Captain Marvel in Age of Ultron

Danvers was originally going to appear in the 3rd act of Age of Ultron when Fury arrives with the helicarrier. Concept art and FX plates were even produced.

Would her inclusion have made the movie better?

That outfit looks straight out of the earlier X-Men movies. AKA it looks shit.

>Would her inclusion have made the movie better?

Not really. The movie was already cluttered. I doubt adding another element would fix that.

Still better then her current costume.

I like it. More Ms. Marvel than Captain Feminazi.

Add a red scarf and I'm in.

Movie already had way too many fucking characters, she would exacerbate problems.

I would have preferred they simply included Falcon, whose absence was palpable after his inclusion earlier in the film. But Carol being there would be a nice surprise.

Well, it's an obvious fake.

Just replacing War Machine with Carol would have been awesome. Fury says he has some surprise and it was fucking War Machine. What a let down. Now CAROL would have blown everybody away.

No because then she would have gotten an annoying push in Civil War, and Scarlet Witch would have had no part.

Because they haven't introduced Carol yet they were pretty much forced to give Wanda a decent part in Civil War as the only superpowered woman around. Even though she's a shared-rights character and Marvel publishing would prefer Carol be the big cheese.

that looks like current comic Mockingbird

What a weird looking costume. Why bother? The ANAD costume works just fine for MCU tacticool.

Nah pic related is better

I prefer the ANAD costume, too. Especially as a potential live-action design.

I'm one of those people who doesn't really mind the Captain Marvel costume, cowl aside. My only real problem with it is the utter inconsistency of Carol's hairstyle. It feels like no one can decide what it's supposed to actually look like.

>we went from to

I don't like bull dyke carol.

Agreed. The hair is all over the place.

Pic is from the same series.

Mockingbird?

The scene where Wanda floats down at the end of AoU was originally shot for Carol's introduction. Feige decided not to introduce her yet so he just put Wanda in front of the background they'd already filmed.

Makes me wonder if Wanda was even supposed to be in Civil War.

Not a fan of the 'Super Prostitute' costume design

>>>/Tumblr/

It's still her best costume. Cockrum loved them sashes.

Looks fake

>not based Soy

what do you have against prostitutes, tumblr? Some women like getting paid for sex. You're trying to take away her agency now? Filthy misogynierd, get off my board!

E

Any other choice is incorrect.

Maaaaaaybe C with a few minor changes.

E > C > B > D >A

Karla's costume>>>>All Carol's costumes

But that's just Carol's second costume.

depends
if she would have just lightened the tone more

I like angry alt universe Carol.

Its iconic, hot and powerful all at the same time

But we gotta be fucking realistic the only way we get that costume is if the actress asks for it.

Other than Molina thinking it was still a fauxhawk and Rodriguez making it an undercut, it's been pretty consistent in ANAD.

They are similar but have some differences. Namely boots and gloves and the underwear/bottoms part is a bit different.

But I mean yeah to keep things simple we can just say the 2nd one.

We know we're getting Carol, but what about best friend? What would she look like?

This Costume with

This hair.

Or just pic related.

Carol's new hairstyle is retarded.

Probably just a SWORD uniform if she's in it all, realistically.

Wanda's her best friend and don't let Bendis tell you different.

This

Needs to lose the jacket part and just turn it into a one piece suit and it would be pretty top tier.

Only if she could block Hawkeye from the bullets and Quicksilver could live

>is a USAF Colonel
>her superhero title basically demotes her unless Captains rank higher within the Kree military system

This will never not bother me.

Hope they don't kill SW and Vision in IW then.

I really hope Jess is her partner in Carol's sequel at some point. They would make a good duo and God knows Jess needs a character overall. Which by the way I love that design, sad that its miles better than anything shes had

Hopefully the MCU lasts long enough for a Secret Invasion.

Her hair looks better longer. This current androgynous carol is shit.

Wasn't her cameo just meant to be showing up with the new Avengers at the end, where Wanda was put instead?

This is the first time I've heard she was meant to be with Fury on the carrier.

>tfw Kamala secretly decided to wear a muslim swimsuit as her costume to mirror Carol
>tfw Kamala actually hates Carol's modern suit
I can't wait for Civil War II breaks Kamala completely away from Carol.

>Based russos fix Secret Invasion

Muh dick!

Take B and put the scarf around her waist.

Not really, they had plenty of flying brick, beam shooters on hand anyway. She'd just be the other blond who's in tight leather instead of pseudo-viking shit and she'd have no idea what's going on or any relevance to it compared to Rhodey who at least was shown at the party mingling earlier on.

D seems like a good choice

I think her short hair looks great, as long as Anka's drawing it.

There were fanfiction-level "leaks" that had her show up as a government-sponsored hero threatening the Avengers over Ultron, presumably to set up Civil War.

I'd rather Carol be introduced as destitute dishonorably discharged drunk who redeems herself as she becomes Captain Marvel.

>Put her at the party
>Have her and Falcon, Rhodey bant about the Air Force
>Drop a line about consequences for helping the Avengers

Honestly, Carol would have fit perfectly in AoU. Fitting her in Civil War would be a bitch though.

Is Carol supposed to appear in Infinity War or are they holding her off until the solo?

Depends on if you believe Feige (no) or El Maybe (yes) more.

Personal theory? Mar-Vell is going to play a part in the introduction of Thanos, and IW will set up Carol's backstory, though it will not outright include her getting powers.

They've hinted she'll be in the first part of Infinity War.

Anyway there's no way they'd put her in a movie without giving her a test run in another movie first. The Black Panther method - introduce him in someone else's movie and take care of his origin story there - seems to be working.

For what it's worth, a month ago Fiege said they're going to hold off introducing her until her solo movie now instead of using another movie to debut her.

I tend to forget Wanda's young as shit compared to the rest of the Avengers

Strange will trick Thanos into thinking Wanda is dead (just like the comics), enabling her to sustain Vision to undermine Thanos from within the Mind Gem.

Love this costume but there must be at least a reason why she looks like this in the MCU, like with Spider-Man and Scarlet Witch.

Cause she's a gym junky and likes to show off her body. Done

Emily Blunt, get her fit (which she has proved she easily can in Edge of Tomorrow), and with long hair.
Done, put her in whatever outfit you want, my dick will already be satisfied.

Haven't seen anyone dress in a leotard in the gym and that would make her even more of a whore than Black Widow and Carol's not that.

She's 33 man. She'll be 36 by the time her movie starts up. Too old. They need someone in their 20s. Don't forget, these are basically 10 year contracts.

"SHE'S A KID!"

The most I see the black suit getting any sort of appearance is a leather jacket with a lightning patch or something

Chadwick Boseman's like 36 and he's supposed to be like nearly as old as Cap and Black Widow. Why not be introduced to a woman that already has superhero experience but is not a shithead like Jessica Jones?

I would be absolutely okay with Holland Spidey developing a huge crush on Danvers when they meet.

>black
>cracking
And he's 39 too

Imagine Holland and Blunt together.

you know that image is fake, right?

And she just teases him relentlessly.

Feige pls

She was. Her and Pietro were around Bobby's age when they first showed up in X-Men working for the Brotherhood. They'd probably be in their mid 20s now

Is that suppose to be MODOK?

I call bullshit. They don't even have a solid outline on her solo film yet and they would've already locked-in the casting choice that early?

Bullshit.

Give her sash/scarf and the bolt symbol since that's her symbol as her first costume.

Once Mar-Vell croaks she takes the Hala Star in his honor.

Feige has said there was never a chance they would have casted that early, he was just humoring Whedon.

>"SHE'S A KID!"
The writers of Civil War said that they wrote it so that the rest of the Avengers tried to pretend she is an innocent child, because they were trying to make her as harmless as possible in their own minds. The Avengers cast are genuinely afraid of her powers, and treating her like a teenager is their way of dealing with it.

Yes, I agree with this compromise.

>"H-Hi Im *ahem* Im Spider Man. So you're new here huh? I'm kinda new too. Last time I fought him......and him..........that guy was WAY bigger when I fought him....am I talking too much? I'll just shut up and listen to Caps plan........You're so cool

And possibly because she's young.
Looking at the way she dresses, she's probably 21 or something.

>everyone is out to protect the daughterfu of the Avengers

This. They need to get an actress that doesn't age but also doesn't look like she's stuck in her teens (see McAdams, Banks, Theron, Chastain) -- BUT -- they need one of those at her late 20's, so they can keep her for 10 years. Any 30+ year old is too old and will be 45 by the time it's over. There's no ensurance in Blunt or Winnick or any of the others to stay looking like they are 10 years from now. She should be about the same age as Cap was in TFA.

Also, give her the ANAD if you must, but keep her hair long. Long hair + sash will look badass in flight and is much more dynamic in movement, without looking like a turbodike for affirmative action. Pixie cuts makes people look like they want to talk to the manager.

Russo said Wanda's key to winning Infinity War.

Infinity War part 1 is supposed to be the closest we get to Vision and The Scarlet witch.

Well, they only said Infinity War, who knows if it's the first or second one.

>Vision's finally gonna get his waifu
They grow up so fast

>Dormer

You realize she was in the first Captain America movie, right?

Forgot pic.

I thought she had pretty big tits from just looking at that uniform only to learn that they're all saggy.

>She should be about the same age as Cap was in TFA.
I think he was in his mid to late 20s. Johansson and Hemsworth were probably around the same age too for what it's worth

This costume is cool as fuck and it's a shame we abandoned it

Man, if they were butthurt about it being a swimsuit, they could have gotten the leggings to join up with the suit. Or make it look like the one Ms. Marvel had in the Inhumans Secret War mini

Never read any Captain Marvel comic nor know anything about her or her series. Is she a good character? What the shit is the difference between Captain Marvel and Ms Marvel? Are there any Sup Forums recommended reading lists?

Yeah. That sounds about right.

They are tipping over to older actors a bit, which makes sense since a lot of them perform stunts with a mask on, but Carol should be young-ish and spry, without looking like a teenager.

They need a female Paul Rudd, who looks like he's in his 30's from 17 to 50. Heck, breed him with Rachel McAdams or Elizabeth Banks and use their offspring.

>Is she a good character?
No

>What the shit is the difference between Captain Marvel and Ms Marvel?
Marvel trying to shove Carol in our faces as Captain to make it seem like she's important

>Are there any Sup Forums recommended reading lists?
Busiek Avengers, Reed's Ms. Marvel

Before or after apologizing for putting her in jail?