4 minute standing ovation at Cannes

>4 minute standing ovation at Cannes

what the fuck is going on?

You aren't very intelligent.

he has kept two generations of kids dumbed down with his shitty pleb films

>Happy Gilmore is his only decent original movie

It's not an Adam Sandler movie, and the audience at Cannes is braindead and will give a standing ovation/boo to anything that creates the best headlines.

Ok, lately his movies may have been not that good but his older movies and his career as the frontman of Queen make him a legend.

the goyim are monkeys and thus every time they see a group of people clapping they follow suit

Implying this is something new and surprising.

>Comedian known for fart/piss/puke jokes decides to do a serious dramatic role
>Critics fall over themselves with praise and Awards

cf. Jim "Have You Thought of My Cock Today" Carrey, Robin "Hangman" Williams and Will Ferrett

Standing ovations at Cannes isn't that big of a deal. They tend to hyperbole the shit outta movies because of 'muh true art' Clerks 2 got like a 20 min standing ovation.

>20 min standing ovation.

wtf, I thought only communists did this shit

Punch Drunk Love was a really great performance.

Maybe it showed too much of how deeply unhappy Sandler is.

>France
You thought right, user.

50 first dates was alright.

fight me

Really? After about a minute you're just taking the piss

This

Punch Drunk Love is his best movie though

>a movie about jews was lauded by jews
Surprise.

Also this

So what's up with Cannes and standing ovations? Four fucking minutes of clapping? Here I thought Americans clapping was bad.

So this is why Danny Mcbride will also go down as "one of the greatest actors of all time" cuz Covenant, right?

>implying you wouldn't clap if Pablo Escobar walked out in front of you

When does this become available on Netflix (TM) ?

>Noah Baumbach

Well, duh.

why is he look like Paul Blart?

They're applauding Noah Baumbach.

Adam Sandler just happened to be in Noah Baumbach's movie.

Sandler is actually really talented plebbit retards think otherwise.

Is it "Khan" or "Can?"

It makes sense
Sandler is one of the greatest living auteurs right now. Only facebook and reddit movie buffs don't see his authenticity. Don't worry though I'm sure john wick 7 will win an oscar

Ferrel's more dramatic stuff never got the praise Carry and Williams' attempts did. Same with Jack Black and especially Vince Vaughn.

He said serious dramatic role.

Vince Vaughn can't act though.

And, he has no range.

Jim Carrey is an amazing actor 2bh.

He's been in good art shit before. Look at his work with PTA in Punch Drunk Love.

>I follow Adam Sandler's art career

Having seen Hacksaw Ridge I beg to differ, Vince Vaughn is highly underrated and lacks the exposure he deserves.

Woah, he looks like shit

>Vince Vaughn can't act
True Detectives and Hacksaw Ridge disagrees with you.

wasnt directed or written by him in any way. Anything good about that movie aside from acting was all PTA

He was the WORST actor in Hacksaw Ridge, are you Helen Keller?

It's Cannes. A four minute standing ovation is the equivalent of 65% RT score. And keep in mind that the French loved Jerry Lewis, so. . .

>Look at his work with PTA
You mean look at PTA's work with Sandler, right? Because Sandler's "work" is all fucking garbage.

please, refer to

It isn't a movie of his. He just acted in it. He's a pretty decent actor when he's not producing shit. Just look at the last movies where he's been, he just acted in them.

The last good movies he's been in.*

>wtf I love Adam Sandler now
Sup Forums for the next months

Haven't all of his "serious" acting roles been well received? He just hasn't done very many.

He finally went to acting lessons.
What really happened was that Sandler grew up in success very fast and that made a lot of people butthurt, later on he spread that wealth by making big budget movies with a lot wash out comedians.
So the budget was those tired washed up comedians, that meant that he spread so wealth so he became generally more popular in the industry and the critics backed off his ass.
The rest is just publicity as usual.
Still the same dopey, minimal gesture, you think about what emotions were suppose to be expressed cause the character has a flat face 99% of the time, Sandler.

You're new if you think Sandler wasn't already loved in this board.

For me i think he did his best work back in the 1930s

Guys every serious movie he's ever done has been a critical success, all 3 of them. This isn't anything new, he's always been a good actor he just chooses to make shitty comedies instead.

steve carrell also

>shitty comedies
I want neo-Sup Forums to leave. Gilmore, Madison and daddy are the trinity of sandlerkino

Ok mostly shitty comedies. He did good ones in the past just got old cause they're all kinda samey.

>I want neo-Sup Forums to leave
>"kino"
You don't think "old" Sup Forums starts in 2014 when you started posting do you?

unironically this
I also like the wedding singer

They were pretty comfy films that remind me of my youth in the 90s, I guess. I wouldn't watch them now.