Twin Peaks General /tpg/

Lil the dancer Edition

Use this to make new threads: pastebin.com/u92hX6rX

WARNING: If you haven't watched until S3E04, spoilers abound.

FAQ:
>I want to get into Twin Peaks, in which order should I watch it?
American Pilot (the one that lasts ~1h30m) + Season 1 > Season 2 > Fire Walk With Me > The Missing Pieces > read Secret History of Twin Peaks (optional) > Season 3
>I have never watched Twin Peaks, can I start with Season 3?
No.*
>I have not watched Season 2, can I skip to Season 3?
No.*
>But user I've heard Season 2 dips in quality a lot after the first 9 episodes and then comes back to quality at around episode 17-22
This is true, but ideally you should still watch it all. You can skip the James-out-of-town scenes safely.
>I have not watched Fire Walk with Me, can I skip to Season 3?
No.*
>I watched the new episodes without ever watching any of the old stuff and still enjoyed it. You mad?
No.
>Has everything leaked?
No.
Ep 1-2 were released normally on 21st, Ep 3-4 on the internet that same night.
Ep 3-4 will be re-aired on 28th. You can find torrents for Ep 1-4 already.
>When does Episode 5 air?
June 4, same time as premiere

*By "No" we mean "You shouldn't if you actually want to enjoy the series and understand the motifs/story"

Music:
youtube.com/watch?v=IGUboLZx3Tk
youtube.com/watch?v=sjvVw0pgdKc
youtube.com/watch?v=5l2EbSK8bNQ
youtube.com/watch?v=khMlcTE7lw8
youtube.com/watch?v=MvCp0XtXYXw
youtube.com/watch?v=vsevMDc7-fo
youtube.com/watch?v=jxlGtcW1Qg8

Links:
>The Secret History of Twin Peaks (MOBI)
gen.lib.rus.ec/book/index.php?md5=933D7216D1B8C38C9F507E2624886FBF
>"Diane..." The Twin Peaks Tapes Of Agent Cooper
archive.org/details/DianeTheTwinPeaksTapesOfAgentCooper
>More Twin Peaks reading material
pastebin.com/RYJr9bPW

Meanwhile....

best girl

stop it gene

I figured out who that spooky all-black dude is in the jail cell. It's Nyarlathotep

did they give Andy a fat suit

so let's get real.
he's BOB's doppel not yet in a vessel.they did

if there is a pic of her smile ill add it to the list

literally fucking stop copying and pasting all this shit

Then he'd be an owl

I'd prefer it if people would figuratively stop copying and pasting all this shit

>nude catherine

for what purpose

how long did BOB possess Leland? Laura says in the movie she has seen him since she was 12 so it's been that long?

Harriet

Hopefully my waifu shows up next episode.

stop being ugly and in hell and i will.

>let's rock

I dont remember this chick at all

fuck, im falling in love with sheryl lee in pics like these. Even thought Audrey is my eternal twin peaksfu.

Leland said he first saw BOB as a young boy, so presumably most of his life.

Also BOB didn't possess him 24/7. BOB would only go into Leland when he wanted to do BOB shit.

She wasn't in Twin Peaks originally but is in the new season as someone, maybe Diane.

the owl was already there.leland and bob raped her for a long time.

always upstairs

It's Laura Dern you newfag

Agent Bauer, Agent Cooper team up when? (he changed his name to Jack Bauer after he started doing field work)

I watched Missing Pieces thinking it was FWWM and now im too demoralised to watch it

is it actually worth it?

I know that, but I was trying to place her in the series

It's a masterpiece and Lynch's best movie, so yeah, probably.

Yes, it's very good. It's excellent.

The Dopplegangers are all linked to Bob. That's why Leland and Coop see Bob in the mirror. Bob himself never actually leaves The Black Lodge.

That being said....who (or what) the fuck was Dougie before Cooper jumped into his body? Did he look like Cooper before? Or did he change to look like Cooper, and everyone's memories have been modified so that they remember him always looking like Cooper?

Did you get it from yify? My FWWM torrent turned out to be Missing Pieces and I don't know where to get FWWM now.

kief please come back.

So with how badass evil coop is, this is what I've been thinking.

Assuming BOB, or some other entity, passed from Leland to Coop, he sort of inhabits the body but takes on some of the mannerisms, tendencies, and abilities of the host.

Leland was just a do-good father who happened to have a thing he wasn't proud of for Laura, and would try to get off with young prostitutes who looked like her. Leland fought it, but eventually killed Laura as a way to be free from BOB.

What we're seeing with evil Coop, though, is BOB in a host of someone who is spiritually grounded and also FBI trained in combat and surveillance, etc... which is why in Leland it manifested as pure animalistic chaos, whereas in evil Coop it's cold hearted, calculated killing and manipulation.

Yeah, we've never seen anything like that in Cooper, but he is supposed to be a top FBI special agent, so my thought is that in evil Coop we're seeing his abilities used to their utmost by whatever dark entity took possession of him.

Every person has a doppelganger in the black lodge, their shadow person. Separate to that, there's BOB who is a spirit entity thing. BOB acts through people he possesses to make them act out their dark fantasies to collect that sweet creamed corn. The doppelgangers, creatures of the black lodge, are presumably also into that creamed corn, so BOB is down with working through them. However BOB does not need a doppelganger to do what he does. Leland's doppelganger never left the black lodge, BOB acted through the real Leland.

because it was the first picture i found of her smiling who cares that you can she her shoulders

I figured that was a bullshit lie, but it would make some sense.

Also, I'm guessing the woman Gordon and Albert are looking for is Annie. Who else would know much about Cooper that they both know about as well? I mean, MAYBE Audrey, but that's a stretch. Diane could also fit.

Is that lampshade made of skin?

*Lynch's best movie after Lost Highway

ftfw

Who were these people and why are they friends with Booper?

when the 3 card monty is revealed with coop, dop, and BOB, we'll all rest easily.

OR-EE-GON

Yes. Finally got around to watching The Missing Pieces and she's so sexy with that short haircut.

what did she mean by thsi

The clown in FWWM made no sense and served no purpose for the plot

>Every person has a doppelganger in the black lodge,
I'm pretty sure this is precisely why Evil Cooper is JUST his doppleganger, not actively posessed by BOB.

We haven't actually had BOB mentioned by name yet, have we?

He's one of the spirits we see above the convenience store in FWWM. He's feeding on the principal's pain and suffering (garmonbozia). It may evne be the spirit who possessed the principal when he murdered the librarian, and now that he's fed from him, he's leaving.

The guy over the phone pretending to be Jeffries says "And I will be with Bob again". I think that's it though.

Just a subtle Fuck You to drumpf.

You wanna explain why you disagree with me other than just posting a meme image?

We have, it is more Bob than it is the Doppelganger.
We've also seen Bob's reflection in the mirror in S2.

Right now what we're seeing is that Bob is trying to avoid getting sucked into the Black Lodge and the evil and good spirits trying to stop him.

"Jeffrie" on the phone with Bad Coop. "...and i'll be with BOB again".

I don't think the principal murdered the librarian. If anything I think it was the wife but I'm not sure of that either.

It was either Evil Cooper or the spirit in the prison cell, the lower body probably belongs to Major Briggs.

BOB can possess anyone, it doesn't have to be a doppel. The doppels are linked to the black lodge, not BOB himself. BOB never possessed Leland's doppel as Leland's doppel never left the lodge, he just possessed Leland.

How Dougie was "manufactured" is unclear, but it has to do with the ring.

>Leland's doppelganger never left the black lodge, BOB acted through the real Leland.

How do you know this? Why do both Leland and Cooper see Bob in the mirror then? Maybe Leland's doppelganger is back in the lodge because, you know. He died.

Still, who (or what) was Dougie before Coop took over his body? That's the real question I'm curious about.

You're not getting it. BOB and Cooper's doppelganger are separate entities, but BOB is able to possess Cooper's doppelganger.

>Major Briggs

He died in a fire twenty five years before that murder took place.

>drumpf
go back

Bobby boy has snuck under the radar so far.

he͘̕ ̶wįl͜͡l̸͘ ̸̕r͘e̢͜͞t̡͟u̧͟rn̶͘

Is there more to Ben Horne? Is he the billionaire who built the glass box, and the guy who the Vegas guy warns about never getting involved with?

Don't forget there was that scene in the original series where MIKE was looking for BOB in the Great Northern, and Ben entering the room sent him into a seizure. And the scene where Ben is startled by something off camera in his office, then the next time we see him he's obsessed with religious texts. Then he gets knocked the fuck out before the show ended, so who knows what happened in between.

That scene in the first episode with his brother and Ashley Judd was literally just to remind us that he's still around. I think there's something big going on.

Why the fuck does lynch rely on shitty special effects so much? Everything so far has been abysmal.

Because Leland had moments of clarity, he almost broke into tears in FWWM at some point and moments before he died he was Leland entirely.
It's not his doppelganger.
RRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Why do some of you keep repeating this, this is trivially true, it still is true that it's more Bob than it is the Doppelganger, did you read my post? Because my post made it clear I understand the difference.
That's the official story but it really could have been a faked death, as Briggs was perhaps realizing his life is in danger, the fingerprints on the body could not be made explicit through the program because the military blocked this information.
Briggs worked for the military + was fat.

>tfw BOB won't be caught by end of Season 3

>How Dougie was "manufactured" is unclear, but it has to do with the ring.

Yes that's right, he was wearing the ring. But if Dougie looked like Cooper all along, then surely the FBI would have been able to track him down. He's not in hiding or secretive like "Cooper" is. That's why I think maybe he didn't really look like Cooper (until Cooper took over his body).

Then again...maybe he DID look like cooper, and that's why the guy in the car who works for "Mikey" (Mike) was trying to shoot him. He mistook Dougie as the doppelganger.

The principal admitted he was there, but wasn't in control. He said he dreamed the whole thing. A spirit was controlling him. It reeked of Leland Palmer.

Doppleganger Cooper and Bob are two separate entities. At the end of Fire he possessed DCoop after he left the lodge.

DCoop is evil on his own without Bob because he is Coopers opposite. Everything he has done the last 25 years may have just been him, Bob may have left him right after the events after the end of S2/FWWM.

>How do you know this?

Leland was possessed by BOB from a young age. Also for Leland's doppelganger to leave the lodge, Leland himself would have to enter. It's also easy to tell the doppelganger's apart from the original. In the black lodge the doppelgangers have pale blue eyes, outside they have almost solid black eyes. Leland was also totally normal when not possessed. BOB is a spirit that can possess living things, be it a person, a doppelganger, an owl, etc.

Dougie hasn't been totally explained.

thats the point

Are there any torrents for David Lynch: The Art Life?

It's on iTunes to buy.

Hahaha
L Y N C H E D
Y
N
C
H
E
D

I didn't think about that. I figured it was actually a dream and not just being possessed by a spirit but that makes sense. I know that they said his fingerprints were there but who knows, maybe in some circumstances being somewhere in a dream could have physical manifestations at times.

old ben is still there. he doesn't have the power yet

he's still there.

He mentioned 'our friends in new york'
no evidence to box connection yet though.

>Is it the future...
>Or...
>...Is it the past?

He's one of those hipsters that thinks you can only do things in analog and hates all digital effects. I think the effects are pretty good, though.

I think it's possible that Dougie popped into existence when he was manufactured, meaning perhaps less than 25 years ago?
Also someone figured out that Dougie is born on the same day and in the same place as Hasting.
RRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
I realize there's a difference, but I think it's Bob, we've seen Bob possess the Doppelganger, there's no reason to assume he left him.
I believe the Doppelganger was less verbal than Bob and it seems like Evil Cooper is almost adopting Bob's original look with the long greasy hair.

>it still is true that it's more Bob than it is the Doppelganger

No, it's entirely the doppelganger. BOB can move from entity to entity. Cooper's doppelganger is the one that needs to return so that Cooper can leave. Cooper and his doppelganger are bound by a duality where one of them must be in the lodge at all times, and the one outside must return for the one inside to go free. The doppelganger tried to get around this with Dougie, but it didn't entirely work and now Cooper and his doppelganger are retarded so long as they are both outside of the lodge.

>Don't forget there was that scene in the original series where MIKE was looking for BOB in the Great Northern, and Ben entering the room sent him into a seizure.
he was used as a red herring, they also filmed a scene with him killing maddie
the explanation is that he was just in a room alone with leland and that's why his smell was on him
>And the scene where Ben is startled by something off camera in his office
this i have no idea about, i think it was the same sound when the giant appeared before coop?
>Then he gets knocked the fuck out before the show ended
since doc hayward is present when dopple-coop wakes up it's safe to say nothing much has happened there

Of course Bob leaves the Black Lodge, he's actively trying not to go back in right now.
Cooper didn't jump into Dougie's body that I could see, Dougie got sucked into the Lodge as Cooper came out, they switched places. Presumably the way Cooper and BobCooper were supposed to switch places.

>The principal admitted he was there, but wasn't in control. He said he dreamed the whole thing. A spirit was controlling him. It reeked of Leland Palmer.

Exactly. I was thinking of Leland Palmer the whole time with this guy's scenes. I think he is the latest possession of BOB.

aHahaha
L Y N C H E D
Y
N
C
H
E
D

Kiefer Sutherland better return to autistically aid in investigations like in FWWM

>there's no reason to assume he left him

There is. He is currently possessing the principal.

was he really donna's father?

fucking duh the military block on the prints was briggs.

True, but I'm still just not convinced that's necessarily BOB.

Oh yeah. That kinda implies "Jeffries" knows he's not BOB, though.

Also, during the interview scene, I couldn't help but remember skinwalker stories from /k/ and /x/, what with how there's a "cadence" to the way people speak- and how skinwalkers always get that shit wrong. Fucking spooky shit, man.

Probably the wife. The black figure next to the cell when he's breaking down seems to have been feeding off his anguish (delicious creamed corn). He was probably drugged and framed (his prints were already all over the place due to fucking the librarian).

That doesn't make any sense. Why would he be using digital effects (and digital filming) if he didn't like them? And I can't even think of any other of his movies that even have CGI. I don't think Inland Empire did at all, though it didn't have anything that required it.

>and it seems like Evil Cooper is almost adopting Bob's original look with the long greasy hair.

THIS. When Cooper got the call with the guy saying "I WANT BOB" it was almost like a threat---like "I'm going to take BOB from you".

>He mentioned 'our friends in new york'
He actually says "she and her New York friends" in regards to the woman who saw a skunk, but nice catch. That scene happens directly after the NY one and I didn't even pick that up.

I wonder if there's any significance to Jerry wearing his mother's hat. The mother seems to be the only Horne we know nothing about.

tfw

post yfw the real Cooper marries Naomi Watts and Audrey/Annie get cuckqueaned for life

HellooooOOOOOOoooo

cant find any of donna's mom sooo cant add her

>the explanation is that he was just in a room alone with leland and that's why his smell was on him
lolwat

Wasn't that MIKE on the phone?

Can someone post the I SHIT MY PANTS bowie bit?

I don't think anyone cares about the Doppelganger returning, Mike and the dwarf have said they're interested in returning Bob or at least stopping it, that's what I remember at least.

I believe Cooper was just autistic because he had to "wake up" after 25 years of Red Room experience, I think you're reading this entirely wrong as Cooper appeared to have regained his consciousness after sipping on hot coffee last episode.

i want. i don't need.