Just watched the first half an hour of this

Just watched the first half an hour of this
It's just a bunch of gross Russians covered in "mud" looking at the camera

Does it ever get to a point or is it just gross meandering nonsense ?

just nonsense, also fucking boring

it doesnt.

It just gets grosser and stranger.

It's poop

It's shit. But which movie is this?

The ultimate pleb filter.

ok so what is good about this shit fest?

I remember watching this.
It wasn't easy

It's the best depiction of a medieval world ever. It doesn't just capture the cliche visuals, it goes into a medieval state of mind. It's like a movie made in a medieval society.
It is a bit dull, but sometimes that's the price you pay for your kino experience.

More like modernist cunt detector

meh. Kino it's a big word to describe this.

its fucking kino.

The only reason you think that is because you're a pleb.

You can't enjoy kino, you're like a teenage girl who would comment how "weird" it is after watching 10 seconds.

Don't make threads like these, your understanding of film is infantile, stick with the capeshit I know for a fact you watch.

I loved it. I don't think there's much out there like it.

I was also hungover as shit when I watched it which helped.

You have witnessed one of the most unique, innovative, poetic and thoroughly misanthropic films of all times and you failed at appreciating it. Good job, pleb! If all those immersive long close-up handheld camera shots did not manage to capture you, than nothing ever will.
Don't even try to continue watching this awesome work of art. Watch some generic derivative capeshit or spaceshit. Maybe you understand that better.

What movie is this?

numb and dumb people like you are the reason our world often so unbearable. I wish inferior trash like you would simply cease to exist. Life would be much more enjoyable.

>It's the best depiction of a medieval world ever.

Only it wasn't like that. Shit was colorful as fuck, they had festivals all the time, and people still had good taste.

What a nice picture!

Hard To Be A God

The movie is in black and white and doesn't take place on our earth.

This movie fascinated me from the second I put it on. It only got better when you fully pay attention and notice things like Rumata just willing birds into existence with his hand motions.

same fag

That wasn't the point of either post.

>It's the best depiction of a medieval world ever

no its not you poo-in-loo faggot. its the directors perception of a pre-communism Russia. If you can't even discern that much you should stop posting on Sup Forums, reddit is 3 doors down.

>the royalty, knights, and the rich merchants lived in colourful outfits which means the plebs and serfs were colourful and probably were very happy as well
You obviously don't have any clue about history, and no, shit you see on Sup Forums or Sup Forums don't count.

You shouldn't live in the first world (where the society will help you) to understand that movie. But this movie is not only about some parts of the world, but also about the common world's direction in general.

t. Russian.

>being this tryhard

>ITT:

nevsky is shit
nothing great has come out of russia
only decent movies out of russia are about mongolia or siberia

>hmmm people tell me this is a slow, weird, russian movie
>i wonder if i'll like it as much as my superhero pictures
Normally I'd commend people for breaking out of their comfort zones and trying something new but this pure kino doesn't deserve to be watched by someone without knowledge of foreign and historical cinematic understanding.