Classic movie thread is happening right now

Classic movie thread is happening right now.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=J2iBX_wGbkU
youtube.com/watch?v=JOoNOs8Ql28
youtube.com/watch?v=B62f1gQliLY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Reminds me of the babe

wtf, why?

what babe?

Is there a better girl?

Shirley Temple was a hot fucking teenager, I tell you what.

youtube.com/watch?v=J2iBX_wGbkU

no

I've only seen her really young and really old. Jaw dropped when she appeared on screen.

The Philadelphia story is my favorite. I also love Bringing up Baby, but it's not as good. I recently started watching What Ever Happened to Baby Jane, but I didn't finish yet. I just downloaded Mildred Pierce. Prior to Feud, all I had ever known of Joan Crawford was Mommie Dearest.

Gimme the Bachelor and Bobby-Soxer summary.

youtube.com/watch?v=JOoNOs8Ql28

Why don't you make good musicals anymore.

Yeah, she was wife material in this era.

Myrna Loy makes Cary Grant date teenage Shirley Temple. It's Sup Forums: The Movie.

honestly myrna loy is god tier

>Gimme the Bachelor and Bobby-Soxer summary.
It's just a fun little movie that has a very entertaining Cary Grant and Shirley Temple. She's got the hots for him (a much older man) and circumstances force him to go on a date with her. There's some touching moments and some great comedic build up (dinner table scene). It ends a little bit too soon though.

Currently watching Mildred Pierce.
Into it.

The daughter in that movie is pretty hot too.

She's a dirty slut though who even doesn't respect her mother.

I know.

Hitchcock is the best classic director no question

no
watch more films

Frank Capra bruh.

Who was the best girl of classic Hollywood, and why is it Ginger Rogers?

Also maybe Howard Hawks.

Jean Arthur gives her a run for her money.

I really do like her. She lifts up every movie she's in. But apparently she had really awful anxiety, never felt comfortable with her performances. I read she'd always be running off the set to throw up.

Meant for

Post Gish in a state of undress please. As nude as she ever was onscreen.

Yeah, apparently she was really shy at first around certain people. She said she became an actress because she didn't want to be herself.
Regardless, she's my favorite actress of the 30s.

>Oh hey, a really early Katherine Hepburn and Cary Grant romantic comedy where Hepburn spends half the movie pretending to be a young guy, this ought to give some nice laughs
>Turns out to be a complete nonsensical piece of shit with no redeeming qualities

No wonder it nearly killed Hepburn's entire career.

She was pretty great. Mr. Smith wouldn't be half the movie it is with any other actress.

Ouch. Was her performance any good at least?

I have watched plenty of classic films and I still think hitchcock was the best of his era, followed by kubrick and for this era i'm not sure maybe the coen brothers

Not even memeing.

I mean, I guess you can derive some small amusement from her pretending to be a guy and playing off Grant, but even if you're really into her as an actress her performance leaves a lot to be desired.

I will watch any movie if James Cagney is in it.

You reminded me of this

youtube.com/watch?v=B62f1gQliLY

I love Spielberg. He seems like a nice guy, and he's made some great movies. ET is one of the only movies that makes me cry. And it's not nostalgia, I only saw it a few years ago.

Thanks for this video. This is interesting.

Spielberg is definitely underrated by film snobs, they see him as just a maker of blockbuster movies but there is obviously a lot of thought put into them

No you haven't, watch Lubitsch, Sternberg and Stroheim and stop memeing.
Also early Hitchcock is very different to late Hitchcock so I don't know what you mean by his "era". I like him but watch more films before spouting dumb opinions.

Yep. He ushered in the blockbuster era, and Hollywood is worse off for it, but it's not his fault. If the blockbusters that came out today were as good as the ones he made in the 70's and 80's, I'd go to the movies every week.

Did they fuck?

I just finished it. That little bitch made me so fucking mad. And the first husband nailed it in the very beginning of the movie that she was a spoiled brat who would always treat her mom like shit. Holy crap I don't raise kids like that.
Really good movie though. I loved the ending.

Did you watch Feud yet?

Actually, I just finished it a few days ago, which has kicked off a renewed interest in the old films.

I liked the show a lot. I think Sarandon will win an Emmy. She was so good. And the show renewed my interest in marrying Kiernan Shipka.

This was precisely the first role for her, wasn't it?

Also I think Alfred Molina deserves more recognition.

You mean Kiernan's first role? No, she was the daughter on Mad Men.

And Molina was really great too. I liked him in that scene where he goes back and meets with Jack Warner only to tell him that he's filming the followup to Baby Jane for a different studio.

I don't know why I wrote first, maybe it autocorrected. I meant perfect. Like, for this time, after Mad Men when everyone saw her as a young lady, this role was perfect to show her gong from teen to adult. Very smart role for her, right period too.

Oh man, that scene where StanleyTucci goes
>CUNT!!!
Pure Kino

Oh, okay. Yeah, it was great for her. I hope she's in more stuff as an adult because when I see her interviewed she seems really smart and nice. Also hearing her say "My children" sounded so right.

Every Tucci scene was great. And I really liked John Waters' cameo as William Castle. That seemed really appropriate to me. I guess Castle kind of was the John Waters of his time.

I thought that was a great cameo also. Really fabulous series all around. I heard the next season of feud will be about Charles and Diana. That should be fun!

Yeah. I'm way more interested in Old Hollywood than British royalty, but I'll probably check it out.

60s counts too

Is this a ripoff of Alfie?

Shirley was a hot teenager. Too bad she did only unforgetable roles and dissapear in her 20's

no Harper is a detective flick