Bladerunner

Just finished watching this for the first time ever at 27 years old.
Why the fuck is this steaming pile of garbage considered a good movie?
Besides the cinematography and the admittedly brilliant atmosphere, it's absolute garbage in all possible ways.

Other urls found in this thread:

imdb.com/title/tt0080806/
youtube.com/watch?v=vsn6daDBeAQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

first attempt at cyber-punk. GitS and other anime films vastly improved upon it though

>27 years old
>brain of a fucking chipmunk

You're a lost cause. Kill yourself.

It was a historically significant film because it sorta started the whole "postmodernist-cinema" thing but yeah, It didn't age very well and I've always felt it was overrated.

As overrated as Scarface. Both shit movies.

I watched it recently for the first time as well. It's not garbage, but it's not a perfect movie like my friends say. It's probably a 6/10

It's too bad you won't comprehend the movie. But then again, who does?

Back to Sup Forums, you fucking mouth-breathing turbopleb.

I love scarface. The plot is of course godfather for trailerpark

ok good to know I'm not crazy

The reason please don't appreciate this movie fully is because it was done in a style unfamiliar to their tiny pea brains. Film noir.

*plebeians*

read Op I specifically said that the atmosphere is brilliant but the plot is non existent

>it got the inspiration from a hit and miss american genre from the 40's so it must be good

>it sorta started the whole "postmodernist-cinema" thing

are you actually retarded

>but the plot is non existent

did you fall asleep?

I wondered the exact same thing when I saw it at 26.

>t. 19 year old
you should probably take your own advice.

Read the book, it's more complex and heady than the movie. Everything makes more sense, although admittedly PKD's style is a little bland.

>watching Bladerunner in the middle of the day
That's like drinking wine through a straw. You're supposed to enjoy it late at night, alone, with a glass of whiskey on the rocks.

>first attempt at cyber-punk
You mean in film, right? Because it is not the first cyberpunk thing ever.

When film historians try to define postmodernism in cinema they usually say that Blade Runner is one of an early examples of that style/way of storytelling in film. Other notable early examples are: Blowup (1966), The Mirror (1975) and The Draughtman's contract (1984).

I don't know why you call me a retard without explaining why you disagree.

>HURRRR DURRR HE HUNTZ ROBOTZZ THE END LMAO

whoa thanks for blowing my motherfucking mind

same here (23)
saw it when I was 22

>apart from being brilliant it's garbage

Uh, maybe just go back to watching capeshit eh?

you realize that like the world is round and like there are timezones and like not everyone on Sup Forums lives in the same like timezone like are you that dumb

So you were browsing Sup Forums and Facebook on your phone the whole time like a woman?

It's a shame you wont live a patrician
But then again, who does?

Bullshit, the earth is flat. Round earth is a lie by the jews.

>browsing Sup Forums like a woman
there are no women here

Please explain time zones to me.

This is pretty sad man. You seem to have missed the point of the film and now you're arguing why it's bad. I don't think you were paying attention.

i'm sorry but anyone who claims blade runner is the first or even an "early" postmodern film is an idiot. a film from 1982? did the 60s not happen on your planet?

the que to get out of any conversation is when flat earth is mentioned. You will just waste your valuable time arguing from that point onward.

alright then, enlighten me please what did I miss

>implying

Don't forget
>MAYBE HE'S A RAWBOAT TOO OMG THAT'S SO DEEP
He is tho, that's obvious and the whole "memory/identity" thing is so watered down it pisses me off everytime I watch it

the point of the movie is 2deep4u "what makes us human"

>the cinematography and the admittedly brilliant atmosphere

wtf? thats literally why, and the basis for many kino (space 2001)

that point is being covered literally in the fist 2 minutes during the emotions test, are you trolling?

humans have emotions, machines don't

>Posting some random shit with no source or context whatsoever

>that 66-100 demographic
You realize that just that one statistic throws this entire thing into question entirely. Surveys on Sup Forums are notorious for teenagers putting in fake data for a giggle, and you also realize that a good percentage of those "female" respondents are traps too, or just guys that wish to be the little girl.

It was a website that analyzed posts on other websites and decided if the posts were made by female or male and the age, etc. It wasn't a poll or anything, I don't remember the website though that was so long ago.

Obviously it's inaccurate, it was just funny to me.

>machines don't
exept when they have realistic memories and implanted dreams, they can fake it. But again, they barely touch the subject, it's a shame.

>27
>still browsing Sup Forums

That's embarassing.

Deckard clearly has emotions though, and he's also a replicant.

>exept when they have realistic memories and implanted dreams

nope.
He could still tell she was a machine, it just took him 120 questions instead of 30.
Are people posting here actually watched the film?

Which is the best cut of bladerunner?

the final cut

you'll get there

>gits better than blade runner
Top b8

It's a comfy hard boiled detective story wrapped up in stunning cyberpunk. The fuck do you nitpickers want?

>he thinks film noir is deep
It's a genre for cheap pulp generic detective stories.

>muh plot
Kill yourself

Watch it again.

It's neither hard boiled nor a detective story. Deckard isn't a detective and he doesn't solve anything. He doesn't even do his job. In the end the robots just expire from old age while delivering all the answers in exposition because Deckard was too stupid to figure anything out.

I guess i wasn't specific enough. Postmodernism already exsisted before, that's true. See my previous examples. But Blade Runner helped it to get popular in the mainstream. When I said "it sorta started the whole postmodernism in cinema" i should've rather said that it started a new brand in the 90's, influencing filmmakers such as the Coen bros. But it surely didn't start postmodern film, that's a fact. Still, fuck you for calling me retarted.

I suggest killing yourself. People with such shit taste are oxygen thieves.

>humans have emotions, machines don't

A major theme running through the film is that Roy behaves more emotionally and human than Deckard for the entire movie, especially the climax.

Also humans have EMPATHY, and machines and autists (You) do not. That's the point of the Voight-Kampff.

>wine with whiskey
wtf

>it started a new brand in the 90's
>released in 1982
Do you know anything?

>ten years later
>you think back on this post
>you're no longer a normie
>you've alienated all your friends and former romantic interests
>you're no longer getting laid or going to school so all you have to think about is your loneliness
>you drink yourself to sleep every night in the hopes that you won't wake up the next day

Screencap this post.

Sorry, your post seemed unironic

Stop embarrassing yourself

>26
>have a wife and a job
>about to have kids
>still browse Sup Forums 10 years later
stay mad

He found the hooker bot. He located the hide out of Roy Batty. In fact Roy was the only one to expire.

>deliberately not showing emotions is the same as a shirt-circuiting neurotic robot

kill yourself my man

There is none, it's all putting lipstick on a pig.

...Also, I think you're mistaking modernism with postmodernism. The 60's were the main era of the european new-waves (aka modernist cinema) postmodern only exsisted in music, art etc back then, but not in film.

which cut puts the best makeup on the pig?

The guy in the first interview seemed genuinely upset that he couldn't help the turtle because it was in a bad situation.

>they can fake it
And sometimes they don't even know they're machines, like Deckard.
did you actually read my post?

>The Draughtman's contract (1984).

This looks intriguing, I'm about to watch it, thanks famalam

Probably the one where it remains ambiguous whether or not Deckard is a robot and they drive off into the sunset. I have no idea which one that is, Ridley Scott has gone completely senile.

Golem > Bladerunner

imdb.com/title/tt0080806/

For a second there I though you actually have some arguments to show up but I guess I was wrong.

Just because something was released in 1982 it can infuence something years later. This should be obvious. Hell, some directors today are still influenced by freakin' Hitchcock and he made his best films 50-60 years ago.

>poland

stopped reading there

bigot die

Why are there like 5 cuts of this movie and the one that's supposed to be "good" is never the one on tv

>Deckard isn't a detective and he doesn't solve anything.
Then what the fuck was he doing when he analyzed that picture.

Somehow turning a 2D image into a partially interactive hologram that can somehow change the camera angles and move furniture around.

But he discovered the snake scale. Is that not detective work?

It's not garbage but it is vastly overrated. It looks amazing, it has an interesting premise, but the plot is boring. Sorry, Blade Runner fans, but the movie never does anything with its premise.

And to add to that, he questioned the fish dude about the scale. Is that also not considered detective work?

Which is objectively the best version of blade runner?

The final cut. Only watch the theatrical cut if you want a good laugh at the end of it.

>Why the fuck is this steaming pile of garbage considered a good movie?
I see this thread twice a week on here. Finally people are waking up.

someone had some haterade with his coffee today

>Replying to b8 with Vangelis mash-up.
youtube.com/watch?v=vsn6daDBeAQ

b but muh symbolism

>people
Probably just a samefag

Final pig cut.

nope this is probably my first ever post on /tv

Anyone who thinks Blade Runner is not 10/10 does not understand it properly.

> plot is boring
Yep. Teenager who doesn't understand it properly.

What's to understand?

there is nothing to understand about Blade Runner. It's nice aesthetics with a blase normie love story with a slight oedipal twist at the end. that's it

>Robots are incapable of emotions. Or are they?
Meme runner summarized
People who think this is deep are autistic

Life itself.

> oedipal
You don't know what you're talking about, son.

i would probably say atmosphere is what makes it timeless
it's objectively flawless in that respect
it's like alien, which is atmospherically flawless so it will never ever date, despite its dated tech

People who think Blade Runner is deep never opened a PKD (or Asimov for what it's worth) book

It's more like
> why are humans humans, and not an instinctual animal
Twinned with
> if an object looks human, sounds human, thinks like a human, and remembers like a human, who or what has the right to differentiate it *from* humans
Twinned with
> The myth of Jesus' origin and life story
Twinned with
> An analysis of the King James Bible verse 6:22-23
> The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.

People who think 'story about androids' do not understand the film properly.