Why do plebs insist that the sequel is better than the original?

Why do plebs insist that the sequel is better than the original?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=eIRQQjVYQ78
youtube.com/watch?v=AuUqpZgHiEE
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Because it is.

deal with it

Because they saw T2 first. They'e both pretty good but T1 is the better film.

T2 is arguably the best action film ever made.

The Terminator is definitely not arguably the best sci-fi film ever made.

Because it is.

/thread.

Why do people feel the need to argue a stupid point to feel special ?

Unironically, childhood is thinking T2 and Aliens are the better movies. Adulthood is realizing T1 and Alien are superior.

T2 and Aliens are still fucking fantastic though.

Top this.

T1 is tech-noir horror kino. T2 is a great action arnold flick.

T-1000

Sarah Connor is cooler in the second one.

Superior action.

More thought provoking themes.

Special effects make the first Terminator look bad.

The Terminator is great, I love it, but T2 takes everything established by the first and does it bigger and better.

FUcking Rekt

Reply to my post if you drive around at night doing this.

First one was a masterpiece in the terms of atmosphere. The feel of being put up against an unstoppable killing machine brought thrill and horror. While the second one is definitely an excellent movie, it just doesn't have that feel because now you have said unstoppable killing machine on your side.

youtube.com/watch?v=eIRQQjVYQ78

That soundtrack is so fucking awesome.

Yeah, but The Terminator has the funniest scenes and the better soundtrack.

youtube.com/watch?v=AuUqpZgHiEE

why the fuck does he have no eyebrows

>muh unstoppable killing machine

Get outta here.

people like T2 better because it's more family friendly, having some Chad cyborg badass as a pet is a fun fantasy.

Kyle Reese>>>>>>>>>>>T-800

The tension and atmosphere was so much strong in the original. The second was more grandiose, but lost much of its suspense and sense of dread

Nailed it. Not saying two isn't good, just the first was on a completely other level.
The police shootout scene still gives me chills.

>mfw imagining this user doing that

They burned off in an earlier scene.

It's more fun, you can't bully me into changing my opinion.

this

+ this

With that criteria, Michael Bay is a genius.

Terminator feels like a horror movie.

Terminator 2 is a fun action movie. It has Arnie as the good guy, funny quips, and an emotionally rewarding ending. It's more crowd pleasing. That's why it gets loved more by plebs.

Terminator 2 should never happened. The story doesn't even make sense when held up against the rules of the original. Case in point, the reason the future visitors always arrive naked is because the time machine can only send living tissue.

Arnie gets a pass because he's a robot surrounded by living tissue. But there's no fucking explanation for how the completely metal T1000 was able to travel through time.

Don't compare this masterpiece moment of action to the fireworks diarrhea that Michael Bay calls action.

Yeah, it's bonkers. T2 also started the quippy, family friendly terminator that doesn't kill.

>But there's no fucking explanation for how the completely metal T1000 was able to travel through time.

After all these years there are still people who don't know that? The T-1000 arrived in a flesh cocoon. They decided not to put it in the movie because they thought some people would find it disturbing, disgusting or confusing. Google it.

>The T-1000 arrived in a flesh cocoon

Why not just send a nuke back in a flesh covered cocoon then? John Connor would have had no fucking chance. Skynet was the dumbest fucking speccy level AI ever.

Time travel is like brain surgery. Tiny incisions.
You don't want to drop a huge rock in the river of time. That might change the flow so severely that the future that originally included you will no longer include you.

The fuck is it with people's obsession with it being different = being worse? It didn't try to do the same thing as the first. It did it's own thing and was better for it.

Ok that actually makes sense. Now I'm mad cause you derailed my argument.