Winnie-the-Pooh and the Royal Birthday

Winnie-the-Pooh and the Royal Birthday

A new story published for free by Disney to celebrate Winnie-the-Pooh's and Queen Elizabeth II's 90th birthdays. Written by Jane Riordan and illustrated by Mark Burgess in the style of A. A. Milne and E. H. Shepard.

PDF: cdnvideo.dolimg.com/cdn_assets/c746f1893ff36c08a697a03e750688ae3bc4c498.pdf

Video: youtube.com/watch?v=t2tSqyVJC7M

How much do you royal subjects really care about the Queen? Like on a personal level.

I'd wager most people don't care that much, but anyone who was alive during the Blitz fucking LOVES her. She took an extremely active role in supplying aid to the citizenry and was basically seen as a goddamn hero.

They're changing guard at Buckingham Palace -
Christopher Robin went down with Alice.
Alice is marrying one of the guard.
"A soldier's life is terrible hard,"
Says Alice.

We saw a guard in a sentry-box.
"One of the sergeants looks after their socks,"
Says Alice.

We looked for the King, but he never came.
"Well, God take care of him, all the same,"
Says Alice.

They've great big parties inside the grounds.
"I wouldn't be King for a hundred pounds,"
Says Alice.

A face looked out, but it wasn't the King's.
"He's much too busy a-signing things,"
Says Alice.

"Do you think the King knows all about me?"
"Sure to, dear, but it's time for tea,"
Says Alice.

Not much, but I like Harry.

>you will never swear your loyalty to King "Kebab Remover" Henry IX

I'd rather King Harry than President Trump.

She seems nice, like a distant great grandma figure for all.

k

The queen and the royals in general are just an excuse for parties and drinking and shit. Only lonely middle-aged/old women actually care about them.

Live in a former colony and I actually like her. I think the royal family has an appeal that I can only describe as cute.
With that said, fuck the British Empire.

Queen, Harry and William are decent. But the rest...waste of spaces who should have their financial support removed. If we're gonna have a monarchy, please let it be something other than a hereditary monarchy.

She had something like a 90% approval rating in the last poll/study. Not so much the other royals.

She also gives all her earnings from business/property in leui of paying tax in return for a "wage" which works out as something like £50m in return for £3m each year.

I don't think you know what the word Monarchy means user.

Poland used to elect their monarchs

I don't give a single solitary fuck, but I don't speak for the majority of bongs. Anti-monarchy sentiments will probably grow after Charles becomes king because he's a prick.

Charles seems cool. I don't get the dislike for Charles.

Roman monarchy for a brief period was appointed rather than passed in Heriditary manner.

He just doesn't seem to have much sense. One of the Queen's best points is her reserve. Charles... everyone finds out the stupid shit he thinks. Like the infamous wanting to be a tampon.

ILU user

She's a charming old bint, innit. Chazza can blooming get to, though, boy needs to chivvy along and pop his clogs.

Canada and Australia's governor-generalship seems like a good alternative. We could turn the monarchy into a foundation.

Look how that turned out for them.

I can't blame him for having some interests and passions, he's only human. He's genuinely done a lot of good with his environmental, charitable and Prince's Trust stuff.
I don't really care who the Monarch is but it just seems like the default position is to dislike Charles even though he's actually a decent enough guy.

Some of its a residual hangover from the Diana/Camilla stuff. I know someone who intensely dislikes Charles because of how that ended and similarities to their own life.

>"illustrated" by Mark Burgess, in that he traced E. H. Shepard's original drawings and then sort of tried to emulate that style for everything else, but then remembered he had a deadline
ftfy
I quite like her - she has a dry sense of humour and doesn't take anyone's shit, but she's not rude about it, unlike her nitwit of a husband. Still, I'll miss them both when they do go.
So, Poland are Naboo?
Well, it'll probably be Queen Victoria and Edward VII all over again

bump