How to make floppies not suck

How can comics make buying floppies monthly not a totally horrible way to enjoy a story?

You can't. Death to floppies

Literally nothing, floppies suck

No, we need to fix OGNs (which are currently just floppy stories bloated to 6 issues length somehow) before we kill floppies

>people are getting too impatient to even watch TV shows weekly and prefer to just watch the whole thing in one go on Netflix
>I have an idea, let's tell our stories monthly
Just switch to trades

How about if they made them into magazines with like interviews news, and fan letters. Then take four or five floppies and put them in one mag like shonen jump, then shorten the length from 20 pgs to 14 and eliminate full pages and splash pages but put them back in the release of trades that way people dont feel there buying the same story twice.

>How can comics make buying floppies monthly not a totally horrible way to enjoy a story
By pirating them and then buying tbe trades if you enjoyed them enough

I throughly enjoyed Game of Thrones grips more when I binged all 5 seasons. Waiting for episodes each week is worse than death

decrease price
increase availability

Did anybody else think he was talking about floppy disks?

Only two solutions
>$1 for each
>$0 for each

Change the distribution system so you can ship more efficiently and for a lower price.

Mandatory discount imposed by publishers once customers sing up for ten or more titles to be reserved at the lcs.

Put them everywhere again.

I should get a comic checking out at the pharmacy, or there should be one so kids can bug their parents about it just as they get their money out.

Expand on genres. Jesus, too much capeshit.

It can be done.

get out

Create a binder-like cover system that you can install the floppies in as you buy them to make in essence a hardcover TPB holder?

Then they can market those and you can archive what would normally be shitty floppies on a shelf in a way that looks nice. Win win.

Hey FUCK YOU

Why not both?

Convince America to like monthly collections? I don't know how you would do that though.

Question for Sup Forums, I have around 600 single issue comics. I spend around $15 a week on comics. But I am livening with my parents to finish college. Should I stop collecting or at least cut back to only a few? Or just keep going full blast and buying 5 a week?

Buy what you like and take care of it. No more than you can afford.

I don't even understand why you are asking.

It isn't the price really. It is more about running out of room. I don't really know what people do with the pile of boxes.

Pile them up, user.

You obviously need to get rid of some furniture.

Trade wait. You won't save that much space but some books on a shelf look neater than a box of floppies.

I like that idea, having three ring hole punched comics that you can put into a binder.

>Have 12000+ comic books, read them all

There is nothing wrong with having them in multiple formats. If you don't like single issues, don't buy them. Obviously the majority of people do prefer that format, as that is where all the money is being made.

Almost everything gets collected in trade, so if you prefer that, get that.

Use the same paper as Dark Horse.

I thought the same thing whenever I saw someone use the term floppies, I thought they meant that their comics was digital in there, until I saw this thread.

I have the same issue. I don't mind buying floppies to read as it comes out and trades of runs I really like, but I've found myself at the point I'm donating or just throwing out all the floppies of everything except the stuff I really love because they pile up quick. I'm cutting back on what I subscribe to as well because of this.

Rent an indoor storage facility that's heated.

Store all comics in there

Waste money on paper you're never going to look at more than once every couple years.

>reading comics for 15 years
>never bought a floppy
>got only collections
>always behind everyone else on current updates
>every story I read now is spoiled before I even buy it
>TFW

Single issue printed comics already do not suck.

Buy Better Comics.

This is a major reason why I dont do trades.

The reason I don't is buying single issues saves me money.