Why do people think these two companies are the same?

Why do people think these two companies are the same?

Casuals.

But once you read enough comics you realize that they essentially are the same.

Because people have more important things to worry about in their lives than what fictional characters they don't care about are owned by which major company

This
>casual
>don't know anything
>all looks the same and can't tell it apart
>get into it
>learn all the nuances and differences
>see how very different they are
>can't believe how others don't see all the differences
>keep reading
>and reading
>and reading
>the same things over and over again
>realize it's all the same damn shit

Sounds more like you're jaded than that you reached any sort of epiphany.

Yeah it would sound like that to a casual wouldn't it.

That's pretty demonstrably untrue though. From tone to structure the two are completely separate entities unless your standard for comparison is "has capes."

You do sound like a casual tbqh fampaitachi-kun

Damn it user. I already used my sounds like comeback on the earlier guy. I don't have a good reply for you. Come up with something else.

FUCK YOU FAGGOT! I HOPE YOU DIE!

I got you pham ;)

I think your time would be better spent catching up on comic reading than telling fibs on the internet babychild.

Normies don't actually know what they're talking about and just parrot what they've heard.

Marveldrones tell themselves DC is as bad as Marvel to make themselves feel better

>This is the state of superhero comics today

it gets worse

I blame Disney

I think Marvel's done this for a while but Disney definitely didn't help.

I havent read comics for years but came back a few weeks ago just to catch up on both companies.

What I've learnt is that Marvel doesn't give a shit about their fans and is doing what they can to enrage them with controversies due to the movie's success enabling them to do whatever they want without consequences (also disney owned) while DC is mostly concerned with trying to appeal to readers by making great stories again.

I've also been branching out to other publishers like Dark Horse, Valiant and Image comics and found them to have excellent books as well so I think it's only Marvel is the one who's trying to shit things up just to sell books.

Besides just recent things though, what do you think about the differences in Marvel and DCs approaches to things?

I've always noticed that Marvel focuses on tossing all its characters into the same books and doing lots of hero vs hero stuff. Superheroes seem to only hang out with superheroes, aside from Spider-man who has his own cast. Plus they do events pretty much constantly, and everything always seems to be in New York.

I get a headache figuring out how to read through all the goddamn marvel events.

Having to split between different books just to find a part. Whereas DC is just follow a character you like and their book and it will continue off nicely. I find marvel characters never really have the space or time to develop their own stories before jumping off to another event which is terrible. Some good books get derailed halfway and having huge changes that ruins the flow of the story.

DC Events tend to be insultingly bad more often, that period when Countdown, Cry for Justice, Rise of the Arsenal and Amazon's Attack came in quick sucession made me gave up comics for a good while.
With Marvel is more mediocrity until a Ultimatum monsoon slaps you in the face for a short while then back to mediocrity.

Civil War

Because it's all the same fucking shit, and the only distinctions are who own's what costumes.

Capeshit.

>cyclops
>TWO eye slits
c'mon tom

This applies to anime too

>casual
>don't know anything
>all looks the same and can't tell it apart (Gundams look different what?)
>get into it
>learn all the intricacies and subtle differences by animation studios
>see how very different each one is
>can't believe how others can't see how different these shows are
>keep watching
>and watching
>and watching
>The same goddamn fucking cliches oover and over again
>It's the same shit