America is quickly becoming a nation of rental serfs

America is quickly becoming a nation of rental serfs.

Wtf I hate houses now.

Good

The leaf economy just follows outs

Enjoy renting from Indians leaf

yeah young people are moving to cities over the suburbs.

people are also less likely to have multiple properties.

No, we've just returned back to a stable level of home ownership closer to what we had for the majority of the last decade.

The economy couldn't sustain that massive spike. And not shown in this graph is the decrease in number of people living in each of those houses over that same time period.

Leaf land has a housing market that's even worse then ours.

*century not decade

Aka Europe

I can't afford a home on a single income and I make about 50k a year in a low cost of living area (house prices are still artificially hiked here).

I mean I could afford it but to be a slave to a mortgage. Fuck... I am not even saying I don't want to buy a home, I am simply saying the country home I once wanted isn't economically feasible as it was even 10-15 years ago.

Can confirm. Good luck finding anything in any urban centres if you're looking for your first or even second home.

I'm saving for a 2 acre piece of land in south saskatchewan. No muzzies, niggers, or chinks. Just the odd redskin.

Home ownership is retarded

>rental serfs.
Better than buying

>>
Tons of unrented units here bro, and tons of ppl upside down on mortgages. Buying a house holds tons of liability and hidden costs especially if you need to mobility for career.

shit it auto posted.
It's better than buying houses at inflated prices before the whole market only held aloft by low interest rates, chinese, and hedgefund buying craters.
enjoy being stuck with a 500k mortgages for a 200k house, wang.

Renting is literally the opposite of being a Serf. An Apartment is liquid as fuck. I could practically eliminate all of my monthly bills except for my car insurance and student loan and move back to my parents within 2 days time if I was motivated enough.

Rent is also cheap where I live. I am literally only renting because I love living alone.

Getting rid of a house is a pain in the ass depending on the market.

Wait for the housing market to crash again in a year or two then buy some rental properties.

Too many overpriced homes for sale currently

And? They went from 63% in 1965 over 63% in 1995 to 63% 2015.

The only significant difference was before the housing bubble burst.

Any chance of Wall MCGA?

To elaborate.

Lets say you have a town of 100 people. Through various factors they've got enough wealth, room, organization, productivity, whatever to support 20 houses.

If the average family size is 4 people per household. You can manage 100% home ownership rate.

If you then subject this town to propaganda and they become convinced that marriage is evil, staying with your parents is for losers, fuck your in laws they shouldn't be living with you either and never have kids they're a chore... and suddenly your average family size drops to 2.5, then oh shit you don't have enough housing for half of the families that want houses.

Fortunately our productivity went up over this same time period, so we were able to strike a rough balance with the drop in family size and the rise in home-demand-relative-to-population.

Then the government started handing out free money to buy houses nobody could afford and the market could sustain, hence the bubble and subsequent crash.

this is gonna be an issue in the future. Land is too much of a fixed input. You can build in height but you are decreasing the average quality of the land, it does not depreciate (at least in urban areas) and it benefits greatly from network effects, making their value distribution very unequal.

smart son

t. NEET with no money

Wtf I hate renters now. Time to buy a house.

good that americans are poor.

He's said he doesn't want to run federally but I'm willing to bet that if this Trudeau fuck show starts getting Europe-esque there will be a large push for politicians like Wall to run for PM

Just gotta get my PAL and i'll be ready for shit to go down :D

We may be able to help you with that Wall

>An apartment is liquid as fuck
Not if you're renting

p-please famalam

I meant more that it is liquid in the sense that you can rid yourself of the apartment and in return your payments in a matter of days.

Take a look at your graph fag

there was a bubble, and it burst

It's a disposable bill, not a liquid asset. The thing about a condo apartment is you can buy it, live in it for 15 years while you pay it off, repair it, rent it for 20 years to make up your investment, then sell it for 2-3x the amount you bought it for. That being said, it's a bigger risk than mutual funds and less liquid. That being said, when overpopulation really hits in 40 years having 3 condos and a house with farmable land would make you a god. The key is getting on a career path now that advances your skill set with room to grow

Housing Bubble created by Clinton and kept going by Bush. As a Kenysian scheme to keep the cash circulating through the economy, backed by bad debt.

If you want to increase homeownership. You need to change zoning laws, build hi density hi rise housing, and build more mass transit.

So that the supply of housing is increased and made more desirable.

i just bought my first home and the mortgage payment, including taxes and insurance, is virtually the exact same amount i was paying for rent before i moved.

if you have a stable job, there is literally no reason not to buy a home right now given the mortgage rates and financing options.

it is a great feeling knowing you own the plot of land you reside in, that you have a piece of america. historically, only the royal and elite could own land - i consider it a mark of great pride.

then again, i got a great home, with a great location, in a great neighborhood, at price lower than the appraised value. don't be a fuckup and buy a shit piece of property and you'll be greatly satisfied

>the obama recovery aka the new normal

THIS IS A BAD FUCKING MEME AND IT WAS BAD THE FIRST TIME THIS SHIT GOT FUCKING POSTED, DELETE THIS NOW REEEEEEEE

Homes are desirable, people don't make enough to afford them at their current prices. Also it's much harder to get approved for a home loan than it used to be. I want to buy a home so bad, I'm 30, but I don't see it happening unless America gets back the NAFTA jobs and the prices come crashing back down to reality. As of now it's "farthest away from niggers = more expensive". Fucking sucks.

This. Housing prices are deliberately high

How long you been working on your credit history?

Wow it went up 7% and then the housing bubble burst and it equalised
No way