Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

>Lots of people didn't like the Utrom Shredder because it was different

>IDW saw the true brilliance of the Utrom Shredder and brought him back

Why is IDW so based?

GRRRRRR

I don't get OP and his "lol they mad so it's good" culture.

>>Lots of people didn't like the Utrom Shredder because it was different
>because it was different

No, I dislike it because it adds nothing to his character.
If anything, it just takes away from what made Shredder cool in the first place just like Mecha-Shredder from the Bay film.

Shedder is boring as all hell, he had no real personality beyond "REVENGE!!!". You're an idiot if you think he was a good character.

And making him an alien improves this how?

Because alien psychopath is far more interesting.

Kay. Enjoy your static character than.

I disagree that Shredder is boring, but for the sake of this debate I'm trying to look through your point of view.

I fail to see how making him an alien or a cyborg or anything like that would improve him because he'd still have the same personality. Almost anything has potential to be boring if it's written that way.

I always looked at it as if they did normal Shredder in season 1, used "Oroku Saki leading the Foot Clan, having a climactic battle with the Turtles for control of NYC crime" to its fullest potential and natural conclusion, and THEN revealed that he's not normal at all, after they'd finished that arc so they could do NEW stuff with him.

If he was an alien in a robot suit all along then then where did those three Shredder clones come from that the Turtles fought in the first season?

I think there was a big one, a little one and a dude with claws for hands, but they were all clearly suppose to be Shredder.

They probably aren't clones of him anymore, just three mutants he made that happen to look like him.

Shut up neatoman.

Red Herring

Regular human gits gud, becomes ninja master > alien pilots mecha suit

Wrong series

I liked the concept of an Utrom saying "to hell with the combat programming" on his robot suit and actually learning to fight the old fashioned way despite essentially being a 1-foot tall squishy jellyfish head.

Ch'rell is totally different from Shredder in IDW though, and their completely human Shredder is one of the best that TMNT has ever had.

So Shredder is no more in the IDW comic and we now have Ch'rell. Though I don't think that he will take on the mantle of the Shredder. Thought that COULD work I suppose.

In 2k3 cartoon Ch'rell became Shredder because Shredder actually existed before him, he just took his identity because it was already someone powerful and feared.

Yeah but that is also the case in IDW. Shredder exists and he is feared. Now he is dead for all we know. So we could technically see something similar happen here. I doubt it will but I probably wouldn't hate it.

>Utrom Shredder

That's exactly what I was implying. It's too good of an opportunity to pass.

I do kinda hope it happens.

I want to see it happen. I mean, I love regular human Shredder but I thought Utrom Shredder was an interesting take on the same character done 100x already. Here's hoping IDW makes the most of Ch'rell.

Chill out, Casey.