Watch Voyager's Endgame when I was 17

>watch Voyager's Endgame when I was 17
>think it's the best Trek episode ever with time travel and Borg battles and future tech, etc.
>watch it again as an adult and it's the stupidest shit ever to be labeled sci-fi

Why did I do this to myself? Now the memory is ruined forever.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.4plebs.org/tv/search/text/"aggressive faces and posturing"
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Everyone should be constantly reminded of how stupid they were when they were 17

you just happened to be intensely stupid. But you're able to recognize that.

Janeway was a terrible captain.

Most of the space battles were encounters with aliens with big ugly and aggressive faces and posturing, which Janeway obviously couldn't see, as she tried to negotiate with them.

Then, as the aliens get tired of trying to explain that "no means no" to Janeway, they open fire on Voyager for 10-15 seconds, and reduce their shields to 30%~ or so, at which point Tuvok tells Janeway they can't handle much more, and then Janeway tells Tuvok to fire phasers.

As they return fire, Tuvok says "no effect" or "minimal damage to their shields, captain", as a single pitiful phaser beam hits the alien ship.

Then she has to contact any one of the senior officers to come up with some ingenious science trick to beat them, but plot armor saves the ship in the end when the alien ship stops firing at a nearly-defeated Voyager.

At no time did Tuvok tell her to toughen up, or upgrade their weapons accordingly, to deal with literally dozens of hostile races who have no interest in peaceful negotiations or trade. How many times did they make an effort to retrofit more phaser banks, or build an industrial replicator to restock their torpedoes, or increase the rate of fire of phasers.

Most of the battles involve watching the screen shake as Janeway stands over Tom's shoulder, they are boring.

Only the Undine/8472 battles and borg story arcs were entertaining, and maybe the Krenim one.

>it's the stupidest shit ever to be labeled sci-fi

>Hey, past-Janeway, I'm Future-Janeway
>since i've broken the prime directive and come to save you, why don't we take this ship with transwarp capability and invulnerability armor in to borg space and basically 1-shot every single cube, to genocide them so they can't be a problem any more?

>no we cant do that, it's agains the prime directive, let's just allow the borg to scan our 29th century ship upgrade technology and fly home, i need some pecan pie

>first watch Voyager in high school when it's coming out
>lost my shit over Species 8472
>DUDE THE BORG ARE FINISHED LMAO
>grow up
>wow holy shit this show is terrible, this was a stupid plot device to recapture interest in the show
It's ok OP, you're not alone.

Best Voyager episode coming through.

the borg don't have culture and aren't a single species. so it is not like genociding the borg would be a terrible crime. you are just deactivating some faulty equipment.

I think that's a rather simplistic way of looking at things

What Episode?

>Seven gets together with Chakotay instead of the EMH
HA HA HA HA HA

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

>That holocaust revisionist episode where the doctor goes to the museum and exposes the atrocity propaganda lies by the local inhabitants

This is the reason I refuse point-blank to watch pic related again.

>I saw it in the cinema in 1997 with my wife (then gf) and loved it. It was awesome.

>Nowadays I won't watch it because I'm convinced it'd be an utter pile of shmaltzy dogshit with a nonsense ending.

Now I understand it when people say you can never go back home.
You actually can't.

since we don't have a canon origin for the borg. we have to assume that a long time ago in the delta quadrant, some alien race developed some sort of AI cybernetics to augment them selves. yet the AI was not made right. so it just took over and seeks to continue to take over all organic life and tech. not aware of what it really is or really doing.

>tfw you've worked for several years to manipulate an innocent qt into liking you and she goes for the idiot she's never talked to before outside of work
Just deactivate me in my sleep already

I was forced to watch it recently, i thought it had a very classic cinematic vibe. It felt like an adventure, minus the stupid old lady parts

That's quite a stretch. It was basically about showing how the dark aliens weren't really mean to the white aliens because the white aliens were assholes.

Yeah but that doesn't mean they couldn't be reprogrammed to just be happy with where they're at.

We must seek peaceful coexistence!

Kek

>rewatching ST in air date order by episode with my wife, who has never seen them
>get to Voyager
>Season 1
>"user why do you keep saying this show is terrible? It's great, and it has lots of potential and looks to be headed in exciting directions"
I can't wait. This is going to be glorious.

That was dumb, Chakotay and Seven had zero chemistry and had shown zero interest in each other.

The romantic partner that made the most sense for Seven though wasn't the Doctor, it was Janeway.

Seven was an aspie and she had no real partners, which is why the doctor fit, because he was kind of an autist too. It was frustrating to see them throw it all away

Shove that fag shit up your ass.

>beta cuck who related to the doctor being stuck in the friendzone and angry she never "rewarded" him by returning his feeling detected

>Mulgrew gets supremely butthurt that she's no longer the alpha female in the cast, and she's been supplanted by a younger, more attractive woman in a fucking catsuit and corset
>Mulgrew treats Ryan like shit
>write their characters into a gay relationship

God that would have been amazing to watch.

The problem is that the doctor looked like the doctor. No matter how much of an aspie a woman is, it doesn't change the fact that she wants a good looking man.

I thought the Borg were just an allegory for communism being bad

Maybe she'll change her mind if you become sexually aroused while taking control of her body...

The Borg were an allegory for "we wanted to do an insect based enemy but we don't have anywhere close to the budget so the 'hive' will be guys with black plastic stuck to their face"

Were you the user giving us progress updates on your quest? Did you remember to rewatch Phage right before you watch Tuvix?

>Janeway confronts the aliens who stole Neelix's lungs
>JANEWAY: So now I am left with the same choice you made. Whether to commit murder to save a life, or to allow my own crewman to die while you breath air through his lungs.
>MOTURA: It must be impossible for you to understand how any civilised people could come to this. Before the phage began, we were known as educators and explorers, a people whose greatest achievements were artistic. I myself am a sculptor of note on my world. All I can say is that when your entire existence is at stake--
>DERETH: You don't have to explain yourself, Motura.
>MOTURA: If the consequence of this act is a death sentence, so be it. At least it will put an end to my suffering.
>JANEWAY: I can't begin to understand what your people have gone through. They may have found a way to ignore the moral implications of what you are doing, but I have no such luxury. I don't have the freedom to kill you to save another. My culture finds that to be a reprehensible and entirely unacceptable act.

>>watch it again as an adult

That was your first mistake. Voyager is a supper comfy ride just don't over think every little thing.

Nice pasta, bro.

>>watch it again as an adult

That was your first mistake. Voyager is a super comfy ride just don't over think every little thing.

Nice pasta, bro.

>Nice pasta, bro.
It's an original comment.

archive.4plebs.org/tv/search/text/"aggressive faces and posturing"

Can you fuck off, please?

Janeway for not letting Species 8472 exterminate the Borg.

You became sexually aroused in MY body?!

And also "the Romulans aren't really scary anymore so we need a spoopy ayyylium

Captain Picard had the same opportunity in TNG, borgs were literally protected by a reverse plot armor.

Oh hey user, yeah it's me! I remember this discussion, we're at dreadnought right now, almost to Tuvix. I will honor your request.

>It's the user with the archives obsession

>Can you fuck off, please?
>fuck
>please
Why be courteous if you're going to curse. .

Because Picard is a man of the highest ethics, and he took pity on Hugh and the Borg.

>being this much of a raging autist that you meticulously deconstruct someone's post word by word and can't infer basic tone

>there's only one person on this entire site who can call you out on your shit
But please, do go on about how everything you don't like is just pasta.

This is why I keep coming back to these Trek threads. You just don't get this level of autism in most other threads.

>you meticulously deconstruct someone's post word
I'm not the one who started this trend, but you have a point. I suppose it is annoying.

Why did everyone just leave the thread?

Hey guys! Wanna see my vintage Linkin Park albums?

Are the Krenim those hunter dudes? They were alright.
Also one of the greatest sins was the limited and poor use of the scabby faced guys who had to constantly harvest the organs of other species in order to survive. A genuinely scary and horrific species and they only had a handful of confrontations that were poorly executed and then Voyager just flew out of their space. Very disappointing, those guys had potential.

>You just don't get this level of autism in most other threads.
Look in a mirror.

>say that X is pasta
>receive proof that X isn't pasta
>"It's not my fault that I was wrong! Blame the people who corrected me, they're autists!"
Yes, you are annoying.

in the two mirror universe books about Janeway. in one she kidnaps kirk and spock. so they know that kirk's advice to evil spock backfires, and then have kirk help the Terran Rebellion.

In the other she is a traitor working for the Klingon-Cardassian Alliance. She fucks Captain Chakoty, betrays him, tuvok, neelix, kim, and seska. hoping that by turning them over. she can get her former glory back. though Chakota breaks out and kills her.

>Look in a mirror.
Burn?...

>Blame the people who corrected me.
If you read the post I never blamed a soul. Just standing back in amazement at how aggressively angry, and bitter some anons in these threads are while replying to each other.
Example ...

>Someone is wrong about something
>Can't correct them without telling them to fuck off.

>anything I don't like is automatically pasta
You should fuck off.

Hirogen were the hunter dudes.

Krenim were the guys led by Clarence Boddicker/Red Foreman who continuously fucked up the timeline erasing entire civilizations.

Happened to me too user, with Babylon 5 and Farscape

>fuck off.
Stay classy, mate

You don't deserve a classy response. You saw a post that you didn't like, then you accused it of being pasta, for no reason other than not liking it. That's a greater poison to conversation than my rudeness ever will be. Fuck off.

Babyon 5 only gets better with age. Instead of watching it as a TV show, I reinterpret it as a theater play.

>You saw a post that you didn't like, then you accused it of being pasta
I accused it of looking like pasta not so much because I didn't agree with it, but because that's what it bloody looked like. I guess it's my own fault for assuming that he wasn't the original autist who sat there, and wrote that ragging wall of text. I was trying to give him the benefit of the doubt. Honest mistake. I should have known better.

Woo yeah alright Star Trek!

I've seen better theatre plays in local troupe reproductions, Babylon 5 is just shit aside from a few high points like j'kar/londo