X-men Apocalypse

How come nobody is talking about this movie?

everyone that matters is seeing it tonight or tomorrow.

because there has been actual comic news and despite appearances we're not solely a live action board?

Because idgaf

>Everyone that matters gets to see the movie last

I just saw the premier of it. I thought it was pretty good not super great.

Same. Super cheesy - probably the cheesiest x-film yet - but it was enjoyable. Definitely glad I saw it high.

Good movie, Apocalypse have greats moments and Wolverine and QSilver scene made this for me.

Manlet Apocalypse

Is there a reason they changed the relationships of some of the characters? It threw me off a couple of times

Because it's really bland and middling.

Massive in scale, tiny in scope.

They even tell the audience flat out "you're watching the weakest part of this trilogy" with that Star Wars joke.

QSilver scene was the best one. Movie was a little bit of a let down...

I'm still mad there wasn't a single firework

Hey guys imma leave my grandfathers tree here, make sure nothing happens to it

I enjoyed parts of it, the young X-Men were great. Cyclops was awesome. Fights were decent. DoFP was better though.
That whole scene where Apocalypse launches the nukes is fucking INTENSE. So was the Phoenix scene.
Also Rose Byrne is cute af she was in Neighbors 2 this month also

>that Star Wars joke
That fucking got me, if only they knew

Yeah what the fuck was up with her in the movie, she had literally nothing to do

Was it only released in the U.S. today? It's ok. Better than X3 and Wolverine: Origins. It's really awful compared to DoFP or X2 tho. I enjoyed seeing the kids take on the roles. The Jackman cameo is unnecessary but cool reference of the source material.

Her scenes got cut mostly. Fucking stupid as they put her all over marketing plus it's now the 4th X Men movie she has been in and had barely any screen time.

lol what marketing? are you high

That scene was brilliant. Not only because it was crazy intense and the least hammy Apocalypse is in the entire film.

Also a pretty clever way to take nukes off the table so the final battle has a logical reason to be mutant on mutant and easily avoid the cliche of "we need to convince the government that we can win without nukes" that was already done in First Class anyway

So did Caliban fucking die? He stole his scenes. Apocalypse made it seem like he was using Cal to locate the Horsemen and I figured he'd get to be a Horseman too...

It's not out in America yet. Seeing it saturday.

It had some dope scenes, but it could've been better
I actually liked Apocalypse himself a lot, and the movie was visually impressive.

However, this board is not intended for the discussion of live action movies

>they put her all over marketing
I expected a mall scene, I was robbed

Amerifat here, just got out of theater not too long ago, so its out for early release

Just saw it a few hours ago. It was good, not great but i enjoyed it. Aside from the Quicksilver scenes Apocalypse was my favorite part of the movies.

I already saw the Sweet Dreams scene on the internet, so no need to pay for a ticket.

Can someone share what the Star Wars joke was?

There was some great scenes but man. That was a rushed mess and a total clusterfuck.

>Jubilee is literally just edited out.

They don't even waste the time to bullshit a reason for her not being in the movie.

When Striker's taskforce shows up after the school blow up. They gas the kids and take the adults.Jubilee is in the debris hiding with Nightcrawler, Jean and Scott she just wakes up with the rest of the kids on the field.

Jubilee, Cyclops and Jean came out of a cinema talking about which Star Wars movie was the best, Jubilee says it's Empire Strikes back, Scott replies that "without the original there are none of the others" to which Jean chimes in that "I think we can all agree that the third is always the worst"

Jubilee an cyclops were talking after they saw return of the Jedi. Jubilee said that the second movie, empire, was better, darker, and more complex. Cyclops said the first was better and that there wouldn't be a series without it. Jean chimed in and said "at least we can all agree the third one was the worst". The scene is just a little joke about the original X-men movies.

Wooooooow. Shade at X3 while being completely oblivious to the fact that this one is a third installment. Someone done goof'd.

Criminally underused. There is not even a scene in a record store.
God damnit Singer!

I didn't even notice, but holy shit you're right

Lemme just water it with this...

> Good-ish movie.
> Marvel shill brigade confused:
> > Can't shit on it 'cos it franchise will return
> > Doesn't belong to Marvel yet so, so it's not being astro turfed.

You mean last week

Company wars! That's what the thread needed!

I was expecting terrible schlock, but I got awesome schlock.

This movie was fucking great.

10/10 Kurt. Would bamf.

>"I'm blue"

So how did Quicksilver job so hard?

How did Apocalypse suddenly become able to track his movements?

Way too much CGI and no fun allowed.
>scene where they're looking for magneto
>apocalypse pimping his riders
>magneto standing by himself and talking with xavier
>oh shit that's actually some nice scenography or whatever
>apocalypse hijacks the call
>sends all the nukes up
>nukes starts to turn around
>he yells like a madman
>oh shit he is going to nuke everyone
>lol no he just send them into space
But the quicksilver scene was nice.

Are you kidding me?
The CGI was really, really bad.

He activated his unnamed powers he had collected over 1000s of years

>civil war
Fun moments but everyone was sad
>apocalypse
CGI out the ass and everyone is sad
>batman v superman
Awesome batman but everyone was sad

Leave it to Satan!

X-Men and Civil War makes sense to have people sad.
In one, they are mutants disliked by everyone, and the other one it's friends fighting against friends.

In BvS everyone is sad because they wanted to make a dark movie for the sake of it being dark.

When Apocalypse hi-jacks the call and says some shit to Xavier he looked directly at the camera it was kinda neat.

>Ugly Jean Grey
>Goth Night Crawler
>Manlet Apocalypse with Clown Sized Shoes
>Weapon X doesn't have a helmet
>Still no colored uniforms

Who will fix muh X-Men?

Goth how? it looked like he was kidnapped straight from the circus.

It's a Tommy.

The people that hated are done and now we are forgetting it and moving on.

It was good, it wasn't great, but it was good. I think the script really hampered it but the cast did a good job with what they had. It could have done without Lawrence looking like she didn't want to be there the entire time though.

It makes it funnier that she had to play a role of someone that didn't want to be there either

do you even into catalogue?
there are constant threads for the past week or so

>So did Caliban fucking die? He stole his scenes. Apocalypse made it seem like he was using Cal to locate the Horsemen and I figured he'd get to be a Horseman too...
Apocalypse doesn't kill mutants, so no

he's a satan with extra 6.
a mutant satan?

Apocalypse can influence mutant powers

Dude, the CGI, specially the one in Quicksilver's scene, was absolutely horrendous.

It's like, your opinion man

I thought Quicksilver's scene looked mostly okay, except the flame surfing. The CGI looked bad there.

Jean and Nightcrawler just looked very bad. But I will forgive Nightcrawler due to his scenes still being pretty decent.

What was the point of Xavier's love interest? She didn't do shit jack shit except watch then they try to make it emotional with her getting her memories back. Same goes for Jubiliee who didn't do shit either.

Dunno, she sure didn't react to strongly when she learned Charles was about to telepathically track down the most wanted man in the world.

Which reminds me, why does everyone decide Magneto gets off scott free with killing something along the lines of several thousand to several million people? is it just because he decided to throw bits of a dead Cairo at his former genocidal boss for a bit after flip flopping on his "killing people is the best way to achieve my goals" stance for the 3rd time.

Does the CIA agent feel no obligation to report mankind's greatest mass murderer to her superiors?

Does Charles not worry about the legitimacy of his pro peace plans being called into question if he is found to have been harboring said mass-murderer?

I went and saw it tonight to an empty theater..felt pretty crazy. And then the small.amount of people didn't wait till the end to see the sinister anouncment!the fuck is wrong with geeks these days

Which characters?

Duhhh, she ends up having a kid with Xavier and runs a school in Europe for the super tucked up mutants. They have a son. He kills like everybody and is a early bad guy in the ultimate x men.

To be fair you could hear the news say even magneto fought against him, so they might have just ruled it off as him being controlled.

They never said he wasn't still wanted though, and he left the school at the end. So it's not like there hiding him

Trailers, pics, the viral video promoting it.. Are you high?

I know for a fact her mall scenes got cut. This one not being there is especially heart breaking.

Why is it that about every third person that Xavier is very close with go on a murder spree?

Someone finding out they were harboring him for any amount of time would put a quick end to Xavier's hope that his school and the X-men would be a symbol for peace.

It'd be like if we learned that doctors without borders had Osama chill with them for a couple weeks right after 9/11 because their founder was a pal of his.

very disappointing movie, i went in expecting a ton of mutant action

instead i got bullshit drama and maybe 10 minutes total of cool action

>I went and saw it tonight to an empty theater..
I went opening night and it was half-empty.

The movies are tracking closer to 616 continuity. She has the son with someone other than Charles. Charles may also have a crazy son like 616 but that wasn't with Moira.

COME OUT CHARLES, COME AND SAVE YOUR WEAKLINGS

Yeah the mixed reviews and bad word of mouth online from the global release means it's tracking as a flop. Shame as while it's not great it's no way as bad as BvS say. And I enjoyed the 80s setting and new X kids.

I dunno, probably because I thought it was terrible.

I liked First Class & to a lesser extent DoFP.
I even enjoyed the first act of this movie, but everything after that was pure dogshit

Because it was shit.

The end.

I enjoyed this movie waaaaaay more than civil war and i was hyped for both.
This movie was intense, funny, and they finally take down an enemy using their combined powers as a proper team

anyone know why they started releasing shit early in foreign countries first?

its a goddamn american movie it should show in america FIRST

It was fine.
In my opinion they tried to introduce too much characters.
Of Psylocke the only thing you can really remember other than that she was the sexiest character of the movie is that she worked for Caliban.
Angel is barely introduced
They did a slightly better job with Storm, at least

Check your privilege.

To hype up americans with good reception because domestic box office is much more profitable than foreign one.

you can suck my privilege right here

Aren't most of its cast British or European and an S. American lead (albeit with terrible American accents)?

I had a few problems with it.
The first third was poorly aligned.
Few scenes felt forced, the scene with Magneto in the woods felt just weird, special effects range from pretty good to cheap and they wasted 15 minutes on a side plot just for a Wolverine cameo.
Yeah I know, people love Wolverine but for the sake of this movie it was nothing but padding. They could have used that time for more character development for Storm for example.
Else I enjoyed it.

>ctrl+f
>No sweet memes are made of these

I'm disappoint

I would really love to push the "son, I'm disappoint" meme, albeit with Apocalypse face instead

Can someone tell me this is JLaw last X-men movie. I cant stand her and that 3/4 of the movie was her being herself not mystic.

Yes, it is.

Thank god, this calls for a celebration!

She probably moves to marvel, though

Don't fuck with me user.

I wouldn't dare

B-but you are pretty, user.

The wolverine part doesn't even make sense with the end of the last movie, but I think it was in there more as a tease of next film

The Wolverine we saw is the only one who knows of the retcons huh

The movie was pretty meh but still better then BvS. At least I got the tickets free that came with a free alcoholic beverage and desert while winning some dumb toy.

>Ugly Jean Grey
Subjective
>Goth Night Crawler
more Emo than Goth
>Manlet Apocalypse with Clown Sized Shoes
Apocalypse was 70% lame as fuck
>Weapon X doesn't have a helmet
this annoyed me so much. Would have made the removal of it better if we didn't see so much of him.
>Still no colored uniforms
there were at the end but it sucked they didn't wear them until then. 8 movies and we finally get decent costumes at the end of the movie.

Not anymore, not after the weapon x memory wipes

I thought it was great! Better than DofP (which I liked, but didn't love), and I enjoyed it more than Deadpool, but those are two very different movies, so it's unfair to compare them.

Frankly I don't think they've done an X movie that straight sucked yet (even the maligned X3 and 1st Wolverine were "alright"), but this one might be second only to first class...I really, really liked it!

Now that I think about it, I feel like this is the first X flick since the first one that tells a simple story about a big baddie getting taken down by a team of mutants, and the fighting and action takes priority over setting up other movies or getting into LORE LORE LORE. Plus, uh, Metallica and Venom in the soundtrack? I did not expect that.

I'm looking forward to their 90s era flick.

It was alright, only the finail fight scene was actually good though

A lot of people agree that this was the most COMIC BOOK X-Men movie ever. It almost felt like a MCU movie