>Black people everywhere, even as nobles

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas-Alexandre_Dumas
imgur.com/f4KtGMS
.imgur.com/u2yf0Z7
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>What is Othello

Dark Ages Europe had black people

How hard did this movie bomb? This is definitely getting memoryhole'd at Disney HQ

>2 (two) threads about this
I thought we establized with a huge ass thread days ago that the black people are literally barely in it and you fags are acting like fifteen year olds aka like tumblr. Try for once to make a thread that isn't memes

>In Venice

As a major Mediterranean trading hub Venice had a population whose ethnicity in it's diversity did not represent rest of the continent. You wouldn't have found black people even 50 miles outside of Venice. There were as many black people in Europe at the time as there were white people in China or Sub-Saharan Africa.

over a billion worldwide drumpflet

Not many fuck off you god damn sjw

>19th century
>Dark Ages

Oh shit you were trolling, my bad.

It didn't
>You wouldn't have found black people even 50 miles outside of Venice.
Citation needed

How can something that won the first ever gender neutral acting award be forgotten?

It broke so many records I can't keep count.Currently the tenth highest grossing film in history. Highest grossing domestic pg movie, highest grossing musical, higjtest grossing musical in the UK, highest opening for a female lead film, google exists

The only person with a memory hole is you dumbass

There's some other version of Beauty and the Beast that came out in the last few years. how was that?

better Lea Seydoux was great in it

Reddit/tv drumptards utterly rekt

>Citation needed

Try and prove me wrong.

yea there were no beast or talking tea cups either in 19th century france
i guess it's just a fantasy movie

>how am i supposed to suspend my disbelief while watching a fairy tale with a werewolf and talking teacups!

Absolutely horrible but listen to Sup Forums autist contrarians if you wish.

It has thus far been the most successful movie this year.

Christ just nuke this board at this point. Do we need anymore proof that 7/10 or more people here are actually clueless about anything and everything yet that ones talking the talk.

Black nobles in 19th century France? No way

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas-Alexandre_Dumas

How am I supposed to suspend my disbelief when this """""""""woman""""""""" is supposed to play the Beauty?

N O A S S
O
A
S
S

I really took the Beast for an assman

You made the claim, user. Prove your own point first.

>It's fantasy, which means there is absolutely no need for consistency and realistic depictions of cultures!

Why is this retarded argument constantly being repeated?

>yfw watching this at the cinema and it turns out to be kino
>disneykino now exists

No one said they didn't exist, just that they were exceptionally rare. Idiots like you always like to search for the few exceptions and then pretend they were the norm completely unaware that you are pretty much proving the other's point for them.

Wtf

His point is common knowledge though. You are the one making the historical revisionist claim that Europe was full of black people in the 20th century. If someone told you "subsaharan Africa didn't have many white people pre colonial days", they wouldn't be the ones to have to prove their claim either.

yeah, they were so rare, uh-huh

I really can't be bothered. Internal movement in Europe up to the 20th century was limited by the feudal system so no black serfs. Besides legal restrictions you travelled by boat on rivers if you were in good standing with the local nobles, otherwise it was on foot. Horses were too expensive for serfs to own. Black merchants could've theoretically been seen as far as the Hanseatic League's cities in northern Germany but these routes were dominated by domestic Merchant's Guilds so again, unlikely. There must've been some, after all Marco Polo did make his way to China so it isn't that outrageous to expect a few black merchants to have visited at the time. Black nobility in Europe is a modern fantasy again due to feudalism. The Reconquista was in full swing and moors (the common name for any Sub-Saharan Africans) were treated with hostility as enemies of the Church and all of Christian Europe (all of it), like Saracens during the Crusades. That's as much as I'll give (you).

Now counter my points.

>black people were systematically oppressed by whites throughout history
>black people have always been nobility in Europe and always had the exact same opportunities as any white person to rise in social rank, even in the dark ages and Europe during the colonial days.

So, which one is it?

>historical revisionist claim that Europe was full of black people
I didn't say that at all
>I really can't be bothered
>Types out a paragraph
First four results from googling "Africans in feudal France" show results for evidence of them being in spain as early as 1400's.
BnB takes place around the 1700's

I have no idea why this is considered a big deal, all things considered. Since the movie is about magic,women who are allowed to have ideas of their own and junk.

And dumas

two things can be true at once, dumbass

Not if they are two diametrically opposed premises.

It hurts the consistency of the world it creates when the story of Belle is as you said that of a woman who has her own ideas and goes against societal standards. However, the society they show us is apparently a deeply tolerant, post-racial society where for some unexplained reason only white women are still oppressed.

>implying you wouldn't lick her feet if you ever met her

I'm sorry your a brainlet

So what? Would you fuck a man if he had a nice ass?

post more qt emmas

I like how you are literally telling me to use double-think to solve this dilemma of your own historic revisioning not adding up with the whole oppressed victim narrative.

>your a
What is wrong with my a?

It's better when one element is fantastical (the beast and his castle) rather than every single thing

History books of my region

tell that to alice in wonderland
or wizard of oz
or peter pan
or... I'm getting nostalgic now

This

>Too long

Yeah that's the short answer. A good answer would require some sources and an interest in your part to read them through so I can't be bothered to waste my time. To prove how much of a waste of time this has been, your counter was a google search and a generalization based on that.

It's a big deal since it's pure and utter revisionist crap that makes the uneducated masses accept a fictional narrative as historically representative of it's source time frame and location.

>Emma Watson isn't hot!
Whatever you say, Sup Forumsirgin faggot.

it's fa/tv/irgin actually

>othello
>black

post that image friend, the original, it looks really cool

>flashing the white power sign

gross

All these shills acting like this cunt movie is any good

Big cost, big revenue, totally forgettable, reliant on the name (Cameron, Beauty and the Beast)

I hope that stupid cunt gets ovary cancer

They were all mixed race people though. "Gens de couleur" as they were called back then.

You're not suggesting that Othello wasn't black are you?

>werewolf

If only

This is the cultural damage that has been done by making othello a pity/progressive black role.

It's simple, they were all sons of noblemen who legitimized their mixed-race progeny. You don't simply "become" a noble in 18th century Europe especially if you're not white.

Only two of them are darkies though and they certainly could have done a worse job of it, for example they could make they could've made Gaston and the beast black.
You know there was a producer somewhere pushing for that.

IAGO
"Even now, now, very now, an old black ram
Is tupping your white ewe. Arise, arise!
Awake the snorting citizens with the bell,
Or else the devil will make a grandsire of you.
Arise, I say!"

oh wow thank you!

>speeg autiat has no self awareness that he ounds butthurt episode
Lmao thays why everyone was memeing it would bomb. The director wrote the screenplay to chicago and directed it very well.

a hole is a hole

I use this cropped version as my background if you want it widescreen you're welcome!

thanks yeah actually looks better for the desk ratio, thanks for the emmas i dont really have a lot of her pics

Do you think Elizabethan Englishmen had the same contemporary terminology, sensibilities, and race perceptions as you? Everyone that is swarthy is black to a 1500s Englishman. It doesn't mean afro-engilsh or african-american like it does today.

Othello is a Moor. In the 1500s and even earlier in Venice Europeans had barely met subsaharan africa. It's hard to get to without proper navel technology. But they had run into plenty of Moors and Arabs in places like, you know, Spain.

Yes Moor is a catch all term for anyone swarthy in ye olden days so it POSSIBLE it could mean a subsaharan african, but it is overwhelmingly more likely to mean an actual moor.

enjoy your terminal cancer

Np you need to save more then

imgur.com/f4KtGMS
.imgur.com/u2yf0Z7

>so many records I can't keep count
So 3?

yeah actually just started one Emma folder

She isn't really oppressed at all tho, people in a small idiot town are largely weirded out by the smart person.
>A good answer would require some sources and an interest in your part to read them through so I can't be bothered to waste my time
But you can be bothered to reply and act snooty, right?
>A fantasy movie about a magical beast and his qt waifu
>masses accept a fictional narrative as historically representative of it's source time frame and location.
That's a serious case of the autism you have there.

No those are the only ones I can recall verbatim. It broke a bunch on opening weekend alone its the highest grossing opening and film for the month of march, there's another

>laugh lines at 27
women really do age like milk

It's from smirking smugly so much.

theyre just crows feet

that bitter cunt has never laughed in her life

She laughs and smiles lot and she's aged very well

Well hundreds of thousands of pictures and gifs of her laughing online you sound bitter ya friendless neet

Shes an actor

Fake laughter is as fake as fake suicide

Do it or dont

More pics for that user

She laughs real all the time that's how anyone learns to act irl and laugh maestro

The whole movie is a timefuck:
Interracial relationships
Mum died of plague about a century too late
Plastic toy rose
Servants and spouses don't seem to age.

On a side note what the fuck was an inventor/artist doing living in a windmill in the capital. This is why France was poor and the revolution happened.

How was this allowed?