ITT: We laugh at the fallout from Hydra Cap

ITT: We laugh at the fallout from Hydra Cap

Sup Forums - Social Media Screenshots and Outrage Farming

Why is Barbara Gordon tweeting Nick?

/thread

Daily reminder to drop The Fix

really makes you think

It's pretty ridiculous that people are taking it this seriously. It's obvious that Cap isn't really hydra. That would be like if DC suddenly turned Batman into a villain seriously. It would ruin a quarter of their comic cash flows.

>It's pretty ridiculous that people are taking it this seriously.

Movies brought in a lot of normies who have never seen a bait-and-switch in their entire lives and don't recognize one on sight.

Why the fuck would white supremacist be angry that Cap has just been turned into a Nazi?
I genuinely think we have finally found the single most retarded person on the face of the earth.

>#MakesNoSense
You don't say. It's almost as if this was meant to be shocking, unexpected twist...

Fucking this. As a DC fan, this kind of makes me glad that the movies are failing - we don't have a large influx of normies pretending that they know about the comics and the comics can go in a different direction without being advertisements for upcoming movies.

Shes not being sarcastic when she says "nice messages"

Pretty much everyone pissed off by it are people who've never read a comic in their life, and just fall for clickbait news.

Anyone who's read more than two comics before knows this will be resolved in a few issues as mind control or doublt-agent shenanigans.

thats not what they are saying, they are saying the "nice" comments about this stupid change are probably from white supremists.

It's not like DC doesn't get its fair share of social media hate either.

That's more Sup Forums

Only aimed at the movies. When was the last time a bunch of SJWs wanted Superman to turn gay for no reason?

I actually don't know what is worse. The fact that everyone thinks this is a serious change or the that Sup Forums is so used to the status quo that this can't possibly be a serious change

>literally "This is NOT a Fantasy Story, this is NOT a cop out, Batman and Superman WILL fight" tier silver age bait

c'mon, guys.

This. Marvel wanted outrage and attention and by god they got it.

>Our symbol of goodness and tolerance may have been turned into a Nazi by a writer
>Better send him death threats and call him a white supremacist

and everyone who does read comics just thinks this is a fucking stupid story.

Meh, I get why people are a bit angry, Captain America is this decades Superman. Also, look at the hate DC got for Man of Murder and that wasn't as bad as this.

Still people take this shit too seriously.

>social media users
>logic

What you post next? It shocked me! Click here!

she really has a point

>Superman fans logic

OHHHH she is saying the people praising the change are White Power folk.
Got it!

Why? It's good. It's not Spencer's fault that the higher-ups are ordering him to do this, if anything, I'm glad it's at least Spencer in the helm of this, so it won't be as bad as it could.

>Superman would never snap a neck or approve of neck snapping
>I'm going to snap your neck

well, there was this one time Olicity fans bullied Benjamin Percy on Twitter by saying that there won't be Olicishit on his run of Green Arrow.

Why would white supremacists be upset about making Cap a Nazi...?

um...tell him not to read comics?

wasn't there an issue of batman and robin eternal that ended with batman standing with a smoking gun over the parents of a crying orphaned black boy? i didn't read b/r/e but i'm pretty sure batman wasn't a murderer

the only people upset about this are retarded, it's going to have an explanation if you wait long enough like every other twist in comics

She thinks that people praising Spencer for the story are white supremacists because they're glad he's Hydra now

>just following order
Spencer literally Nazi confirmed

The only reason people didn't get upset by that is because there aren't Batman Tsum-Tsums

Explain to the kid that this is a poorly-written story and if he wants to see the cap he knows and loves, he can watch the movies or read the other comics again.

I mean, even a six-year old kid can understand that sometimes people say things about you that aren't true, but that doesn't change the truth about a person. Same deal here.

laughing inappropriately loud at work thanks to that
thanks

From what I can tell, Sup Forums is actually just as disgusted as these fuckers because they view it as subverting / degrading an American icon (and because they recognize Red Skull / Hydra does not = the actual Nazi party).

>Dear concerned adult,
>Tell him to read the whole story instead of just one page
>Sincerely
>Anyone in the universe that's ever read a book with more than one chapter

Ive noticed that most women bitching have bright red lips, some wear problem glasses, and looked liked they stepped out of a Penis Oppression 101 class.

It's the consequence of surrounding yourself with people who all have the exact same tastes, opinions and worldviews. Every starts to pick up the same ideas about what's "attractive" or "fashionable" too.

Dear Marvel,
How do I explain to my six year old nephew (of huge dork ancestry) that his favorite superhero is now, and apparently will forever be, Spider-Man no more?
Please advise,
Someone who thinks the contents of a comic book concern at all what a child thinks of a character

OKAY TO PRINT

suddenly everyone has jewish roots

Are Hydra even Nazis anymore? I haven't read Marvel in years. Aren't they just a global organization who wants to do their own thing with the world? I bet Hydra even has Jewish members.

Also if Cap is Hydra, they should make Bob the new Captain America.

>particular identity allows you to claim Grievance Points to complain about your oppression on social media
>suddenly everyone has a claim to said identity

This happens every fucking day on social media.

While they never were Nazis in the comic (more just a rip-off of SPECTRE), the same issue were Cap is revealed to be a Hydra agent also shows that they're recruiting white supremacists and neo-Nazis by appealing to they're far right views.

Marvel plays VERY fast and loose with the Nazi connection, because they know it's slippery terrain, for the most part they leave it only implicit, things only get overt when the Red Skull pops up.

It's not really the same Hydra anymore though. This Hydra looks a lot of fun. I'm going to join with Cap

>Also if Cap is Hydra, they should make Bob the new Captain America.

I'd read the fuck out of that.

>Cap becomes Hydra and starts leading them
>Bob is upset about the new direction of his employer and wants things to return to how it used to be
>picks up the shield to defeat Hydra Cap and restore Hydra to its proper mission

We know that but the normies don't which is why this is all funny in the first place.

And from all superheroes who fought Nazis, granny was schlicking to Cap? You don't say.
Retconned into being ancient conspiracy.
They weren't Nazi ever, though. I remember some Easter mysticism and shit being in their origin. Maybe Hand had... hand in making of Hydra?

>Movie only fans read a comic page for the first time in their life

Thats pretty much the whole thing. Im just laughing at this whole thing. This is Hulk Hogan joins the nWo tier turn.

Give him some different comics to read. Hell not even different heroes just different Cap comics. Wait until this publicity stunt blows over then get him newer ones. Or just tell the little kike to keep reading and see what happens. Fucking god.

>page
Panel.

you know I think this whole kerfuffle kind of speaks to the toxic environment that creators at marvel are fostering on social media.

This is Dan fucking Slott all over again. you write a controversial story and instead of doing damage control you constantly try to rile up fans further because apparently the only only way you can sell a comic is by pissing of your fans.

Peter parker gets killed and replaced with doc ock, and everyones pissed not because peter was killed we know he'll be back, but because slot keeps fucking talking about how "this is permanent now" "we expect peter parker fans to fade away over time" "this is the new status quo"

Just fucking say "chill, this is just a cool story I want to write and most things will revert back to normal at the end of my run" Its alway about how this is a goddamn game changer, because your work can't stand up on its own merit.

honestly, its frustrating to watch because they clearly want fans to be angry but then they get pissy when fans complain on social media.

I'm sorrry but this is some karmic justice for Marvel. They're outrage model doesn't work on casuals and casuals have been their target audience for a while now and it's biting them in the ass.

In some ways, this is Marvel's fault. This would never happened if they hadn't started pandering to the SJW social media hipster crowd

I don't really read cap america, but I assume, as usual, some comics are more intense/rough than others. Doesn't this run have intense stuff in it? Like deaths and so on? Who lets their five year old read these stuff?

Tell him to read more idealistic comic books. I advise the Don Rosa Scrooge and Donald Duck comics.

HYDRA as an organization is an ideological parasite. It latches onto existing social and political movements, infests their membership, and perverts / subverts their original goals until they have been replaced with their own without anyone being the wiser.

>people praising Spencer for the story
Good one, user.

I envy you guys who can read this shit. Seeing anyone past the age of six cry and throw a tantrum over a comic book is so cringe-worthy, I can't look without feeling embarrassment.

I mean, I know where I am, but at least the people who bitch on Sup Forums don't pretend they're doing it out of concern for others or some higher cause.

Reading this post made me feel embarrassed cause it made me realize I share a board with people under 25.

Uh oh, grampa is off his meds again.

This is true.

I just wished Evans had a serious reply like "why the fuck is there an outrage, it's a comic" so they'll get more butthurt.

Forget 25 user, you share a website where the majority of people are under the age of 20 and a not insignificant number are actually underage in spite of the rules.

>I will not let Marvel destroy something so sacred to my family
but it's literally their property

>how dare people have a emotional reaction to a story
Nice try IMDF but Marvel can't have it both ways. You can't claim to be making quality books and then in the same breath bitch about how people who care about comics books are losers.

You can when those losers keep buying your shit

I'm glad normies are getting angry at this, I'm tired of this fucking garbage.

>mfw Cap became my problematic fave

>one of the most inspiring forces of a person who survived the holocaust was their grandchildren talking to her about captain america comics

I just really wish -and it's probably likely- this grandma is made up. It'd be an utter insult to her if her grandchild actually meant that.
Holy shit, that's downright insulting, I can't find another word.

No, Sup Forums said that the (jews) made this to make american patriotism seemed like similar to nazism, a message in which they want to convey to the readers, but it backfired it seems.

>tfw normies didn't even know who Iron Man was in 2007
>no angry normie reaction to Tony becoming comic book Stalin in Civil War for me to laugh at

But casuals don't buy comic books so all Marvel has now is this outrage. This isn't the faithful core reader who will swallow shit but the twitosphere that all knows comics through headlines. Clickbait has proven to be Marvel's downfall.

viral marketing works for a reason

>How do I explain to my (christian) son that his favorite Superhero is gay?

Literally no perspective with these people

Some of the people getting butthurt are the same people who mock fans that dont accept white characthers turning black or forced homosexuality like MUH GIVE CAP A BOYFRIEND

My sides cant take it. Pure fucking poetry.

that's what you think, next month you're gonna see Captain America #1 at the top of the Diamond Sales Chart and #2 and #3 and #4 until the controversy dies down.

Yup. It's not like they hate cap being hydra, they hated on how the ((((jews)))) on marvel used this to corrupt american patriotism.

>The man behind CapFalcon and minutemen are terrorists isn't shit

Social media has created a new closeness between fans and creators because they are just RIGHT THERE on the other side of a twitter conversation or facebook page. It's a false closeness though that both sides seem to take advantage of or misunderstand.

Creators see fans that contact and talk about them specifically and imagine support for themselves rather than the media they create. Twenty years ago nobody gave a shit about you but now all 'real' fans know your name.

Fans see creators they can reach out to at any time and assume this means they are the ones that creator listen to. I can tweet at him whenever I want and maybe he'll tweet me back!

Then either the show goes in a way the fans don't like (Arrow) or the creator does a genuine fuck-up (The 100) and the knives come out. On one level it's interesting to watch but god damn both sides can be so idiotic. No creators, fans are not hanging on your every word, they love the SHOW, not you. No fans, creators do not care about more opinions than they care about the network and advertising dollars.

Please, most media is jewish. Not religiously, mind you but ethnicity?

This. They want characters to bend to their social and political ideals but when they bend the other way they scream blue fucking murder. All of this is just one big wonderful circus of zero self-awareness.

Your son is a shitlord if he gets upset over a character being gay, just like you.

There's nothing wrong with being gay, how dare you compare it to being a nazi?

I hope this kills marvel's business tactic of doing something completely fucking retarded in a desperate attempt to drum up sales.

What's the story here? Could someone fill me in?

And here we are, helping them.
For free.

That's why this all very schadenfreude to me. They thought clickbait could save them but the worm has turn.

>Marvel makes Captain America a Hydra sleeper agent for shock value
>Normies don't know it won't last four issues
>#OUTRAGE

>they hated on how the ((((jews)))) on marvel used this to corrupt american patriotism.
You mean they hated on how the jews used this to corrupt the PEOPLE'S views on american patriotism, because it's common for normies to see nazism as demonic. Nazism is basically ultra-nationalism.

>2016
>Captain America is the most talked about super hero

At least it's something

that's exactly the type of people I want on my side

Being a Christian isn't being a shitlord. Ass. Also way to miss the point. If Marvel acted every time someone's six year old was offended then we'd never have anything new.

At the end of the most recent Captain America comic, he throws fellow superhero Jack Flag out of a plane (without shooting him beforehand) and says "Hail Hydra". It's also implied that young Steve and his Mother were indoctrinated into Hydra in the twenties.

that's exactly what Marvel wanted, at least partially, they stole Rebirth's thunder

Someone trigger you comblr? Maybe you should fuck off back to LGBT or some other shitty place. Why don't you go contract aids or some shit? Fuck you.

>Implying that big companies listen to Sup Forums

Here, found this on Sup Forums. It's not a surprise they've been talking about it too

I am a little amazed at how easy people fell into Marvel's trap with this. This is the best publicity that Marvel's ever gotten that didn't involve the movies.