Why do people keep sharing this around? Is it supposed to be deep and poetic? Or just edgy? I don't understand

Why do people keep sharing this around? Is it supposed to be deep and poetic? Or just edgy? I don't understand

the second thing

It's posted by jaded faggots who's only exposure to Batman has been the Nolan films.

Idk but thats retarded

I have literally never seen this outside of Sup Forums.

It's just another in a very long series of images that make people feel better for being better than everyone who doesn't also agree
"If you're stupid, you don't get this. If you agree, you're smart."

Get off Facebook. Problem solved

I've seen it on Facebook multiple times, and Twitter.

>looking out for yourself
>life making little to no sense
>morality being just a fake idol
>the system being there just to keep people down

Tell me how the Joker is wrong

But my friends are there user

I can tell you how you are a poopy head you stupid poopy head.

Childhood/Adulthood facebook memes are some kind of awful.

you be the judge of this one

>fuck the kids

Cause people like to feel EDGY

Joker doesn't care about his own self being so he isn't looking out for anyone. The minute you willingly get beaten to a bloody pulp for your beliefs then you can agree with the joker.

Life makes plenty of sense and morality is essential in forming human societies. Also Morality has never been worshiped so I don't think you're using the word idol right.

Whats the system? Law? Government? Grow up.

8 years olds - WOW EVERYTHING IS EXCITING
16 year olds - WOW EVERYTHING SUCKS
30 year olds - Oh that's just the way things are I should probably not get so mad about it and just do my best.

Children - Batman
Teenagers - Joker
Adults - Superman

>30 year olds - Oh that's just the way things are I should probably not get so mad about it and just do my best.
>Adults - Superman
Those adults sure act that way when they sperg over red underwear and NEW 52 SUPERMAN IS EDGELORD.

Not even jaded. It's teenage faggots who think it's cool to agree with psychopaths

Joke doesn't give a shit about himself

Life makes a lot of sense

Thats stupid

Joker does not give a flying FUCK about "the system" and has never been about fighting the system. He's just a nutjob who likes to fuck with everyone and everything at a whim.

>8 years olds - WOW EVERYTHING IS EXCITING
>16 year olds - WOW EVERYTHING SUCKS
>30 year olds - Everything still sucks but at least I can drink

>user said that Superman's ideals and m.o. appeal more to adults than children so that must mean everyone who talks about superman is an adult
you're smart

>He's just a nutjob who likes to fuck with everyone and everything at a whim.

Not even. He exclusively cares about fucking with Batman.

NU52 Supes is a Deadgelord

>8 years olds - WOW EVERYTHING IS EXCITING
>16 year olds - WOW EVERYTHING SUCKS
>30 year olds - Everything still sucks but at least I can get a hobby without parents telling me no

>Adults - Superman

That's not true, majority of adults don't spend their time complaining about Batman

That one isn't inaccurate. You really start to see Squidward's point when you get older. Particularly the one where he just wants a day off and still can't fucking enjoy himself

Well that one's right

That's not what the joker is about at all

He's batshit insane that's where it begins and ends

Look at this fucking casual

This one is one of the few that's not far off being true.

It's not entirely true but it's close and spongebob is an annoying shit there were several episodes on the matter where people got sick of his shit.

this

Past a certain point, life starts getting only worse.

But thats wrong. He cares immensely about fucking with Batman, but he will very happily fuck with Superman, Lex Luthor, the Flash, UPS, the mayor, some guy he sees walking down the street. Joker has no aim on his urges, though most of them revolve around getting under Bat's skin, he will do whatever sudden desire strikes his fancy

>- Oh that's just the way things are I should probably not get so mad about it and just do my best.
>and just do my best.
Where ever do you live that this happens?

>Batman/Childhood : idealism
>Joker/Adulthood : whatever
Seems pretty accurate to me.

>He exclusively cares about fucking Batman.
ftfy

Adulthood is when you realize none of these characters make sense because they're cartoons for children. So you embrace superman.

>Adulthood is when you realize none of these characters make sense because they're cartoons for children. So you embrace superman
ur a cheeky cunt

I guess this was made by people who saw TDK when they were 8.

There's a faggot ass LW who blogs for a weekly in Houston that nobody reads who actually wasted an afternoon writing about it.

The same people that idolize the Punisher

But he's right.

M-more?

Moar pls

>Quoting an entire post

>Artist's name is Glassfish. She is a mother of two.

>A murderous psychopath who stole a child's report card makes sense

At what age Sixpack makes more sense?

That makes it even hotter

Nice bait

poopoo in spaghetti, everyone upsetti

the Joker is even wiser than batmeme

It was everywhere in 2008.

>Seasons when Spongebob was good
>Seasons when Spongebob went to shit

>Using social media ever

There's your fucking problem.

>mother of two.
Muh dick

I saw it on FB back in 2008

and this one guy's twitter, who changed his nickname across all social media to 'The Joker', wouldn't stop talking about Heath Ledger, said the greatest movie of all time was The Dark Knight, played it off like he was a lifelong Batman fanboy and wore a DIFFERENT Ledger's Joker T-Shirt to every single non uniform day at school

We were all retards in school.

Devil's advocate here.

It's true, but not in the way dumb edgy jaded teens think.

Batman doesn't make sense on a ground level. We're supposed to root for a total maniac who willingly just beats up and captures mass murderers and sends them to jail; only to have them break out again. The law doesn't make sense either: these criminals would have been put down long ago by sheer decree of public demand. The status quo is literally suspension of disbelief and just 'accepting' that's how it works in Batman's stories.

Then you have the Joker, who is just a psychopath who chose a theme and went wild with it. He's able to connect with other psychos, can brainwash people into thinking he's right using their grudges against modern society, and exists as the prime reason Batman doesn't make any fucking sense.

I'm not saying the Joker is better, mind, but that's what the quote is clearly intending to say. It's dumb faggots parroting shit without knowing context and slinging their own in it.

So Frank Castle is the most sensible man in a room full of complete morons by virtue of being the least wrong?

Yeah but when I say 'school' we were at the end of it and fucking 18

That quote has been around since the Killing Joke

>We're supposed to root for a total maniac who willingly just beats up and captures mass murderers and sends them to jail
I play not muh batman, muh batman approached the mentally ill on equal ground and does everything he can to get them the help they need
>Then you have the Joker, who is just a psychopath who chose a theme and went wild with it. He's able to connect with other psychos
Joker has never been able to connect with other psychos. He's always been the shit in the room the others would rather not interact with.

>who willingly just beats up and captures mass murderers and sends them to jail

That's not a bad thing. The breaking out part is solely so there can even be a story. Not because of his character. So this:

>The status quo is literally suspension of disbelief and just 'accepting' that's how it works in Batman's stories.

In short, you're right.

No, Frank Castle is the most sensible man in a room full of complete morons by virtue of everyone is literally just letting all of this shit happen because of STATUS QUO and Frank Castle is basically the anti-status quo... While also being caught and part of the Status Quo.

Your example is stupid and the perfect bait. God dammit. I hate Punisher.

And I brought up suspension of disbelief. If Status Quo was not a thing, everyone BUT folks like the Joker would have rehabbed--especially those Bruce sits down and talks with. ESPECIALLY those. That's what infuriates me the most about modern Batman takes (save for a few). They don't do this anymore.

>Joker has never been able to connect with other psychos. He's always been the shit in the room the others would rather not interact with.
I meant his minions, user. I meant his minions.

(cont)

that would be true if they used the comicbook version but they use the movie version

>That's not a bad thing.
It is when it isn't Silver Age-y stuff. When people aren't getting really hurt, and it's more like "Oh these deranged rascals are at it again!", then shit yeah, it's totally fine. But when people dying in droves, the story turns very dark, that shit no longer should apply. At this point, it makes everything pointless. Everything Bruce does to 'help' them is literally a waste of fucking time, and nothing changes. That's bullshit. I'm sorry, but that's awful writing. Status Quo and Consequences should never mix, unless a NEW status quo is being brought in to replace the old one. Even then, it's better if there was none at all.

>In short, you're right.
I'm glad you agree on that.

My point isn't "the joker is better". My point is "the joker ultimately makes more sense". It's literal. The joker doesn't need some convoluted means to explain why he does what he does. It's simple. To the point. No need for deep symbolism or complicated writing to justify.

>that would be true if they used the comicbook version but they use the movie version

Which sounds more like it could happen in real life, user?

A rich millionaire decides one night to dress up as a masked bat-themed vigilante and beat the FUCK out of crime on his own, risking run ins with the law and having a gadget for just about literally any situation.

A fucked up psycho decides he's going to use his scars as a scare tactic instead of a disability and manipulates criminals who feel like they're being persecuted by 'the man' while he himself is insane enough to put on clown makeup and totally fuck with everyone while causing chaos solely because he can and he fucking will.

That's what it means. That's the meaning behind the movie version. Bruce can't realistically happen IRL. Joker can. That's why "Joker makes sense".

Fundamentally flawed. It makes no sense idolizing either. Bat is a criminal who beats up other criminals, he may save lives, and he may claim that's why he does it, but he's got a revenge boner that he doesn't want to let go of. The Joker on the other hand would not be able to keep shit going, like at all. He's pure do as you please hedonism. Like when someone doesn't have any impulse control, and bad parents AND is an ass-burgermeister . At least Jack Nicholson's version took over an established Gotham gang, Jokers henchmen have to worry that their boss will randomly murder them, have to take a (sometimes) metaphorical bullet for him, and the cut is no better or worse than for the other bosses. The Ledjoker was perhaps the LEAST believable one considering the "pencil trick" would have got him straight up killed (hidden bomb was STILL hidden at that point), nobody would have worked for the "bank heist guy" because he was the lone fucking survivor. You KNOW being in that crew is a death sentence.

This is what 13 year olds believe

Childhood is when you idolize Batman
Edgy teenagers think the Joker makes more sense
Adults realize Jim is the real hero for putting up with all the bullshit.

I know they can't happen in real life.
I just meant the movie version doesn't have all the baggage of the status quo.
From Batman Geings to TDK we see the city getting better also because and thanks to Batman and Wayne Enterprise etc.
Of course it can't happen in real life but I doubt that was ever the point

Ok, you have a fair point there.

>adults don't complain about children

You know the joy therefore of being ignorant of 2008-12 Facebook. You could have as little as 20 friends and still see it.

Not say it's cool to agree with a Psychopath but a lot of what he said about people in general was pretty on point. Especially looking at how things are now.

This guys never met a marine

Sup Forums always takes their memes too far

Nah its dumb
Idolize batman hes a hero with a strong moral code any age can idolize him
Joker makes more sense? The whole thing that makes joker batmans greatest foe is that what he does never makes sense so he cant be preptimed against

>Childhood: Idolizing Batman
>Teenage years: Idolizing Joker
>Adulthood: Idolizing Gordon

they are called teenagers

Frank Miller please

>Marvel villains
>Likable
pick one

there's an updated version where some news source published a quote from a memester about how the pilot was a big guy or some shit like that

This. I really do find Gordon far more easy to relate to these days than anyone else in that franchise. I'm not even that old (25), but Gordon is the only one who really comes across as an actual adult. Because he's the only one who is an actual adult. People don't actually dress up in flamboyant costumes and fight/cause crime.

And yes, I know: Welcome to Capeshit. But just because it's a fundamental part of the genre (sub-genre?) doesn't make the absurdity any more easy to relate to. The fact is that superheroes and supervillains are a fundamentally childish notion, whereas police commissioners trying to make the best of an absurd situation is a good deal more grounded in reality. Also, past a certain age you realize you're not a superhero or a supervillain. You're one of the schmucks trudging to work and trying to pay their rent on time. Just like Gordon. Realizing that you're just another person is what really separates adults from children and adolescents. You're not an exception to all the rules. You probably don't have any actual power. And what power you do have is heavily limited by circumstances and various restraints. Just like Gordon. He is easily the most human and easy to relate to. He is also as close to a model citizen as you can actually get in a dark place like Gotham.

what the fuck is up with armyfags and the punisher i bet not even half these fucks ever read a punisher comic before

It also doesn't make sense. If you grew up idolizing Batman, most likely from the comics or cartoons, then you'd be exposed to that joker. It's not like anyone grew up with Ledger Joker, considering he's in one movie.

Because they summarize their job description as "kill bad guys" and Punisher is the character whose whole schtick is "kills bad guys and kills them well"

But in the actual, real world we live in mass murderers in.the us won't get off and go to jail, while actual horrible things happen in.other countries where there is no.law.

In short, the law actually does make sense, joker has no valid point.

Well in middle school yeah but atleast in high school i started hiding my powerlevel. I still dont understant why it is so hard to hide your powerlevel?