Opinions on this guy's movie videos?

Opinions on this guy's movie videos?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Pe0SmaBUZT0
youtube.com/watch?v=BD-YZbeajeY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

makes normalfags look smart by giving them the basic gestalt

It's alright. I like these sorts of videos about movies, but it's often the creators I don't like or care for.

I like his videos about paintings.

he's a hipster who caters to normie tastes. A living caricature

Talks utter nonsense to "make peoples marbles move"

So this person has 1.5m YouTube subscribers and I've absolutely no idea who he is.

Redditor supreme

you're not wrong
youtube.com/watch?v=Pe0SmaBUZT0

Awesome!!!

His Arrival video has 1.6M views

Started of as a completely pseudo-intellectual channel with zero actual substance, now it's just a slightly less pseudo-intellectual channel with great editing.
That's about it really.

not really
He seemed to like Passengers even though every normie and their feminist mistress was bashing it for muh sexism

kaptainkristian is the goat when it comes to these kinds of videos.

that coffee looks like fucking shit.

whos /our/ youtube guy?

He's a humanities major that makes normie-bait videos about "art" and Drumpf. Listening to him is like blowing yourself for figuring out that 2+2=4

he makes me cry

To have...an opinion...about Nerdwriter1...one needs to go back in time...to the first successful youtube video essay filmmaker...*cut to Every Frame a Painting title card*... Making a smart video essay is not easy *Arnold as Conan the Barbarian pushing the wheel of pain* ... one has to do extensive research about the subject, and really understand the...history *a scientist in a lab coat does science shit*... then comes putting it together *stock footage of quirky pretty nerdy college girl in black rimmed glasses looking at a scary pile of textbooks and reseach notes*...editing is like solving pieces to a puzzle, each pieces... has to fit perfectly in the right place *montage of jig saw puzzles, chess playing, space shuttle docks with the ISS*... with picture... *Det. Rust Cohle sticks a suspec's photo on a growing wall of case clues* ... and sound *dramatic orchestral music playing over clips of a classic silent film*... and comes the final piece ...of storytelling... not just adding a voice over with thoughtful... intellect... insight... and gravitas, but also showing visuals that... inspire and... evoke deep emotions... because-- at the end of the day... the purpose of the video essay IS to educate, through... as the old proverb states... "showing not telling." *cue pianissimo poignant outro music...which slowly crescendoes!*... fade to black.

Thank you for watching. Please like, subscribe, and check out my Patreon page if you want to support the channel.

>Good when talking about art
>Horrible when talking politics

As much as he triggers others, he's probably of his little group of "youtube essayists" he's probably the least obnoxious. His attempt to make everything appear "profound" is sheer idiocy, but it has given him an audience, so who am I to complain. That said, he does at least have something to say for the most part. He's able to engage with the material in a somewhat critical manner, unlike hiss peer KaptainKristian who is practically providing free PR for whatever subject he's discussing. If you're a fan of his I implore you to go back to any of his videos, he has nothing critical or insightful to say whatsoever. It's almost as if he found an old press release and is reading that verbatim with some glossy editing and a neat soundtrack on top. I fucking can't stand that channel.

>he maek video about daddy so he is badd!!!

A bit of a faggot. His stuff is still kinda insightful but its kinda deprived of actual substance at the same time.

there are much much better video essay channels out there

rossatron

Nerdwriter doesn't have any particularly great critical insight. He picks out one small aspect of a film, explains why it's neat in an overly verbose manner and then implores the viewer to keep an eye out on the next viewing of the film he's talking about. If he broadened his critical scope his videos would be much better.

Sure. My intention wasn't to overly praise his efforts merely to place him within a given structure: that being the youtube video essayist community and I'd hoped the use of the word "somewhat" might lessen the complimentary air of my post and situate it within that given structure. He's no great critical mind, I know that, believe me, merely a youtuber who I've watched less than 10 videos of.

I loved his 'A Serious Man' analysis but out of nowhere he threw in his atheist agenda. No issue with that, but I took issue with him not acknowledging the film can be interpreted in many ways.

He's made an art form of saying nothing at all.

KaptainKristian, EFAP and Channel Criswell have him beat by leaps and bounds.

>not watching the based Video Essayist

fpbp

this

pretty good

they're ok

He's "really makes you think" incarnate

Acceptable: EFAP, Criswell, i don't know too much about Unacceptable: Nerwriter, Kristian and all the other clones

and there you have it

One of the most punchable faces I've ever seen. If you're going to have a punchable face at least have the balls to be willing to piss people off like this faggot.

I watched a couple videos of his because /lit/ almost universally jerks off over him. He looks smug and really says nothing substantial about the books he's supposedly discussing.

>lit jerks off over him

he had some redeeming videos and I followed him in the beginning. But there very little there beneath the veneer of pretentiousness

now you see it is better

youtube.com/watch?v=BD-YZbeajeY
this guy edits

1.5 million subs is by no means high profile.

This, this so much. We are all the same.

>mfw i come to Sup Forums for the same reason except the mutual interest is cyberbullying eachother