Should I watch English or Japanese version?

should I watch English or Japanese version?
>inb4

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4w8fm7OvsTQ
knowyourmeme.com/memes/keit-ai-finds-a-way/
tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/WebOriginal/KeitAi
youtube.com/watch?v=JcVGDV67L-g
youtube.com/watch?v=o_rz1bluG_k
youtube.com/watch?v=JLUjMWRCzic
webtoons.com/en/challenge/keit-ai/list?title_no=36825
fictionpress.com/s/3206139/1/Keit-AI-Tomoyuki-x-Seiko-Keit愛-奉文-x-聖子
independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/news/your-name-spirited-away-highest-grossing-anime-of-all-time-a7530876.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>watching weebshit

depends,

Do you speak Japanese or do you speak English?

Are you so stupid you have to ask Sup Forums what language you speak?

Watch it however you want.

If I were you, watch the Japanese version first then watch the English dub after.

As with most films and series; if possible, watch it in the original language.

English is fine.

The English version is pretty decent for a dub so go ahead and watch that.
Though this is the only anime I'd ever recommend watching the dub for

Do you speak Japanese? if yes watch the Japanese ver.
Do you speak English? if yes watch the English ver.

As a non-weeb, I can tell you I prefer the dub in most cases unless it's particularly bad. I don't like hearing nippons speak and it's just more engaging to watch a film in my native language.
all of the ghibli movies have pretty good dubs, so go with the english version.

I'm too far gone now, I think it's time for me to go all in and watch anime.
besides I watched it when I was a kid, I just wanted to watch it now because I forgot how it went.

they are getting better, but a lot of the translations they use for dubs are shockingly bad especially with vague stuff like the spirits in mononoke. Also a lot of VAs they get are actually worse than japanese VAs who do it for a living.

I dare you to say nothing is lost in this dub

youtube.com/watch?v=4w8fm7OvsTQ

Even if you're a native english speaker, the japanese voice acting has more nuance and emotion to it. You're a big boy, you can handle subtitles.

Watched 20 mins of this before turning it off.
The animation is beautiful obviously but its more of a kids movie than Frozen for fucks sake.
Wish i had of seen it when i was younger.

>watching dubs
>ever
kys

What does it being a kids' movie have anything to do with anything? It's a good story about a little girl who learns humility and responsibility via hard work. You don't have to be a kid to enjoy that.

Watch it with subtitles. People are mocking this for being for children but it is a must see for anybody who considers themselves a fan of cinema. It's a beautiful piece of work and Sup Forums plebs thinks it's just another cartoon. Pathetic.

Every time.
>trust me the gook version just sounds better, no I don't speak Japanese

do you watch the 400 blows with fuckin english dub? no. original language.

dubs are disgusting

Is this the superior Japanese voice acting people talk about?

A film should be watched in its original language ALWAYS. If you are too stupid or lazy to read subtitles then you should stick to watching capeshit and cartoons. Some people even see the watching of foreign films as being pretentious! Imagine being so utterly insecure in your lack of intelligence to have such views.

user is too mature for animation

You always watch film or shows in their original language with subtitles unless you are a braindamaged pleb.

Now see user you'd have a point if this was a thread about foreign real movies and not cartoons.
It's animation man, you're not missing out on body language that's tied to the original language or anything.

Fair point. I do think that a film should be watched in its native tongue though but I suppose being an animation, and as long as the voice acting is done to a high professional standard, then it would not detract very much from the viewing experience. I stand somewhat corrected.

>tfw you want to watch the original language with subtitles but it's shittily dubbed and everything is ruined

>Not watching one of the single best movies ever made

Fuck off

Disney put a lot of effort into their dub, i think its pretty great.

I'll never understand pure sub watchers though, if a decent dub does exist, because half the time you're reading and not truly paying attention to whats going on on screen.

>if a decent dub does exist

Personally I love a bad dub. FUCK AND PISS.

>Old and busted

New hotness.

Already a thing.

knowyourmeme.com/memes/keit-ai-finds-a-way/
tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/WebOriginal/KeitAi
youtube.com/watch?v=JcVGDV67L-g
youtube.com/watch?v=o_rz1bluG_k
youtube.com/watch?v=JLUjMWRCzic
webtoons.com/en/challenge/keit-ai/list?title_no=36825
fictionpress.com/s/3206139/1/Keit-AI-Tomoyuki-x-Seiko-Keit愛-奉文-x-聖子

Always watch original

>within mere months, Kimi no Na wa (353.3 million USD) has gone beyond the box office gross of Spirited Away (289.1 million USD), making it the highest grossing anime film and Japanese film of all time

Really tickles my synapses.

>because half the time you're reading and not truly paying attention to whats going on on screen

Found the braindead pleb who can't read subtitles in less than a second.

>Miyazaki
>weebshit
He's as normie friendly as anime gets

FINDS

wew lad

independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/news/your-name-spirited-away-highest-grossing-anime-of-all-time-a7530876.html

Always watch the Hebrew version.

How did this cliche wankfest become the highest grossing anime movie of all time? How?

thank you Rabbi, truly you are my greatest ally

>one of the single best movies ever made

Not him but it's one of the best animated films ever

>I watched it when I was a kid
sounds you're underage for this site

nah, Ghibli/Disney all the same, saw one, saw all

That sounds like a problem for people who aren't fast readers.
I get not wanting to read subtitles but having the lip synch be totally off breaks immersion.

ghibli movie dubs are generally good but I prefer the original audio for this one

Nice bait

Also just to let everyone know, Disney does not own ghibli (or least didn't until recently) they owned the distribution in the US so they got to slap their logo on it

bullshit, ghibli have a quite a bit of variety, have you even seen them all?

Only try hard faggots watch cartoons in their original Ching Chong Bing Bong language. I still to this day have no idea why.
>The Japanese cast has better voice actors
How can you tell? All Japanese people are monotone. You miss all their word play because you don't speak the language, so shit goes right over your head.
>American voice actors are cringey
Your cartoons are already cringey, now they have a voice to match

it came out 16 years ago...

neither. you just shoulden't watch it - it's the worst Ghibli movie

Both

the first time I see someone on the internet changing their mind. good for you

>he watches movies dubbed

99% of anime has better Japanese voice acting.

1% of the time it's even

The only time where English is better than Japanese is Panty and Stocking, which is basically an American show anyway

>I can tell it's superior because I don't speak the language

>you don't speak the language so you can't tell when its really bad

So tired of this meme.

Whichever is your native language. This is always the right answer.

Also fuck off, Sup Forums.

So you'd watch Kung Fu movies dubbed?
What kind of faggot watches Kung Fu movies dubbed?

Who the fuck cares which one "sounds better"? If I can't understand it, how the fuck is it better? Literal autistic shit.

Subtitles + emotional, quality voice acting > shitty, lazy bad voice acting

You're missing out on the casting and voice performance of the original director.
So, you should pick original language with subtitles.

Did I hurt your feelings, weeb faggot? Take your wrong opinions elsewhere.

Half the time subtitles are not even accurate or leave out important details/nuances.

And an English translated voice acting job doesn't have those problems?

So you'd rather listen to shitty voice acting in your own language vs good voice acting in a foreign language?
What kind of backwards logic is that?

True, but if your argument is that makes subtitles bad, then dubs are even worse, since you're further removed from the original, and the writing is less likely to be accurate since it has to match mouth movements.

You should always watch foreign movies in their language. It's American to do otherwise.

Yes, you retarded fucking weaboo. I know it's difficult for your tiny undeveloped brain to grasp, but try to understand that people who don't have a fucking mental condition prefer to actually understand the voices they're listening to.

Why are Americans so bad at reading? How fucking long does it take you to read a sentence?

sounds like an american problem

Kung Fu hustle dub>sub

The "bad" dub makes it more funny

Once you've gone subs you can't go back to dubs. Anyone who argues for dubs just hasn't watched enough anime with subs.

Understanding is great, that's what subtitles are for. And with subtitles you can enjoy better voice acting since most English dubs use second-rate cheapo voice actors.

The original voice actors/actors voice is usually better, through better casting, acting and production value.

Dubs are usually done cheaply and outside of the directors scope/vision.

There is little reason to watch any dub of any film or show unless it is forced upon you.

Oh shi-!
This actually makes Simpsons enjoyable for the first time since it was on Tracey Ullman show

the japanese starwars dub is interesting

>he didn't grow up watching Miyazaki films

I wasn't poor so I grew up watching Disney films like a normal kid.

for animation as a whole i usually prefer dub, it's not like the original VA did anything much differently than the dubbers. For movies is a different thing, actors are talking and you can tell their lips are saying something else than what u hear and that's gross

I only watch shit dubbed if it's gained a rep for having a good one, otherwise I go with the original language by default. Most dubs I watch are from the 80s/90s if that says anything.

at least homer, bart, and lisa are similar sounding to the original voice actors. the japanese marge should be murdered.

Pretty much this, dub is for entry level, eventually if you watch enough you'll most likely move onto subbed.

English dub is really good for this movie

English VA cast has the guy who voiced Rosh Penin.

Watch the Jap version.