/who/ - Doctor Who General

Based Chinese market saving doctor who edition

- 以前的線程

Other urls found in this thread:

transfer.sh/kaCv1/25 - Interference, Book One_ Shock Tactic (Lawrence Miles) B.pdf
transfer.sh/cGy5N/Extracted pages from BSBF14 - Something Changed - various (edited by Simon Guerrier).pdf
bigfinish.com/news/v/doctor-who---limited-edition-special-offers
transfer.sh/h2NG5/Extracted pages from First Aid for the USMLE Step 1 2017 (2017).pdf
youtube.com/watch?v=8s6y-4vLnKY
pastebin.com/0Q7nmMFz
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Quick, /who/, we need an idea for the 60th anniversary special!

I predict lowest EVER overnight viewing figures for this episode.

Also, "The Pyramid at the End of the World" = longest title for televised episode...?

>60th
nah, we should be planning for the 75th anniversary

Well, go on then, pitch your idea

>three "the"s
how did this get allowed? Nobody thought at any point to make the title less of a mouthful?

hey guys I have a pretty interesting university task

I need to find examples of manipulation, lies, violence / crime, superstitions / prejudices, mental disorders and traumatic situations (with demonstration of protective reactions) in fiction, TV series or films.
It is necessary to describe one example in any five of the six described types of psychological threats in terms of its content, psychological causes / mechanisms of occurrence and possible ways of counteraction / coping / assistance.

I'm planning to use Doctor Who for every single instance
Any ideas which scenes/episodes should I use?
I'm writing about the scene from Midnight where they are all panicking and confronting Ten at the moment

Shada with as many Doctors as they can throw in.

>I'm planning to use Doctor Who for every single instance
why?

Because I can

But there are better examples to use that give you more to talk about than a PG british kids show

Care to explain why you made the new thread at 307 posts?

I want to do this for fun

So you don't care about good grades?

Should've just called it The Mysterious Pyramid or Assault of the Benefactors

Ah, autism then.

>"The Pyramid at the End of the World" = longest title for televised episode...?
The Doctor, The Widow, and the Wardrobe

Why would they do that when that's what makes it cool?

>It is necessary to describe one example in any five of the six described types of psychological threats
What are the six types? Anyway, Vincent and the Doctor will probably be be useful. And maybe Kinda.

Not really

>What are the six types
>manipulation, lies, violence / crime, superstitions / prejudices, mental disorders and traumatic situations

Except there's still just parts of narration instead of actual scenes

>traumatic situations
You can use those scenes of the Eighth Doctor getting bashed with electric batons. He also has a long dialogue with his fellow captive (there is a lot of good material about politics and the purpose in cowing people) about the making of his fictional worlds and constantly reassures his fellow captive that he will find a way to get the other guy out.

This extract is from Interference: transfer.sh/kaCv1/25 - Interference, Book One_ Shock Tactic (Lawrence Miles) B.pdf

Oh, duh.

Well, manipulation, lies, and violence should be easy. For superstition/prejudice maybe The Face of Evil would be a good one. Although that one's also manipulation. I guess superstitions in Doctor Who usually turn out to be either a means of manipulation or it's aliens. Usually both, in fact.

And this is a story in which a thoroughly fucked up Time Lord (Braxiatel) convinces his human self to kill himself to restore reality to its proper place.
transfer.sh/cGy5N/Extracted pages from BSBF14 - Something Changed - various (edited by Simon Guerrier).pdf

DSM-V definition of major depressive disorder. I think this is the only actual mental disorder on Doctor Who, things like melancholia, schizophrenia, bipolar have very high requirements for DSM-V diagnosis.

>big finish list novel adaptaions vol 1 for £45
>figure their discount won't got below £30
>buy one on ebay for £27
>big finish sale price is £25
>too late to cancel order now
bigfinish.com/news/v/doctor-who---limited-edition-special-offers

I'm not too fussed over a couple of pounds difference, but it would have been nice to get the "Saving 10% on an order over £50.00" deal making it free shipping. And to also have the purchase linked to my account.

Would it be bad form to ask the ebay seller for a refund and send it back when it gets here?

Also Big Finish Limited Edition sale for anyone. Includes Novel Adaptations Vol 1 and 2 and Light at the End.

And this is an extract from First Aid USMLE which will give you possible ways of counteraction / coping / assistance as well as a list of easy mental disorder diagnoses.

transfer.sh/h2NG5/Extracted pages from First Aid for the USMLE Step 1 2017 (2017).pdf

>complaining about articles

Why don't you watch Doctor Who with Polish or Russian dub, there are no articles in Slavic languages, so the 'the' will not bother you anymore.

youtube.com/watch?v=8s6y-4vLnKY

>Assault of the Benefactors
I swear if Moffat steals my Benefactors idea.

madman

will you shut the fuck up about this already you troglodyte

>Would it be bad form to ask the ebay seller for a refund and send it back when it gets here?
Yes, very bad form.

That's weird. I've just recieved a ban for a post I didn't make. Anyone else experienced this?

Could have been an IP range ban aimed at someone in your country?

This is incorrect.
If you have a dynamic IP address it's pulled from a limited pool and you probably got assigned one from someone who was banned.

you probably got a new IP, occasionally you get one from someone who was banned
I got one where someone had been banned for posting CP once

>I'm planning to use Doctor Who for every single instance
You're going to come off as a massive autist

There's no point in not being autistic if you can't be a massive autist sometimes.

I haven't been on GB for a while, how is Cheers Jon Blum defending the latest ratings débacle?

That doesn't follow. The point in not being autistic is to live a life free from autism

I think I would shit myself if that happened to me. I'd be expecting the pigs to boot my door in.

Books

Are poop

Skoob

That one is ye

>posting an infamously bad book
bookanon why?

Bookanon DELET THIS

user, here's the deal, you tell me a joke and if I don't find it amusing I will report you for ban evasion.

You have 1 hour.

What would the plot of this story be if it took place in the current year?

>I spend my entire days and nights on /who/
SAD.

Why was 7 afraid of 8? Because 8 Hurt 9.

Where do you think he's posting from? They have computers in prison nowadays.

I deem your joke worthy.

>We will never get a Chinese Knock off called "Most Venerable Physician Wu"
>He will never have a Food Cart that is just as big on the Inside then it is on the outside, that can travel to alternate universes
>He will never use a "Radiant Chopsticks" that has apps
>He will never use his Cart to show some poor traitorous citizen of China in a sufficiently close enough universe that is very much like our 1989 that the Tiananmen Square protests never happened and are a lie spread by counterrevolutionaries.

wew that's actually a nice one user
classic subversion, very effective

>tfw I'm not the same user and I just wanted to post that joke

>It's a Rayner novel

I remember liking "Only Human" of the 9 books, Gareth wrote it I believe.

Oh well in that case. is not off the hook yet.

The ban has expired. Go fuck yourself

How did this happen that I dont have any real life friends?

Because

Not even remotely funny. Very disappointed in you, user.

Bookanon still loves IBO, everybody go home.

what's so bad about it?

As a rule of thumb, NSAs are shit.

Love is a super strong word, probably my favorite AU though aside from Turn A and GBF both of which barely count

It's flawed af but eh I just never got the hateboner for it that /m/ did

Honestly though I just saw that smug kudelia collecting dust and was like sure that's the face for this post

I liked them.
Can't remember what WTA was about. I got it mixed up with Stealers of Dreams which I liked a lot.
Probably because similar covers (tall buildings)

I've gathered evidence of you harassing Girly Letters, Claudia, Adam and every other single person you have ever harassed. Going to the police with those.

I want a bf.

So do I :( I want a bf who I can cuddle with while watching Doctor Who.

I just realized that user was saying "That one is, yeah." Somehow on first pass I interpreted "ye" as the archaic version of "you" and "that one" to refer to the poop, so the post meant "You are poop," or more literally "That poop is you (not books)," a cutting insult in response to user's attack on books.

It's a story about hedgehog boys using people playing what they think is a videogame to fight mantis boys and it's pretty dumb

That's unfair to a number of them but I'm way past arguing in favor of things to /who/

I think you might like this passage out of Seven Surrenders by Ada Palmer (one of the Hugo novel finalists for this year). Immediately after reading it I googled her name and Gundam and found that Palmer was a gundamfag.
pastebin.com/0Q7nmMFz

IBO has a lot of great reaction faces and novel ideas.

NSAs might be readable but a few of the EDAs, PDAs and Virgin ones are a bit more literary.

I really want to dock with someone.

Perhaps I could be your bf?

Okay. Here's a funny joke. Your life.

(you)

if the half face man was uploaded to the nethersphere, wouldn't amy and rory have also been uploaded?

I want a man uploaded to my nethersphere.

/who/ is very sex hungry today

Neat

Imma be real here these Star Wars books haven't let me have a break for Who books in a while it's the worst I'm the worst

Viv tangentially related also a Disney property

Alright I'm gonna go now see you all next time I'm linked a thread

Someone from Into the Dalek was as well and that's in the future, so presumably every companion was.

I'm not sure literally everyone was uploaded but so what?

I jumped on the Thrawn train because /swco/ had all the books neatly arranged within about twenty seconds of it getting released and Thrawn has all the aspects of things that I like in a character. I then went on a massive Zahn splurge then switched to straight science fiction for a while whilst I watched nuWho.

So many books, so little time.

Assuming you mean the new Thrawn book are you watching Rebels you should probably watch Rebels my dude

Tangentially related Kyuranger is spacey

YOU'RE USING YCARNOS AS AN ASSASSIN

I want to unload into a man's nethersphere.

I have only watched the Thrawn clip compilation from Rebels insofar but I've read Command Decision, Crisis of Faith, TTT, Outbound Flight, Choices of One and Thrawn.

There's a high likelihood I'll watch S4 Rebels though.

This year and next year is loaded with scifi and hopefully more Who too.

Wow George Takei looks really young

Whilst we're talking non Who sciffy, anyone here read the Dune series? Would you recommend them to someone who loved the movie?

Good luck with that. I'm behind seven proxies.

Dead Of Winter is a good moody quasi-historical with Eleven and Amy. Deep Time, Blood Cell, and Plague City are great Twelve novels. The Story Of Martha and The Eyeless are the good Ten novels. Only Human is a good Nine novel.

And The Coming Of The Terraphiles is...not good, but it's certainly unique. It's certainly the weirdest NSA around, and the least accessible one. Stars Eleven and Amy, and was written while Series 5 was being made.

Anyone want to dock with me?

Have they announced who the new Dr. Who is going to be yet?

Put a penis in your foreskin? Only if we cosplay as Doctors.

I'm not gay, I just want to dock.

I'm sorry to have to break it to you like this but that makes you as bent as a nine bob note.

not yet, but many people are saying it'll be Kris Marshall