You are in charge of a new cartoon series based on a classic tv series sitcom

You are in charge of a new cartoon series based on a classic tv series sitcom.

Which do you choose and what do you change?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Captain_Video_and_His_Video_Rangers
youtube.com/watch?v=auVnz4AjS_c
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Mr. Ed

The horse is female and attractive.

Cheers.
Change nothing. Cheers is perfect.

I wanted to say the Honeymooners but then I realized the Flintstones got there first.

>Seinfeld
Everything is the same
Except It's set in Ancient Rome

This sounds stupid but I'd like a resolution to the character of Archie Bunker. His wife died, the meathead left in a divorce, his daughter and grandson moved away, and the story just kind of petered out. I want to know what finally happened to him.

I'd also like more episodes of a bunch of 70s ensemble shows like WKRP or Barney Miller, but those won't work without the ensembles.

Maybe she can have a bunch of talking horse friends and they can go on adventures.

>Small Wonder

>guy builds robot girl, takes it home to wife and son, they live as family

Pretty easy desu.

Crossover Seinfeld/Frasier/Wings/Cheers show. Have it be a "boring 90s sitcom" shared universe

I would watch this. Hell I would buy the seasons

Can you make it not suck this time?

Sanford and son where they work on old cars. One half educational tv about auto repair other half racist humor

The Three Stooges.

Nothing changes and it's a breath of fresh air in cartoons as it takes place in its original setting and is in a palette akin to Normal Rockwell paintings.

Voice actors must be up to snuff.

Pop culture references must be subtle and taking the piss out of modern times.

FUND IT!

Isn't this exactly how we got Flintstones,

Weirdly all of those shows were in a shared universe, along with Friends and Mad about You. They had some special night where Kramer caused a blackout in NY that happened in everyone else's show at the same time.

>Car 54 Where Are You
The cops are completely crooked and cooking meth in the trunk of the patrol car while collecting pimp money and selling babies. Also, it's still a comedy.

I Dream of Jeannie.

Use the style from the opening, but update it just a little bit. Make Jeannie more Starfire-like in terms of cultural confusion. Make the Major a teenager?

Group of quirky jews in ancient Rome?

I would put them in some RPG fantast type setting. With George as an out of work dwarf, Kramer is a troll, Jerry is a wizard in training. And they they have random everyday adventures but in dungeons instead of a subway, or a tomb instead of a Chinese restaurant waiting area,

Soup nazi is tavern owner that refuses service to low level peons

Mr Peterman is a retired adventurer that sells his dungeon loot in a catalog.

George Steinberner is the dwarf king

Susan is the daughter of the local lord.

Kenneth Banya is another wizard in Jerry's guild that is terrible at magic

I make my own tv shoe

Elaine can be a super-obnoxious elf bard with no rhythm.

Oh user, everyone knows that every show on television is in the same universe. And that universe is the creation of a mute autistic boy staring at a snow globe.

Would Newman be some kind of orc that eats anything and plots against Jerry?

Bewitched, with an especially raunchy Uncle Arthur.

French-animated remake of I Dream of Jeannie, taking very light influence from the early anime harem comedies it inspired (nothing from the later ones).

I could Seinfeld basically being the same except Jerry is a superhero. Only George knows his secret ID. He goes on tour as a comic but it's really a cover for him to fight crime

I'd add that he has an enemy who always wears a mask but he finds out who he is. It's actually Kramer! He gets his money from robbing banks or something
Basically they never learn each other's secret IDs

I'd change very little. Even leave in the cowboy stuff.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Captain_Video_and_His_Video_Rangers

They could do that using all of Jerry's analogies throughout the series.

Jerry is Superman, who once won a race against the Flash by cheating and covering it up. Kramer is Batman and fights villains on the bus. Elaine's ex boyfriend is a homeless Green Lantern, and her other ex is Bizarro Jerry. Jerry's ex girlfriend is Two Face.

Just repeat the same situations only more superhero-ish.

Honeymooners
in a prehistoric setting

"Bob" the setting is the same, except now animated, and trying to make a live action series about Mad-Dog

youtube.com/watch?v=auVnz4AjS_c

And Don Knotts was always showing up.

The Young Ones, but they're in space.