Christians of Sup Forums, do I have Free Will?

If not, does that mean God leads people to Sin and thus to Hell?

Which God?

That's the word they use to define the originator of the laws of the world and the world itself

You have Free Will, but its up to you to exercise it according to the Bible. If God wanted to, He could simply control us like a puppetmaster, but He didn't create man so that he could control them forcibly.

>being Christian
>believing in free-will
t. ex-Catholic

>free will
define your term

Isaiah 57:15
Ponder that.

Humans are sentient beings capable of choosing or rejecting God

God does not directly interfere in our moral choices

Yes,but not in the physical world.

Kek.
>They
who is they my good friend?

If by "freewill" you mean the ability to choose otherwise, then no.
One can choose what one wills, but one cannot will what one wills.

Does that mean one is not responsible for one's own actions? No. Freewill is not necessary for moral accountability. We shouldn't look at libertarian freewill as the basis for moral accountability, rather we should look at whether a person was coerced in the relevant sense or whether the action was sufficiently free of coercion. If a person's actions were uncoerced in the relevant sense, then they are responsible for their actions.

This is the quote
>Man can do* what he wills but he cannot will what he wills.

Man can use one will to control another. We are neither robots nor machines

So, you're saying essentially that you can't choose your freewill?

Does that mean some people have more freewill than others?

Compatabilism with a deity entails the actions of individuals being planned by the deity himself, making OP's statement the fact of the matter

Join Calvinism! We're depressingly energetic! :D

Do you have any idea what the internet does to your subconscious, dumbfuck?

Especially you as a white dude

I think ultimately God has a plan for us, but it's up to us whether to follow that path or not.

That is a red herring.

All I am saying is that God intentionally made each individual sin should he exist and grant compatabilistic 'free' will to his creatures.

OP said Christians you mong

Yes you have free will.

He christian lord doesnt send people to hell out of spite, he doesnt even really send them there.

Basically it is explained as this: you end up in the place most aligned with how you lived you mortal life. If you lived your life a sinful shitty person, a life without god, hen you will end up in a place where god is not present. Since god is all that is good, a place without him can only be bad

Your actions on earth send the message of what kind of world you want to live in, one with, or without god. Its your choice

No it isn't.

The fact that you come here almost everyday to vent about the laws that prevent you from harassing and oppressing people who don't look like you illustrates the point.

Bretty gud

So suppose a buddhist or taoist that explicity sides in neither good nor evil as a way to transcend opposition.

You hate minorities on a subconscious level, and this place helps your sickness.

Forgot to mention that this explains why good people who dont beleive in the lord still go to hell. You can be super altruistic, but if you deny god, therefore deny his love, he will grant your wish and send you to a place where he doesnt exist, hell.

Except of course you must accept that God intentionally made this for his own plan to be fulfilled given all creatures can only go in a certain trajectory.

This has been set by God to the predestination of the elect which happened before the foundation of the world

Either way you are not answering the point

Yes, you have free will.

Blind yourself and you will see

No need I live in New England and I assure you I don't have to deal with melanated individuals in my daily life at all.

>God is omniscient; it knows all and can see all
>except for certain things like what I'm going to do
>so, forget what I said earlier about it being all-knowing

Either God knows all -- which includes everything it and you will and won't do, period -- or, its knowledge is limited -- which isn't very Godlike.

You can't have your cake and eat it, too.

If you dont side with good then you dont side with god, since he is all that is good in the univers, its the same outcome

Just because he knows the outcome does not mean that it wasn't free will. You are being silly.

God knows all.

He has a plan for everyone, and tries to steer you in that direction, but allows you to make up your own mind.

He still knows all and sees all

I recommend everyone here becoming a Jehovah's Witness. No such thing as Hell and Heaven will be here on Earth after Armageddon. Also, don't vote. This is Satan's world temporarily. Who did Jesus vote for? No one!

What is the lake of fire then?

Think of time as a gem. Each face is a moment. While we look at each polished face individualy, god can see the whole gem. You have will to make your actions, god just exist where youve already made all your decisions

I am, OP has free will in the physical world.

But the fact that he probably asks himself at least once a day
>Is X white?
Has poisoned his mind. He could be a more productive person in society if he became more tolerant, thus making him a happy person. But he will not.

As a black man, am I destined to have a better life than you?

Also,say you respect me as a black man over the internet.
If you say yes you win this internet argument.
If you don't reply, I win.

JW was created by Jesuits to mislead Protestants. There is nothing sinful about casting a vote.

Ya see!

You don't even want to see black people.

Your brain is misted up!

Yeah, duh. You have free will. It's atheists like Sam Harris you see trying to say that we don't have free will. This isn't a coincidence. It's a big problem for the atheist claim.

Vote for Clinton

/thread

it doesn't matter if you do or don't, because only way you are going to be able to live is to believe that you do.

If you're a Methodist, yes. If you're a Calvinist, no. If you're a Catholic, yeah, but they consider pedophiles to be gatekeepers to heaven for some reason.

If Comptatibilism is true and God exists, God made your life what it is as means of actualizing his plan if he is as Calvin conceived him to be.

Either way, individuals act on emotional
dispositions and rationalization. So, any act of hating minorities stem from either a negative emotional connection(this alone can be vetoed) or reasoning that provides justification for such hate(can be vetoed by feels).

Either way the individual ends up having some degree of control, depending on willpower and intent

“There are only two kinds of people in the end: those who say to God, "Thy will be done," and those to whom God says, in the end, "Thy will be done." All that are in Hell, choose it. Without that self-choice there could be no Hell. No soul that seriously and constantly desires joy will ever miss it. Those who seek find. Those who knock it is opened.”

>give people free will
>fry them forever if they actually use it

Do any of you people even know what free will even is?

>Do I have free will

Yes, now stop jerking to animu

monotheists

Nope. We're nature defined, therefore all of our actions have a background; a way of working.
And choice isn't "free will" because of propaganda
And our way to decode reality is heavily limited by our experience
And there isn't a source of individuality because we're fragmented and mutually dependent.

That's the ultimate red pill

How can anyone have free will? I'm not trying to bait, this question honestly bothers me a lot.

Either our brains are just a series of chemical reactions which have a set result, making it so that everything we do, say, or think would be set in stone.

Or, everything is random at the quantum level, and our "choices" are simply the result of chance.

What is free will? How can it be explained?

>Just because he knows the outcome does not mean that it wasn't free will

Except that's exactly what it means, product of the worst first world education system.

It's not really free will. It means everything is determined.

Free Will (Random Factor)
Natural Law (Fixed Factor)

You are free to act as you please, but there are consequences to violating others who have not violated you. That's it. There's a balance in all things.

None of us are free.

"but He didn't create man so that he could control them forcibly."

Sure, that's the Christian view.

The Muslim view is that Allah is a puppet master. Hence the term "Inshallah" because Muslims are hoping Allah puppetmasters what they want.

Knowing what is going to happen and causing it to happen are two completely separate things.

For God, a being that experiences all of time as a single, constant present, it isn’t so much “seeing the future” as it is “seeing”.

The human equivalent would be claiming that you caused the sun to rise because you observed it.

>Free Will
There's no such thing.

There are consequences for our actions, otherwise it wouldn't be called free will.

>There's no such thing.
you didn't post that, God moved your fingers, rite?

I don't believe in god either.

And how do you know that the consequence of disagreeing with your particular religion is hell? How do you know the Muslims aren't right, and you won't fry forever for making the free choice of not praising Muhammed, the seal of the prophets?

Or you are stuck in the materialist framework, where the only thing of importance are chemicals. The only way to get an explanation is to use a different framework.

He does know all but chooses not to ,to level with us humans

As others said above rejecting God in life, while lead to rejection of God in death aka hell. For the question of which religion is right, I have faith in God as the supreme good, which will judge based on his infinite knowledge of good/evil.

>For the question of which religion is right, I have faith in God as the supreme good, which will judge based on his infinite knowledge of good/evil.

So does a Muslim, and you can't both be right, since you both claim to be the only right one. At least one of you will be very disappointed

Why would the afterlife be worse than Muslims, IN THIS WORLD, burning people for questioning Mohammad?

>Why would the afterlife be worse than Muslims, IN THIS WORLD, burning people for questioning Mohammad?

A few centuries ago, I could have asked the same question about Christianity, so that's a moot point

the way i see it, we have free will but he knows everything, he knows how many are going to be saved, how many are going to be condemned, everything

Qur’an 18:83-86—And they ask you about Dhul-Qarnain. Say: “I shall recite to you something of his story.” Verily, We established him in the earth, and We gave him the means of everything. So he followed a way. Until, when he reached the setting place of the sun, he found it setting in a spring of black muddy (or hot) water. And he found near it a people.

Sunan Abu Dawud 3991—Abu Dharr said: I was sitting behind the Apostle of Allah who was riding a donkey while the sun was setting. He asked: Do you know where this sets? I replied: Allah and his Apostle know best. He said: It sets in a spring of warm water.

I am pretty sure that christfags will do better then mudslimes scripture wise

One of the biggest mistakes moh makes is stealing stories from the people of the book then changes it a little bit. But makes fatal errors with

>pic related vs noah, if allah just raises dead people after 100 years why does noah has to go in a boat?

>not believing in deterministic free will

absolute plebian

Yes there is free will but there are some situations which makes it impossible for people like us to to take control
People think their worship's some key to make things better(conditions in your favour). That's just how he owns you
Everyone who believes in god is just a ignorant addict who want their hit of ignorance in check by praying

Man broke promise made to God.
Adam ate fruit from a Tree of the knowledge of good and evil
There weren't evil before.
It's all thanks to that God must acknowledge that we wanted to know what is good and evil and because of that he must allow us to see evil by ourselves or acknowledge that we aren't capable of making decisions and take it back
He won't take ours free will