Super hyped about the upcoming DC books after reading Rebirth. I want to jump in but have some questions...

Super hyped about the upcoming DC books after reading Rebirth. I want to jump in but have some questions. Which of the upcoming books will feature The Atom, Johnny Thunder, the JSA and Saturn Girl plots which Rebirth set up?

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/geoffjohns/status/567368235398356992
dccomics.com/blog/2016/04/14/naming-super-man
twitter.com/AnonBabble

So is there going to be an actual Rebirth comic or was Rebirth #1 all there was and we're just supposed to read all of that shit to figure out what the hell is going on?

The books i want to follow have abysmal teams behind them, not sure why i expected anything else

The DC Rebirth #1 is a glorified 2.99$ teaser for the whole relaunched line up.

They haven't said yet where the main story will continue.

A large part will be in Titans.

They haven't announced Justice League of America's team yet, but I think it seems likely to be the major book to care on the rebirth plot lines, since Justice League by Hitch/Daniel/Pasarin doesn't seem to be.

I also think there's a decent change Orlando is going to do something with the JSA based on his twitter feed (although he is apparently just a massive JJ Thunder/Johnny Thunder fan)

>that horrible Huntress

It sucks not being a Superfag or Wallyfag so the company doesn't pander to us without shame

In my 5 years of pirating comics and occasionally buying trades, DC Rebirth has encouraged me to start picking up floppies. I fucking love it.

As opposed as a glorified 12 part $60 cash in to a movie? Get dicked mouseketeer, I hope the blowback from the Cap Controversy actually hurts you this time. DC is pushing for everything that's right with comics.

It's short and sweet and got me hyped for what's to come. Fuck off.

Which Huntress?

Why do people always assume if you are with a big 1 you are with the other big 1, that's more Sup Forums than anything else.
I mostly buy indie trades anyways.

Here are the final CMX covers of the DC Rebirth comics releasing next week and the week after.

Is that Doomsday with a monocle?

>Red Robin logo
>Using the normal Robin outfit
Whats the point?

Bonuses

>Superfag
Them motherfuckers got Fucking dipshits like Jurgens and Tomasi writing 2 twice monthly main titles. There's nothing good about being a superfag currently if all you like is Superman. Extended super family is another deal though

Dr Fate made it past the 12 issue minimum? Color me surprised.

I posted those spoiler-tagged covers to show how the new DC logo appears on final covers of various formats.

Superfags killed Nu52 Superman, they deserve it

This book had potential to be Batman Odyssey 2.0 but fucked.
Still buying the trade since i love Adam's 70's style.

ah cool, it seems this is continuing past Rebirth. Levitz has that influence huh

Uhh that doesn't really change how surprised I am.

What went wrong?

I.... eh it was just eh', I mean Darkseid being an Ancient Egyptian Pharaoh? That's insane, but it was too insane. There were moments were it just didn't connect. It was too disjointed.

New 52 Superman was a sinking ship the moment Morrison left. Only way they could've made it work in the long run is if Morrison was made in charge of Superman line.

Doomsday, esquire. Cheerio old chap!

This is one pretty cover.

oh, then let me rephrase my wording then.
Better than a glorified 6-12 Issue Movie Pitch. Unless of course you mean IDW, which it's all good.

No, IDW is 90% tie ins.

Not even movie pitches

A few of their original comics end up adapted to live action (for example, 30 Days of Night).

>80 pages
>for half the price of Gwenpool #1
>bad
Go to hell.

Interested in:
>Action Comics
>Detective Comics
>Green Lanterns
>Superman
>wodner Woman
>Deathstroke
>Batgirl
>batgirl & the Birds of Prey
>Hellblazer
>New Super-Man
>Blue Beetle
>Supergirl
>supersons
>Teen Titans

Then follow the writers/artists you know that you like. They will introduce you to more characters to love.

>The writer has said he's a massive Waid Flash fan

please be good

dident dc also bring watchmen into there universe with there reborn event?
how will that even work wouldent dr menhatten be a freakishly distructive forse in the dc universe with his matter reconstruction thing and him being literly 4 dimentional in nature?
as in he knows everything that has happend is happening and will happen to himwith perfect accuracy?
i just dont know how that wont fuck up the power ballence, especially because manhatten is mite gry then most dc heros and has no problems with doing bad shit go get things done.
if this is real then a clash between the jla and the watchmen is enevitable

Only thing I'm sure I'll follow is Trinity, Manapul can do no wrong

Gonna check out:

>Batman
>Wonder Woman
>Nightwing
>Deathstroke
>Hellblazer
>New Super-Man
>Supergirl
>eventual JSA book (?)

However I'm most excited about Young Animal books, Prez part 2 and The Flintstones.

>implying DC makes a habit of pandering to Wally fans
He's been shit on continuously for 8 years.

So did Doc Manhattan 'steal' 10 years? How does that work? Also what version of Clark Kent was the alive one talking with Lois Lane?

The only good one.

Same about following Trinity, but it's not the only thing I want. Titans for sure. I'll probably buy a lot of first issues since I haven't read a lot of the writers for new books so I want to dip my feet in. Hellblazer's one, New Superman's another.
Pre-Flashpoint supes.

Why is Deathstroke double shipping? They never even managed to keep a regular Deathstroke series alive.

Manapul is the only one I'm giving total trust because I had the chance to talk to him IRL and he is really a guy that deserves my respect, he stopped working on New 52 Flash when the editors started to ask for shit to be put in the run (Black Wally just to say one).

Everything else I'l probably read the first issues and than decide what to follow and what to drop, I really hope that stuff with Flashes and Lanterns are good but I already know I'll be disappointed.

A lot of things that wouldn't normally be that popular are still double shipping (Cyborg, for one). Seems like they're testing the waters if they can take off.

If not, going back to monthly would be pretty easy.

Rebirth actually has me interested in buying floppies for pretty much the first time ever. Pretty much just grabbing Wonder Woman, Superman, and Flash though from the bi-weekly stuff. It's the once monthly stuff that I'll probably spend more on, if they're any good, since those are the most in danger of being cancelled. No point in buying a Batbook ever since it's gauranteed to never not sell well.

>Humpries

I was excited for Simon and Jessica to be starring in their own book, but come on. Humpries? I'll buy the Rebirth and the #1, but if it's shit I'll just have to deal with never buying a GL book for awhile. Being a modern GL fan is suffering. I can't believe I read Venditti's garbage as long as I did

>tfw read Venditti's GL, did not care for it, but will be picking up HJGLC (and Green Lanterns) anyway because muh GLs
Is this Stockholm syndrome or am I just dumb

just dumb but don't worry, we are a lot of dumb GL fans

3/10 Bait, the spelling errors made it too obvious.

Johns is the only one that can do a good cosmic rainbow corps, what would really bring back readers would be putting a solo earth lantern back. Kyle, Guy or John, someone should just be a dude living in New York beating up supervillains with a glowing ring. That's why I got into GL in the first place.

If you're pirating it you're just silly, if you're endorsing it with a dollar you're borderline brain-dead.

GLfans are so used to suffering that they just can't help it, it's not your fault user. I highly encourage you to seek help though.

Just never give up hope that maybe some day they'll give Hal a good writer.

>Just never give up hope that maybe some day they'll give Hal a good writer.
It's not fair that King writes an amazing cosmic book and a god tier GL issue but then when he takes over an ongoing it's fucking Batman ;_; it's not fair to tease like that

Deathstroke actually sells better than you'd expect.

Since the new run started in October 2014, it's been consistently outselling Green Arrow and Aquaman, and performing on par with a lot of decent-selling titles from DC. All this without much advertising or being linked with many high-profile teams.

There are books that are unannounced still. Orlando mentioned working on something (probably JSA)

>he stopped working on New 52 Flash when the editors started to ask for shit to be put in the run (Black Wally just to say one).

Wait a second, Manapul left the Flash because of that?? I feel so torn on about this. Their Wally could have been so different.

Then again if New 52 Wally wasn't such shitshow, we may never had a Rebirth. I hope Manapul gets to work with his favorite character one day. I remember Brian and him putting a Wally pitch every once in a while and turning with a rejection from Didio.

Trinity might be delayed because Manapul has a new babby. It was supposed to be solicited in August but there was nothing.

When the universe got "Flashpointed" he moved everyone back by 10 years erasing their memories and experiences.

nah the spelling is shit because my english is shit (third language after german and italien)
i was genuanly asking because i dont think the mentality of the watchem from there comic will at all work in the dc earth.
fucks sake just think of how ozimandeus will react to a planet full of superpowerd wierdos when he nuked a city to get rid of menhatten and to stop world war 3?
in my eyes the watchmen will be distruptive as all fuck in them being neather black or white but gray as all fuck.
the jla will see them as dangerous at best of not villens.
or how do you think this can even work out without the writers just pulling shit out of there asses that is just uncharacteristic of every established character involved?
i really want to know

It has to be JSA, he keeps posting about them on twitter and he mentioned getting to work on one of his dream projects later this year.

I wonder what other unannounced books we'll get later. Surely DC will finally give us a Shazam book, right?

There was also this tweet a year ago

twitter.com/geoffjohns/status/567368235398356992

that's because the Watchmen isn't part of the Main DC Earth. Did you even read the book?

>adding to my pull-list from day one

Aquaman
Batman
Wonder Woman
Titans (mainly for Wally)
Blue Beetle

>Going to pirate a few issues first to see if I like it

Flash
Deathstroke
Suicide Squad
Supergirl
Super Sons
Trinity

Has there been any information on Chink Supes (Chupes)?

What information do you mean? A couple of issues have been solicited and Yang said some things in interviews and shit. The character naming blog is pretty good: dccomics.com/blog/2016/04/14/naming-super-man

Do we know which Supes is going to be in the Superman ongoing and which is going to be in Action yet?

why last blue bettle was canceled?

BB Comics is going to have Jaime a Ted ?

It's pre-Flashpoint in both for now

yes, Superdad. New 52 Supes turned to sand. IT's okay, Superdad is watching his grave and waiting for him to come back
It was shit, if you're talking about the one before New 52 it's because it was selling like shit and was only kept going by Didio Life Support

It's going to be Jaime and Ted and Kent Nelson Dr. Fate all written by Giffen

It's going to be fucking awesome (if it doesn't get canned at eight issues since no one else seems to be as hyped for it as I am)

thanks senpai

He Loves You

what I know is that he had problems with the direction of the series and he went to Detective Comics, I also know that he stopped reading after he left.

I'm talking about a 2 minute conversation I had with him months ago in a language that is not my first so I can't say anything as certain but I'm pretty sure what they wanted to do with his favourite superhero was at least part of the reason why he left Flash.

To reinvigorate this you can just go and look at the news of the return of wally west and the last number of flash that Manapul was in, they should both be from January 2014

mahnke's art has suffered over the past few years
is it the inker

yeah they're going for the third trade
I don't think it'll go past that though

>be a filthy New52 babby
>somehow still ended up enjoying DC even though a number of the books were shit
>don't know how to feel about this pre-Flashpoint stuff coming back

I'm actually kind of bummed New 52 Superman isn't going to be in any of the books for now. I'm not really familiar with pre-Flashpoint Superman, and my pre-New 52 knowledge in general is pretty lacking, though I have been reading a ton of old Flash lately.

You guys think there's any major recommended reading for this pre-Flashpoint Superman I should read up on before Superman Rebirth next week?

TRUNKS?!?!?!?

While that's plausible, initial pitches of Venditti and Jensen didn't have it either. They were later forced to put Wally into the book and had to tweak Future Flash arc. according to that.

But I know Manapul admitting he's a Wallyfag and had posted a rejected Wally-Barry convo on instagram the day after he left.

Which makes me furious because he would have been such a great choice on Titans instead of the fucking Booth.

>You guys think there's any major recommended reading for this pre-Flashpoint Superman I should read up on before Superman Rebirth next week?

Just find a general recommended reading for Superman and pick up on that.

Rebirth is less about specific aspects returning from pre-Flashpoint, and more about bringing back the same sense of legacy and connectivity between heroes, so it's less about "you need to know about X event happening" and more about getting a feel for how these characters interacted with each other from beforehand.

I think both Supermen are pretty similar and the biggest differences ha to do with status quos rather than anything unchangeable. People freaked out about early new 52 Superman's personality but that was mostly just origin shit that didn't stick. If you liked him you'll like the older one.

But I would recommend the Johns and Busiek runs starting after Infinite Crisis. Then cry about how Jurgens and Tomasi's mediocrity will be shitting up the main Superman books in Rebirth.

New52 Superman is currently dead, and it seems he'll be for a little while.

Action Comics focuses on the big cast of Super-characters in Metropolis, like Lex Luthor, Doomsday, and others. Superman focuses on Clark White (pre-Flashpoint Supes) and his super-powered son.

here you go

Damn, why did Booth had to draw Titans.

That's probably it though. Booth played nice long enough to get what he wanted.

Good to know. I've pretty much just being reading whatever sounds interesting from various recommendation charts, just haven't gotten around to the Superman rec chart yet.

I imagine if anything the Superman Rebirth special will clear up any confusion there might be for people who started reading during the New 52 like me.

His art isn't THAT bad, and he's paired with a good writer so hopefully Abnett can make it work.

The confusion was started in the new 52 so if you're confused that's just because you hadn't read the relevant stuff (Lois and Clark mostly) rather than because they're referencing something old you missed.

Has Abnett written anything good in the Post N52 DC?

I don't get it, how can the colors make his works that much worse?
I went to see some uncolored shit he has done and they are pretty good.

His Aquaman issues were good and his Earth 2 is doing an admirable job of turning that tire fire into something readable and almost good

Everyone who buys supersons is a pedo

Wonder Woman, Batman, Blue Beetle, Trinity, and maybe New Superman look interesting
Everything else is garbage

>Priest Deathstroke
>garbage

found the pleb

Well, maybe there is hope for Titans at last.