ITT: Movies with shit tier endings that made no sense

ITT: Movies with shit tier endings that made no sense

I'll start

no

I didn't get it

Subtext is about the moral decline of the west.

this is the biggest pleb filter.

Need I continue?

One could see Tom's father in the dream as the younger man, and as his father leads the way to start a fire in the cold and dark it's metaphor for a light shining in the complete darkness, not enough to brighten the whole landscape but enough to realize in a figurative way what they did as lawmen was pointless now as men like Anton could roam the world now and it's outside of Tom's and other sheriff's power

>I have no idea what a pleb filter is

Idiot

Alien Covenant

>Carrying a torch in the darkness
>Realizing that darkness is unconquerable and vast
>Passing the torch anyway

It's a parody of the classic western movie.

There's supposed to be a respectable shoot-out at high noon, but instead there's violence wherever there needs to be violence, in a vile, horrific manner.

The people who can't adjust to this can only dream about past times and meditate on the present.

your mom

>i thought reality was one way
>then i woke up

Xd

YOU don't get it.
subtext is: the west has always been rough. times aren't changing, he's just getting too old for the violence.

>moral decline
the fuck outta here
there is literally nothing in this movie that even touches the subject of "morals"

i honestly cannot think of an ending more nonsensical than this one

>Ape lincoln
>Abe lincoln

>there is literally nothing in the movie that even touches the subject of "morals".
I don't think that's true at all. Stop being an edgy faggot and watch it again. There is more to it than just pure nihilism.

Did you just skip past the scene where Tommy Lee Jones talks to the guy in the wheelchair?

He talks about how violence has always been around and violence is always gonna be around and you can't do shit about it.

The recounted dreams at the end are about how you can try to be as good a person as you can, but eventually it will burn you out and someone else will take your place.

Cormac McCarthy's novels frequently feature a theme of enduring evil in a constant battle with enduring goodness. No one wins because there is no winning. It just balances out.

>moral decline of the west
>in the 1980s
Have you read literally anything by the author?

Mulholland Drive.