What went wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OdXlQ3WUFZk&t=223s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

oops I meant to put 2017

Jesus the years are going by quickly

>2015 was 2 years ago
THE FUCK...

Good, normies can fuck off and leave my star wars alone.

>"We need more female characters so let me make Luke's lightsaber belong to Rey"
This is pretty blasphemous

>what went so wrong?
The Force Awakens was a hot mess that killed off genuine excitement for the franchise. Nobody gives a fuck about the next one.

>Luke's lightsaber
I meant Anakin's

>The Force Awakens was a hot mess that killed off genuine excitement for the franchise
but it has a high RT score and high IMDB score...

They made the mistake of releasing a star wars movie every year and remade episode 4

>tfw the original idea was to have Luke and Rey search for rare Jedi relics across the galaxy together
Would it have been better?

Because Force awakens was the beginning of nu-star wars

After being disappointed by tfa and rogue one, no one is super excited

Because normies don't give a fuck about SW + they piss off all the SW hardcore fans when they said everything about the fanfiction universe is not canon anymore.

+ EP 7 is shit

probably

It could have been worse. They could have given her Vader's lightsaber and made her turn it blue

So did TPM originally, only with time do people see overhyped shit for what it really is.

This nigga knows.

I see you're Kennedy and raise you pic related

>What went wrong?
Star Wars

>Force the female
Who let Raimi be involved?

why would they do this?

>Franchise catered towards males.
>alienate them in an attempt to gain a female following
Morons

Literally star wars threads every day still. They're just all about how shit it is.

Well there's been more love for the prequels recently

Is this a confirmation that the fucking tree rumors are true and that Rey is the good female energy?

>>Franchise catered towards males
not explicitly, only implicitly
Find me a pic of Lucas, Hamill, or Ford wearing a shirt saying, "the force is male"

Because market research indicates that females don't watch or care about Star Wars, so they're forcing as many cunts into leading roles as they can in an effort to appeal to women. It won't work of course, but until men and boys start standing up against this shit they won't stop doing shit like this.

The 40th anniversary and its panel felt more like a funeral than a celebration of Star Wars, tbqh.

TFA was the first Star Wars movie of a new era. It wasn't just a new movie people were anticipating, but how Disney would handle the franchise as a whole. There was a lot at stake. It could be a debacle to equal or surpass the prequels. Instead it was mostly okay and people generally liked it. So now there's less anxiety and people have an idea of what to expect.

>Well there's been more love for the prequels recently
>recently
I've been defending The Phantom Menace the day it came out

>Comfy space opera movie
>Liam Neeson and Ewan McGreggor are 10/10 in it
>Naboo
>pod racing
>great practicals blended with CGI
>10/10 soundtrack
>Highly enjoyable
>Tatooine with young Anakin is actually really good with the scenes where Qui Gon tries to make the deal to free him
>Emotional scene when Anakin leaves his mother
>The Jedi council being surprised to hear the Sith have returned
>Darth Maul
Okay Jar Jar is the weakest part but still the movie is great!

>Find me a pic of Lucas, Hamill, or Ford wearing a shirt saying, "the force is male"
Same reason for you to find me a pic of Lucas, Hamill, or Ford wearing a shirt saying "the force is female".

Lucas never brought female/male politics into the mix but of course Disney are

does this mean obiwan, akakin and yoda became blue girls?

I enjoyed episode 1, watched in on VHS hundreds of times. But that doesn't make it great, or even good. Objectively, it's a pretty terrible movie.

>I watched this movie hundreds of times but it isn't good
Come on

>Objectively
Objectively you would break it down into pieces and see that most pieces are very good. Great art direction, great visuals, great music, great pace because it's never boring, a lot of fresh inventive ideas, narratively important to the saga, presents the world of SW in a pretty cool way. Literally the only bad thing in PT are the characters and their dialogue. Everything else is good to great, especially if you accept that it's a kids movie. And even when it comes to characters, it has some moments. Ben, Sheev and Yoda are always good and even Anakin has his moments

>Use the female, Luke
Obi-Wan and his perversions.

>narratively important
Actually, exactly nothing of consequence happens at all in the film. Literally nothing. Starting with 9 year old Anakin was a mistake.

The plot was awful. Coruscant was awful. The trade federation was awful.

I will give you the sound/music though, that was good.
Eating McDonald's every day doesn't make the food gourmet.

Jews and nucinema

>nitpicks prequels that were filled with political intrigue, the rise of anakin and Star Wars confiness
>don't you dare do the same to the obviously worse in every way Force Awakens
Hahah

Well, we saw what The Mouse Jew was gonna do to Star Wars: take a beloved franchise so they could milk it for literally every single cent it was worth.

After that, we realized: Who the fuck cares anymore? Star Wars is the new capeshit, so there's no point in talking about it since Disney has the monopoly on that market.

That's not to say I didn't love Rogue One, however.

The prequels are about Sheev's rise to power. Sheev used the Naboo conflict to get enough support to oust the previous chancellor and take his place

>exactly nothing of consequence happens at all in the film
W-what? It's a story about Ben finding Darth Vader and taking him in. That's a pretty key moment for the saga. Also, it's a story of Ben losing his teacher and learning to take on the responsibility of being a teacher himself. Again, Ben is a key character, that's important.

The shills moved on to more lucrative pastures.

jews

Nah brah, the force awakens was shit. Jilust like how Palpatine was the only good thing in the prequels, Kylo was the only good thing about the new one.

Yeah, but you could have started with episode 2 and you wouldn't lose anything. The basic premise of "the space president is manipulating everyone for personal gain" doesnt change at all.

Because they're Jewish, look at the bird on the right she's a fucking caricature. They literally cannot help it.

Anakin being a slave who only managed to gain freedom because a powerful jedi wanted him while his nother had to stay behind is the start of his quest for power to control his life.

Rey would have mind controlled Qui Gon to take her mother with her and fixed the hyperdrive on their ship, killed maul, the separatist ship and unmasked palpatine

>Ben finding Darth Vader
Except he doesn't, qui gon finds him.
>It's a story about Ben losing his teacher and learning how to take on the responsibility
No it's not. Losing his teacher is an event that happens, but he doesn't learn anything and it's definitely not what the whole movie is about.

The fundamental problem is that there is such little interaction between ben and Anakin in the first movie and there is such a large time jump that nothing in episode 1 informs any of the characterization of their relationship in 2/3, hence why it isn't narratively relevant.

>Except he doesn't, qui gon finds him
You realise you're nitpicking right? Why does it matter who sees the boy first, it's still a story about Ben becoming Vader's teacher. It explains why and how that happened.

>learning a trade
>Also racing jet engines
>lives with his mom in their own house
>has enough free time to build a jet racer and a robot
Gee, how terrible. In retrospect, the scene in 2 where he kills the sand people would have been even better if he had found out that his mother had been enslaved while he was off becoming a jedi without the prior.shut with watto.

>explains why and how that happened
How is the fact that Ben promised his dying mentor to train this particular kid ever relevant in 2 or 3?

They're pushing this so hard jesus christ. Can't they think of a new franchise to pollute with gender politics? Why destroy a beloved franchise just to push your pointless agenda

>twin peaks has faster threads than GoT, Star Wars, and capeshit
There's nothing to discuss, just a product made for mass consumption.

Because that's what women do. They worm their way into anything men care about and make it about them.

You're not wrong user.

You're not wrong

What? No Star Wars threads?

The movie is out in half a year and I'm pretty sure we have atleast 3 active Star Wars threads at all times even now, I'm sick of it. Yesterday we had a thread just like this where the OP said "there's no hype for this" and the thread got +300 posts And the situation with the Star Wars threads will only get worse. I could take that sample TLJ picture and just type DUDE STARWARS LMAO and I'll get +200 posts, you're all delusional faggots,

>it's suddenly cool to like prequels
>TPM is suddenly kino
>all those manchildren discussing a derivative franchise designed to earn money

We're you all bullied at school, you are faggots, or both?

>gay rainbow Star Wars logo

The last Star Wars movie was released less than a year ago

But before TFA the last Star War movie was released like 10 years ago frin that point

its not hard to see this

Why are women so stupid?

"The Force is female"

ohhhhhhhhh who cares if she is female bitch, just write a good character you idiot.

>How is the fact that Ben promised his dying mentor to train this particular kid ever relevant in 2 or 3?
Because Ben is the teacher in 2 and 3 isn't he. And this explains how he became the teacher. What else kind of meaning do you want? It's fiction, there's nothing here you NEED to know. It's an origin story for Anakin and Ben. Whether you want to know their origin story or not is up to you, it's just for fun

Luke warned us.

youtube.com/watch?v=OdXlQ3WUFZk&t=223s

they fucked up and it aint entertaining to beat a dead horse

>2014
>Return of the Star Wars franchise to the big screen after 9 years and a complete reboot of the EU. Everyone curious and anxious about how the first movie with Disney at the helm will turn out.

Gee, I wonder why there was more buzz around Ep7 than now with Ep8?

This. Everyone pretending like they don't care about Star Wars anymore while they post their next autistic Star Wars essay post about all the little details and intricacies you gather from a fucking promo picture or whatever.
TLJ will make 1.5 billion box office easily, I bet that even half of the posters in this very thread will go see it at opening week.

Sup Forums needs a sweaty nigger to get excited

Because it wasn't yet known for certain it would be mediocre

Disney shills realized there was no way to monitor them because of the anonymous nature of this website so the lazy third worlders keep getting paid but post significantly less.

Star Wars is fucking shit, all of it. People are only now realizing because the nostalgia wore off.

>Implying it wasn't all the SJW feminist nigger loving libtard shit that turned the hardcore fans off

I'm a huge star wars fan but I can't care less.about these.three and rey. And han solo story is cancer

Guys don't pretend they're tough for watching Star Wars. Yet these cunts think they're hot shit. Half of them look submissive anyways.

Mark Hamill thinks the new movie is shit. Fuck it.

There was definitely way more sheevposting

What the fuck do they unironically mean even mean by this? This shit annoys me.

>disney makes the movies
>ea makes the games
>whole EU destroyed
this franchise is complete cancer now

because last time it was the first star wars movie for 10 years, and this time it's the first for 1 year

EZ, next q

I think you mean "what went right?" and the answer is that you stopped visiting Sup Forums so much and haven't noticed the daily Star Wars threads.

The characters are so fucking blank. No character developments whatsoever and a marry sue feminist protagonist. No thanks, Disney.

there's nothing to talk about. there's very little information about the movie, and yet we know exactly what's going to happen. tfa was the first of the series, so obviously there was more excitement because there were more possibilities. now we know they're just remaking the OT for a new generation

nothing went "wrong" because normies are still going to eat it up, and given that disney is artistically bankrupt that was their only actual goal

A Star Wars film being released should be an event. It was sixteen years between the OT and PT, and even when those trilogies were being released, there was a three year gap between movies, fueling hype and speculation. Now, they've essentially turned it into the Call of Duty of movie franchises. Even if they were only releasing the "main" movies, there's only a two year break between them, but there's also SW movies releasing in the between years, so there's no time to process the last one before they start the marketing machine on the next one. Even Lucas had more respect for the property than this.

tl;dr SW movies become a hell of a lot less special when you turn them into an assembly line product.

This is going to fuck them over in the long run. Young girls don't stay interested in Star Wars for long. When they grow up, they watch the CW or shows with bickering men so they can slash ship. These idiots are forgetting that women hate women.

Jesus, this is so true. Makes you think about shitslamic treatment of women, really does. Were they right all along?

No

I've just counted AT LEAST 9 kike women on that picture, holy fucking shit.

Star Wars is shit now

The movies are as bad if not worse than the prequels, EU is gone and nuLore sucks, books are written by SJW cucks obsessed with faggotry, TV Show bombed and is cancelled, Lucasarts got closed and EA got the fucking exclusive rights for vidya whos games pale in comparison to shit released 10 years ago

Not even to mention the pathetic attempt at pushing feminism and diversity on all ends when people care more about robots and aliens

>white man builts media empire and franchise
>nerd fanbase which is pretty much 90% white and male supports it for decades
>throws it all out of the window to pander to shitskins and women who dont even fucking care beyond taking some "nerd selfies"

>nobody's posted the new PR pic yet

By turning Star Wars into a girl franchise their slowly gonna loose the merchandise market.

I remember when I was a kid I would never buy stuff from girl shows or movies. Hell, I think girls stop caring about that kinda merchandise much earlier than boys.

What do they mean the force is female? To be female u need to have a vagina. Force has a vag? Don't think so. I'm a feminist but these bitches need to fuck off.

Kids dont even care about Star Wars if we are honest about it. They got so much more shit to play and choose from Star Wars at best is a small fad with them

because the surprise is gone, we already know what to expect.

>No star shit spam
More like what went right?

>I'm a feminist
hahaha look at this faggot

>"yeah I don't care about Star Wars anymore"
>posts in the sixth Star Wars thread today

Me on the right

you make no sense. you can discuss shit and still be over it

Hamill is a fucking SJW, Trump-hating, liberal. He is salty that they didn't write Luke to be a badass. Knowing his sense of humor he could just be playing around.