Peter Jackson reveals first concept art for his upcoming "Mortal Engines" film adaption

are you guys ready for steam-kino?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TFCuE5rHbPA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Hackson
>making a good film without GOAT material

Save us Peter

Yeah no.

What is mortal engines about?

He should do Leviathan

Yes, I can't wait to see this beautiful hand painted concept art become sterile CGI white noise.

is that the mortal instruments shit? YA shit?

The Hobbit being a trainwreck was not his fault, Del Toro jumped ship and he had to pick up the scraps and try to make the best from it

Is the book any good? My gf bought me a copy like 2 years ago and I still haven't bothered to read it

It's set 2000 years in the future, after a nuclear war humanity relies on technology from the Victorian era (read: steampunk) while remnant high-technology from the 21st century still exists and is highly sought after.

Basically the people built cities on traction wheels (like a giant tank with a city on it) that drive throughout the continents and devour resources and smaller cities. That's about where the story starts.

It is less cheesy than it sounds and i'm actually looking forward to the film adaption as i think this could work well in a visual medium.

>steam-kino

That was already made in 1995 though, OP. Oh wait. You wouldn't know since that was before you were born.

I hope he spends a year doing practical effects production

There's something about steampunk (and also Dr. Who) that in my opinion sucks the dignity out of life. I wish I could audibilize it better, but there it is. I feel about steampunk the same way I feel about fast food. I just think it's disgusting, and if we're really going to be pigs with no standards then why don't we all just kill ourselves.

Nah not related at all. No weird christian themes just cool post apocalyptic shit.

Got it

please be good

I feel that way about both steampunk and Dr. Who but mortal engines is goat. It's more like most technology except for huge fucking engines and shit has been lost after the world was nuked. People are rediscovering shit like corpse-cyborg things and satellite weapons.

i hope hes learned his lesson from the hobbit and makes it like lord of the rings

>London is the principal Traction City in the novel, which has returned to a Victorian-era society. London's society is divided into four major and a number of minor Guilds. The Engineers are responsible for maintaining the machines necessary for the survival of London, many of which are found by the Guild of Historians. The Historians are in charge of collecting and preserving highly prized, often dangerous artifacts. The Navigators are responsible for steering and plotting the course of London. The Merchants are in charge of running London's economy.
>The Merchants are in charge of running London's economy
Even in the grim darkness of the future, there is no escape from the greatest ally

oh fuck off

He didn't even want to do the Hobbit. Every single person here knows that you do some much better at stuff when you actually care about it

Thanks Sam.

So did someone force him to do King Kong and The Lovely Bones too? Because they were both pretty shit.

Steampunk it´s for faggots

its not really le quirky gears on everything xd steampunk, its more toned down

Both just movies he made for shits. He's shown us all how talented he is when he actually TRULY cares about a project with Lord of the Rings, and if he puts that much effort into this then I have no doubt it'll be great

That doesn't justify the horrible bloom CGI

He is not even directing Mortal Engines.

Still, the fact that he hasn't made a good movie in one and a half decade is pretty worrying.

Literally had the exact same thought, tho I've never read the series or know much about it. Im not always a big fan of steam punk, but the machines vs darwinist engineered monsters seems like a really cool setting, and would make for some awesome epic scale visuals that Jackson could do a good job with.

Are the books any good?

Mmm

The jews wish they could be as diabolical as the anglos

would probably be better as kathrine than hester

>audible groaning

Steampunk is dumb though. It wouldn't even be a popular genre if it didm't give homely white bitches an excuse to wear corsets.

Crimson Peak was awesome, and I'll fight anyone who says otherwise.

I am so hyped for this i really hope it isn't a let down

For a second there I thought that was Horizon Zero Dawn

I don't care after the abortion that was the hobbit trilogy

So it's like wild wild west on a bigger scale?

>Jackson made the Star wars of our generation
>Jackson also made the Star wars prequels of our generation

How will this work? He will surpass Lucas?

They aren't stellar but they get the imagery across

>Implying the material isn't GOAT
Yes. The whole series is.
No, its barely even 'steampunk'. It's steampunk in the same way something like Nausicaa is. Its set in the far future, thousands of years after a nuclear war.

Its got airships and big machines (neither of which run on steam btw) in it, so that means its steampunk to the people who sort things into categories.

Looks KINO as fuck famalams

>It's steampunk in the same way something like Nausicaa is
Am I supposed to know what Nausicaa is

Have you seen the actress they have for Katherine?

thats perfect tbqh

No, not necessarily.

Also you have google user.

Now I see that it is weebshit

This went into pre-production in 2009.

>CGI fuckfest + Hackson
no thanks

Steam-kino?
Don't you mean steaming-pile-of-dung-kino?

How the is Strange Days steampunk?

Why would anybody care about this #4537 run of the mill genre trash coming to the big screen? fuck off hackson

>I feel about steampunk the same way I feel about fast food. I just think it's disgusting
preach it brother preach it

it's not weebshit you fucking dumby it's the one of the highest forms of art that is possible inside of the anime genre

kek

Giant vehicles called Traction Cities compete in a ecosytem where they eat eachother.

A once powerful but now heavily outmatched city, London, comes out of hiding and starts heading east across the Great Hunting Ground, a landmass that was once Europe, Africa and Asia.

An Apprentice of London's Historian Guild, Tom, is thrown off of the city along with a heavily scarred (and I mean her ugly face) would be assassin, Hester. They traverse the Hunting Ground following London encountering other traction towns and cities, pirates and terrorists. All the while hunted by the stalker Shrike, an ancient cyborg soldier from a long forgotten war that has survived into the age of traction cities.

Meanwhile on London, the daughter of the Head of the Historian Guild, Katherine, with a low class Engineer, Bevis, investigate why London is suddenly travelling east, making itself a target for powerful and hungry cities, and the secrets of the Engineer guild and her father.

Because it isn't run of the mill. And it isn't trash either.

Anyone else laugh when Bevis died?

Does no one in this thread know that Jackson isn't directing?

>Peter Jackson

Why can't he just retire quietly with his shekels after the disaster that The Hobbit was?

People born in 1999 are legally adults now ... stop pretending to have some kind of superiority over others because you have less life left to live.

No.

sure sounds like it tho
beyond the surface thoose books are all the same grimdark soap opera tier trash

Get some taste and watch a film before you judge it.

Its far better than any movies i've seen in any thread in the past week

I knew.

But the image is from PJs facebook.

Meh, not really, I like Mortal Engines, its a nice little book series that would make pretty great films.

But if you aren't interested you could always go back to your 'capekino' threads or whatever.

theres nothing kino about capshit you genre pleb

>or whatever

Denmark is CUTE

Denmark's about to get savagely ravaged

So escaflowne without mechs and isekai nice one hackson.

Jackson made good movies.

>Mortal Engines is finally getting a film adaptation
words cannot describe my hype

Welcome to the hype train user. It's been filming for months now.

I sure hope Scarlett Johansen and Idris Elba are in it and for racist sexist xenophobic Jackson to attone for his sins actually sticking to the source material when bringing something to life!

That's Guillermo Del Toro not Jackson

manga is better

I feel like the technology isn't quite there yet to make something like this look believable, it'll probably be a soulless cartoony CGI-fest like the Hobbit films

I'm on board if he uses practical effects for everything but the larger structures.

The future is in seamless blending of CGI and practical effects

mad baby

I will believe it when I see it.

> inb4 Sup Forums finds out Tom and Hester's daughter gets BLACKED in the third book

Same

im gonna clap, CLAP

The stalker Shrike and the stalker Fang if they do the whole series will almost definitely be at least partially motion capture.

His 90s output was godlike though. Bad Taste is sweet.

this

If you can make a believable city model I don't think it would be difficult to put tank treads on the bottom and a jaw mechanism on the front.

Is there anything more cringe than steampunk?

Your entire existence

You j-just don't get it. It's about history, politics, sciences!

>original king kong
>goat material

check out this underage

>tfw not qt fat steampunk nerd

>steampunk is cringe
youtube.com/watch?v=TFCuE5rHbPA

Triggered

It's probably because steampunk didn't arise naturally, it's a modern invention (the word steampunk is derived from cyberpunk), and as such is genre fiction filled with fanservice tropes by cosplayer types

If you read actual victorian era scifi they're completely different.

Name 5 ways in which it's like Escaflowne