What do you attribute to the Star Wars prequel's recent appreciation?

What do you attribute to the Star Wars prequel's recent appreciation?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/pUbXyd-fK8Q
youtu.be/LaK6ZlicwZE
youtu.be/9Uvad9uSc9k
youtu.be/X9-K1cxj6IQ
youtu.be/8ODI04FWyQI
youtu.be/2UhQ9uuM-YQ
youtu.be/5c7jNYpPFzE
youtu.be/vYcUq4g6rGs
youtu.be/0KYxYOo2RnA
youtube.com/watch?v=WQBV9pXleF0
youtube.com/watch?v=pUbXyd-fK8Q
youtube.com/watch?v=hjj4MBDpbOY
youtube.com/watch?v=0lVCO4gW940
youtube.com/watch?v=HdJnoL4KR8g
youtube.com/watch?v=yHqdESArkqU&t=186s
youtube.com/watch?v=Z9wyAXH9n3w
youtube.com/watch?v=X9-K1cxj6IQ
youtube.com/watch?v=8tMZdrUx8eM
youtube.com/watch?v=3ME5jhsgmB4
youtube.com/watch?v=LVczx7GIWXc
youtube.com/watch?v=-lbzFnbmBoE
youtube.com/watch?v=dylqDO4uEXc
youtu.be/eYT3ctPuVRw
youtu.be/q0r4jNhG9Z4
youtu.be/iu3qoIsGzUM
youtube.com/watch?v=uUmbS_Mn2a8
youtube.com/watch?v=eYT3ctPuVRw
youtube.com/watch?v=05dT34hGRdg&
youtube.com/watch?v=25GKkfXJUVU
youtube.com/watch?v=q0r4jNhG9Z4
youtube.com/watch?v=5c7jNYpPFzE
youtube.com/watch?v=vYcUq4g6rGs
youtube.com/watch?v=k3frK9-OiQ0&t=387s
youtube.com/watch?v=0KYxYOo2RnA&t=96s
youtube.com/watch?v=K8J2l0XQG0g&t=45s
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Memes

I've honestly always enjoyed the first one

revisionist history by people who dont remember what a massive disappointment they were for """real""" fans

disney

Never really had a problem with the prequels

>Confusing "appreciation for the films" with "appreciation for the joy of mocking the easily-mockable which Sup Forums has known of for years, yet the public-at-large has only begun to appreciate"

i enjoyed them all. really caters to my inner star wars fanboy. i don't think there's anything star wars related that i really dislike.

Anyone have the picture of the reading requirements for understanding the prequels, OT, and new Disney films?

To answer your question, what this user said

Disney buying Star Wars and trying to get people to buy more merchandise by paying for people to praise them in blogs.

Fags under 20 who's first Star Wars were the shitquels and growing up with the cartoons. Who have the heaviest nostolgia goggles in history.

You, I like you

your a dorable

Misplaced nostalgia, just like everything from the late 90s to early-mid 00s, which were terrible years to anybody who actually remembers them properly.

A combination of the growing prevalence of vulgar auterism and a generation of film fans who grew up on them. I don't agree with the reevaluation entirely and think they're very flawed films, but there's definitely a lot more than meets the eye with them.

People who didn't grow up with the originals, so they're less hostile

One factor is that the prequels are bad in an entertaining, cheesy way - whereas the Disney movies are bad in a boring, corporate way.

trump supporters hate for the new ones fueled people to criticise the prequels. as with anything once you criticise something you drive eyes to it.normies see the prequels and dont care about the lore and like it as a fun movie

TFA was shit

Because of internet group think. When these films came out, people had their own opinions. Now they go to the internet to see what other people say for validation of their own opinion. People don't want to say what they feel about something until it becomes a popular opinion. It's all mind control.

Nostalgia.
I love watching a movie like Mortal Kombat, which I thought was the tits the first time I saw it. Of course its a bad movie, but enjoyable nonetheless
A similar thing is happening with the prequels. They're bad movies but somewhat enjoyable at times. Like Mortal Kombat, it has bad acting, a ridiculous story, but stays true to the tone of the franchise.
tl;dr Movies can be bad but entertaining and most people cant tell the difference.

It at least had a sort of original storyline. It still sucked balls. It was fucking terrible in a dazzling spectrum of ways. The new series is completely sold out disney tripe.

this. it was the memes

They are marvellous movies finally beginning to escape the cloud of expectations from the originals and vague pouting of manchildren.

Very simply but well put

Same manchildren who reeeeee about Force Awakens. It will eventually be accepted.

I definitely think FA is the weakest of the main trilogies so far, but it's still a decent film, with some exceptional parts.

A. TFA was a steaming pile of shit and people realized how much worse things truly could be.

B. Enough time has passed that the asshurt manbaby meme that the prequels are terrible and irredeemable has faded because people who grew up with these and genuinely enjoyed them are adults now.

Personally I grew up with both trilogies. I saw the 97 special editions in the theater and saw all three prequels too. Every time I rewatch the series I like the originals less and the prequels more.

quite simply - how bad the new films are and will be.

they have some original ideas or at least attempts at them. They expanded the universe. The new films are the reverse of that in every way possible.

The were always pretty good. Normies shit on them because it's trendy and hip. And autists shit on them for minor bullshit mainly to do with shit they didn't like about Episode 1 and then seek to hold Episodes II and III to account for those issues.

Revenge of the Sith is probably a better movie than Return of the Jedi.

>exceptional parts
name them

Exceptional
- Appearance of Ren and duel with Finn and Rey (Rey pulling the saber)
- Rey and Luke
- Ren and Snoke, Ren and Vader's mask
Great
- Han's dealings with Kanjiklub and co. + succeeding escape
- Opening firefight
- Appearance of Resistance fighters
- Most dogfights (notable exclusion Finn and Rey escaping on the falcon)

>rewatching Star Wars regularly

peak autism levels

AotC would have been good if it was just about Obi Wan. Anakin was just awful in it. I would have also prefered to see some of Anakin's training. There's just so much material so I don't think a trilogy is enough

HOLY SHIT THEY DID THE STAR WARS THING WHERE THEY PULL THE LIGHTSABER WITH THE FORCE

*snores*

Their relative originality,

Garbage taste

if you can't understand the significance of it or are just memeing, in both cases I don't care for your reply.

TELL THAT TO KANJIKLUB
No seriously, fuck off with your shit taste.

IT MEANS SHE TOTALLY LEARNT TO USE THE FORCE! ALL HER PRACTICE AND HARD WORK FINALLY PAID OFF!

*snores*

Yeah its a shame the most of the clone wars was covered in a shitty cartoon. Anakin's padawan was annoying too although Anakin himself was good this time around

Luke could use the force to manipulate a missile into the Death Star vent after training for like a few days

Anakin was pretty much space Jesus in Phantom Menace

Really star wars isn't such a great series at all. The early films were technical watersheds and amusing adventure stories but for fucks sake it's time to move on to other things eventually.

>nostalgia
>movies aren't totally bad albeit very flawed
>great campiness
>memes

We got over the whole "old vs new trilogy" thing and just accept them for what they are, good and bad.

Why do contrarian dorks on this board defend these movies THEY ARE SO FUCKINGG BORING AND UGLY

There's plenty of good to be said about each of the prequels. I think most people could name 3, 4, maybe even or more things that they liked with each film.

Just from Episode 1, that opening when we Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan fight the battle droids:

youtu.be/pUbXyd-fK8Q

More battle droids:

youtu.be/LaK6ZlicwZE

And of course the duel with Darth Maul:

youtu.be/9Uvad9uSc9k

The prequel shilling started before TFA came out.
I think it's Disney trying to revise history to make their property they just bought more valuable.
Also, kids that grew up on them.

Episode VII, old memes dying off.

That's a basic ability every force sensitive has from the start

The setup isn't even comparable.

We see him struggling earlier at the specific trick where he is blind and trusts his instincts. He has doubts about pulling down the helmet at first, but in the end he trusts his instincts and we get the payoff, combined with Han Solos redemption making it the greatest moment in cinema history.

When Rey pulls the lightsaber, there is no setup. The only thing it does is change the tides of the battle to the good guys advantage which is so cliched and expected, if you think that's exceptional, especially when done without any setup, you're a fanboy.

Also, Luke had a shot at doing it without the force and with the targeting computer, it's established earlier. He didn't bend the shot, it's just correct timing, because you can see him relax as he shoots while the missiles are flying.

Episode II

youtu.be/X9-K1cxj6IQ

youtu.be/8ODI04FWyQI

youtu.be/2UhQ9uuM-YQ

Is there an in canon/legends reason why the droids were incompetent? Doesn't seem like a thing Dooku/Grievous would do.

Literally kino

Episode III

youtu.be/5c7jNYpPFzE

youtu.be/vYcUq4g6rGs

youtu.be/0KYxYOo2RnA

Always loved them although I didn't like 2 very much but TFA just made me realise how good they were and that we will never see any sort of good originality from Star Wars again

I never liked the bounty hunter chase scenes, they are so disconnected from the main plot that they act as brainless action filler.

They are the reason the pacing is so messed up

>using the force to heighten senses and reactions is now uncanon for nuwars fags

>What do you attribute to the Star Wars prequel's recent appreciation?
The fact that it's not canon anymore thanks to Disney.

3 was fucking fantastic, anakin in it is literally Sup Forums
A B S O L U T E K I N O

Dude, Episodes 1-7, The Clone Wars cartoon and movie, and everything after Disney buying LucasArts is canon

I love it. It puts thr jedi in a fun space detective story going from a car chase to a night club, then bouncing around from planet to planet after Jango.

>brainless action filler
That's how I feel about the first 10 minutes of Episode III.

If that's true it has sorely backfired.

What do you guys think about The Clone Wars (cgi series)? Does it make the prequels better retroactively, even slightly?

It adds considerbly and it helps that Clone Wars was the best Star Wars tv series.

>being a real star wars fan

>that 14956.... filename
Kill yourself

The Clone Wars were manufactured by Sheev.

>It adds considerbly
Agreed, shame it was cancelled. Some stuff they had planned for future seasons sounded good

Palpy had that shit down. The leader of both sides, an army fighting the Jedi and the Jedi's own army ready to kill them

Enjoy some kino on the house

I:
-youtube.com/watch?v=WQBV9pXleF0
-youtube.com/watch?v=pUbXyd-fK8Q
-youtube.com/watch?v=hjj4MBDpbOY + youtube.com/watch?v=0lVCO4gW940
-youtube.com/watch?v=HdJnoL4KR8g
-youtube.com/watch?v=yHqdESArkqU&t=186s
-youtube.com/watch?v=Z9wyAXH9n3w

II:
-youtube.com/watch?v=X9-K1cxj6IQ
-youtube.com/watch?v=8tMZdrUx8eM
-youtube.com/watch?v=3ME5jhsgmB4
[KINO ALERT]- youtube.com/watch?v=LVczx7GIWXc
-youtube.com/watch?v=-lbzFnbmBoE
-youtube.com/watch?v=dylqDO4uEXc

TBC...

The fact that our generation grew up with them. TPM came out 18 years ago before you start. If you're under 35, that's the trilogy you grew up with.

Teenagers that grew up watching them are now old enough to shitpost.

like pottery

Say what you will about the prequels, but there were good ideas and concepts behind them. Shame how it turned out.

contrarianism and the late millennial/early gen z influx

III is so good that here's more clips

youtu.be/eYT3ctPuVRw

youtu.be/q0r4jNhG9Z4

youtu.be/iu3qoIsGzUM

naw, fuck you guy, i saw the ot on vhs, then in theaters before i ever saw episode one.

III:
Best opening crawl and opening scene coming through
-youtube.com/watch?v=uUmbS_Mn2a8
-youtube.com/watch?v=eYT3ctPuVRw
-youtube.com/watch?v=05dT34hGRdg&
-youtube.com/watch?v=25GKkfXJUVU
-youtube.com/watch?v=q0r4jNhG9Z4
-youtube.com/watch?v=5c7jNYpPFzE
[Personal Favourite] - youtube.com/watch?v=vYcUq4g6rGs
- youtube.com/watch?v=k3frK9-OiQ0&t=387s bit missing at the start
-youtube.com/watch?v=0KYxYOo2RnA&t=96s
-youtube.com/watch?v=K8J2l0XQG0g&t=45s

You mean... he used the Force to aim?

Imagine if I and II were as the same quality as III

Funny, my shit this morning was a good idea and there was some great food eaten to make that shit. Shame how it gave me an anal fissure.

That just means you're even younger than the OT generation. You're the PT nostalgia generation that came after. Here's a quick breakdown by date of birth
-84 - OT generation
85-95 - PT generation
96-01 - NeoOT generation
02-10 - nuT generation
11-17 - NeoOT+PT generation

>younger than the PT generation. You're the OT nostalgia generation
Fixed, it's all very confusing

I and II aren't bad. I like them better than A New Hope. ANH aged a bit and is weaker than V and VI. People just give it a pass because it was where Star Wars began. It also has the worst lightsaber fight and the romance between Luke and Leia is made strange and bizarre because of ROTJ revealing that she's his sister.

A combination of three major factors.

When they came out, people had grown up with the original trilogy, and the reaction essentially boiled down to 'muh star wars.' Now there are a lot of people who essentially saw all six movies at once, and have a more even-handed reaction.

Backlash has developed from the memetic hatred of the prequels, which was highly memetic. There's a lot wrong with the prequels, but most people don't really know what exactly that is, and most of the dislike just comes from them being movies that people are 'supposed' to dislike, it's a part of mainstream culture, and people buy into it. Eventually counterculture forms, and people reevaluate the prequels with a bias in the opposite direction.

As time goes on, and we have more time to let things sit with us, people tend to value ambition and originality more, and care about flaws in delivery less. It's a sort of rose-tinted glasses thing, though not triggered by nostalgia. We learn to look past the flaws of presentation as we grow accustomed to them, and ruminate more on the interesting elements. The prequels are a great example of this.

>Does it make the prequels better retroactively, even slightly?
Kind of not really? The show is really great, but it actually kind of hurts the prequels, just by comparison. The action sequences, writing, acting with characters like Anakin, it all comes off as much worse when going in from TCW. It makes the Order 66 scene and the stuff on Mustafar a lot more powerful though.

shit taste, autism

/thread

explain