People think a man using his wealth to dress up as a Bat is a sane person.

Oliver queen is surely insane, and that ted kord, boy, he is fucking nuts.

>Bruce's old versions aren't canon

They are.

daily reminder that writer' make batman retarded because they have no idea how to write the most basic hack-style pulp detectoring stories

>Detective work

>In modern batman

>implying Oliver and Ted only view themselves as "Green Arrow" and "Blue Beetle"

>implying Oliver is mentally unstable and cant keep a relationship (sorry Dinah)

>implying Ted has a house filled of 10 year olds that he endangers every night

>implying just having money makes you crazy

>Talking about the dangers of traveling in space

>Using large gliding batwings in a vacuum environment

Grant Morrison stop shitposting on Sup Forums, you have a magazine to run now.

Having stories align with popular fan theories is retarded

Even Grant never included 1939 gun Batman in his "it's all canon" references.

>Before Rebirth DC fans talked about DC
>After Rebirth Mouseketeers are on full marketing mode

thats all it is

Because fan theories are always retarded.

Solar sails

Whatever Happened to the Caped Crusader. Batman 686 I believe.

>>implying Oliver and Ted only view themselves as "Green Arrow" and "Blue Beetle"
Bruce doesnt do that, but you don't read comics
>>implying Oliver is mentally unstable and cant keep a relationship (sorry Dinah)
If anything he has been unstable more times than Batman, as for Ted the only relationship he ever had was pretty gay
>>implying Ted has a house filled of 10 year olds that he endangers every night
And batman does?
>>implying just having money makes you crazy
I didnt that, but you are a casual

>Hey remember when Joker used to be just a silly prankster... and then all of a sudden he turned into a serial killer?
Can you find me one reference of this happening that ISN'T the Secret Origins Special page with the Riddler? Preferably post 52.

Oh hey just like when we all thought Joker was immor-......OH WAIT! Point is this will be a fake out that will mean nothing in the long run, just like HYDRA Cap. Watch they'll say he's a evil spirit or parasite that possesses bodies, and then later backtrack saying "Oh the chair was wrong" or "Batman wasnt clear with his question and there are 2 other entities in this universe called joker"

I'm sure it'll be retconned in a year.

I'm not an encyclopedia and neither is my hard drive. All I can tell you is I've seen it referenced on at least three seperate occasions not even counting that Riddler page. Scenes with Bruce and Dick talking to each other about the good old days when he was a Robin, or of characters discussing how Batman used to be more cheerful and his life used to be easier when he first started and Joker turning dark and all the fucked up shit he did like killing Jason and crippling Barbara is why 90's/00's-era Bruce gradually became so much more of a closed-off, antisocial douche to his allies.

None of them were post-Flashpoint though, not that that matters anymore thanks to Rebirth.