Gotham

just started this and I need some advice guys

I don't want a generic CSI-type show in Gotham clothes, I want a good detective show, but I heard it gets better after the first season with story arcs and stuff. Is it true? If so, should I just skip the majority of the first season or are there some important episodes?

Other urls found in this thread:

farfarawaysite.com/temple/c-d/camren/events8/gallery.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>I want a good detective show

Oh boy..

is it that bad?

> I heard it gets better

You heard that from faggots trying to justify wasting their time on a shit show (sunk cost fallacy). It never gets better, it starts awful and stays that way.

so all of the DC shows suck?

Of coursh

Season 1 is fucking horrible because of Fish Mooney

Season 2 is fantastic

Season 3 starts of slow but get WAY better

Just watch it all.

For god sake they even dared to give the joker a shitty origin.

Anyway like this guy says except for the third season since it's still running and they can still fuck it badly.

>I don't want a generic CSI-type show in Gotham clothes, I want a good detective show
stop now

it's never going to be that

all of the DC everything suck

fuck

Gotham is pure kino. The sets are beautiful, has excellent cinematography, good use of colors, god tier casting and chemistry between the actors. The acting is deliciously campy without being obnoxious. It actually looks and feels like a comic book show, as opposed to garbage like The Flash or Arrow which feature bland, colorless sets and boring, flat cinematography. Not to mention those shows are filled with teeny bopper drama and "i'm so awkward and quirk xD" dialogue.

Yes, season one is very weak, but don't let that put you off. Your complaint about season one should be the boring killer of the week format which makes the events of every episode inconsequential. What you should be able to recognize in season one are the positive qualities I listed above. The camp noir style, sets, lighting, cinematography, acting, etc.

Immediately in season two they drop the killer of the week format in favor of having an actual fucking story. Starting with season two it becomes GOAT. Like I said, despite the killer of the week shit you should be able to recognize the great qualities season one has. If you're watching season one and absolutely hating EVERYTHING about it despite the patrician acting, patrician sets, patrician lighting and patrician tone, you're a shit sucking plebeian piece of shit who should stick to teeny bopper soap operas like Flash and Arrow.

Gotham is kino of the highest order. It just takes until season two to get there.

>when you just want to make a fun campy silly show but accidentally end up making kino

soon in episode 21...

it's kino every time harvey and jim is onscreen. Especially when you see jim's actor kind of overacting with his expressions. Penguin is great but is pretty "gay" with his mannerisms. Alfred is the GOAT, the rest is either shit or meh. I'm still at season 2 but so far it's great

a new girl ?!

Don't forget. All rooftop scenes are greenscreen and they looking amazing.

mr. freeze !

Gotham has a lower budget than Flash and Arrow. Just let that sink in for a moment.

Gotham has plenty of GOAT characters.

God tier
Hugo Strange, Riddler, Harvey, Victor Zsasz, Alfred, Penguin

Great tier
Mr Freeze, Jim Gordon, Lucius Fox, Falcone, Butch, Gallivan, Catherine, Miss Peabody, Selina Kyle

Good tier
Bruce, Firefly, Poison Ivy

Meh Tier
Jerome

Shit tier
Harvey Dent

Fish Mooney Tier
Fish Mooney

>Fish Mooney Tier
>Fish Mooney

who´s this ninja ?!

Never ever would've guessed. That's some quality effects work.

Genuinely shocked, it feels like very cinematic. They must have really talented people behind the camera and working on the sets because it feels like a high production. I think the gore effects have been unusually cheap for the previous two or three episodes but aside from that it's been top notch.

Bullshit.

nice suit !

Watch it from season 1 episode 21 Just so you can seem Nygma and Barbara go mad

Gotham is going better with time...

>Fish Mooney

Camila Perez, new Firefly

lmao harvey dent only showed up twice

ok, without Fish Mooney...

>Aged up Poison Ivy

clone Bruce ?

The actor's shit performance in Final Destination 5 immediately made me hate him in Gotham. I do like Two Face though so I hope they do his origin story before the show get's cancelled.

she´s tall !

Best depiction of the Penguin ever.

The penguin scenes make even season 1 worth it

soon in episode 22...

indeed... but too fancy...

soon as Harley Quinn ?

Way too old for Harley Quinn. Harley is younger than the Joker in the comics but is 3 times his age in the show.

tall indeed

There's an episode of Gotham where she has some really nice calves

>What is else worlds

everything is confused in this tv serie...

Is that motherfucking Firefly?

No, It's Gotham.

the definition of crazy hot

Ben Mckenzie as director

>Ben Mckenzie
>Batman: Year One
nice

Camren "catwoman" Bicondova

indeed...

Poison Ivy

FoxUPFronts party

cast

gotham cast party

Renewed !

but only will start filming in June...

>show is absolute dogshit
>gets at least 4 seasons

Classic Fox.

farfarawaysite.com/temple/c-d/camren/events8/gallery.htm

>those eyes

What's the name of her genetic pathology again?

wrong

if you're talking about FAS, i don't think it's genetic

mmmmm, love me some fat nat.

FAS makes your eyes CLOSER together.

I didn't know either, anyway, that thing

>IM FISH MOONEY BITCH

i cringed

not that tall. those two are just manlets crazy i thought ben mckenzie would be single but he actually is married or goes out with the love interest in the show thats pretty cool

>Bruce is being trained finally
>Is a fucking skelly still
Will someone put Dave on HGH already?

damn her eyes are so separated

i watch for jessica lucas and only jessica lucas

Was Bruce muscular at 16/17?

>A good detective show
>produced by fox
>capeshit

Pick two.

will need to increase lots of muscles to wear Batsuit yet...

So when BATMAN (or proto Batman) is first revealed in action. Will it be to stop the Joker or some random villian?

Also
>Why is a young actor a better joker than Letl

he´s good indeed

Alfred badass

the best Joker in Gotham´s tv show ?

Except that this is a legitimately funny and self-aware line

This show has the most violence against women and children I've seen and no one complains about it

I'm a butler bitch!

Kids good. He seems to actually care about the character and respects it

Leto is just edge

>Lucius Fox

They just don't know what to do with him, its really obvious, they plan a lot of things but throw half of it when they realize the other story lines are more fun.

ok you've peaked my interest, will pirate

what is Silver doing there? I thought she parachuted herslef into a different show.

>The Flash or Arrow which feature bland, colorless sets and boring
DELET THIS

Dude I wouldn't complain, Gotham has the greatest casting director on fucking TV. They would probably randomly find the sweetest 18 year old piece of ass from New Jersey with a perfect accent and put her in a babydoll from hell outfit and she would immediately be the hottest girl on TV because that is what they do.

You know it to be true. The Flash is killer of the week garbage. What makes it worse is how boring the killers of the week are. A man who can turn into poisonous gas! A man who can create clones of himself! A girl who can control bees! Holy shit, seriously, who writes this garbage? You can tell they're running out of ideas because it's the third season and they've already used a guy who is just superstrong about four times.

What makes it even worse is how formulaic it is. Barry confronts killer of the week, get's his ass handed to him, return to Stark labs, devise a new strategy / weapon, go back for round two and defeat killer of the week. Rinse and repeat every time with no differentiation. It doesn't even make sense for him to get hurt by the killers of the week. In his first encounters he just stands there, spouts some one liners and literally let's them hit him. With this speed powers it makes no fucking sense for him to ever get hit unless it's by another Speedster. Alternatively he could just take them out immediately rather than taunting them. Even when he does taunt them there's no reason as to why he cant dodge their attacks.

Only good killers of the week was that Clock Keeper guy or whoever he was in season one and Mark Hamill as the Trickster, both of which are regular humans, showing that good writing (a rarity in Flash) and performances from actors are what you need to make the villains worthwhile. Zoom and Savatar were fucking atrocious, boring villains. Harrison Wells was fine, but was barely the focus of any episode because of the killer of the week trash.

Everything outside of the killer of the week shit is teeny bopper drama and forced "I'm so quirky and awkward xD" dialogue. The Flash is a fucking soap opera for teenage boys.

imo when Savitar showed his identity the show went uphill from that. It was much better instead of the secret shit that made no sense. All episodes up until the death of Iris/H.R was fantastic. I just wish they didn't show Barry who it was, because Savitar knows everything he does, so it was just one big plothole that turned the last episode into a 1/10.

But why do you enjoy this? The actors are shit and are not genuine in their delivery of their "I'm so quirky an awkward xD" dialogue, their chemistry is non-existent. The guy that plays Wells is the only likable actor. Not to mention you're saying the one or two episodes after the Savatar reveal were fantastic (they weren't, they were brain dead easily digestible products for normies without the capacity to critically evaluate anything). One or two "fantastic" (kek) episodes don't make up for the 20 piss poor killer of the week episodes.

Even when Gotham was going through it's killer of the week phase in season one it still had amazing sets, cinematography, lighting, acting and chemistry between the actors. The Flash literally has nothing.

For example, take a scene in Gotham, the scene where Hugo Strange and Peabody decide to let Freeze try out his suit for the first time. Hard cut to radio playing ridiculous heavy metal music. Hand reaches into frame and clicks it off. Cut to Freeze. "I was listening to that!" Camera pans to the right to reveal Strange and Peabody standing in comically oversized Eskimo coats. Without wasting time their conversation ensues.

If that was a scene in The Flash, Freeze would turn around and say "I was listeni--. Uuhh *exaggerated head tilt and confused expression* why are you wearing coats like that?". Strange would reply with "ohh, well you know...it's uh...*awkward facial expressions, tilting of the head, puts his hand to the back of his neck while tilting head forwards to display awkwardness*...it's you know...just...you know...it's uh...kinda...you know...just...kinda cold in here...you know...". Then Freeze would respond with "ooh....yeah...ofcourse...yeah...ofcourse...oh yeah...*tilts head side to side in awkwardness, puts his hand to the back of his head, sways his head while tilting*...oh yeah...i mean...you know how it is...like...i forget sometimes...being so used to being cold you know...oh yeah...you know what i mean". Absolute trash.

See the difference? Gotham immediately goes ahead and progresses the plot, The Flash has to tell it's audience this is funny, Freeze would have to bring attention to the brain dead imbeciles that watch Flash that the joke is Hugo and Peabody look ridiculous in these oversized Eskimo coats. In Gotham it's a cute little sight gag, if you find it funny you'll laugh, but in Flash they have to bring it to your attention and shove it in your face. The actors in Flash are not genuine in the slightest when they speak, they have to force the "so quirky and awkward xD" garbage every five seconds.

Gotham is stupid and rapes over a whole bunch of characters but it's a guilty pleasure.

Gets credit for not having a "I'll just hack into their systems.... Right after I create a retro-virus and cure everyone and create this gun overnight that will kill that guy" character used endlessly.

Suffers a lot from having characters grow too fast so they have to keep resetting them and make them do stupid things (most notably the penguin) and having so many batman villains beaten easily by Gordon is annoying and undermines the concept of/need for Batman

Gotham has issues with the lead character having a bit of a shit actor that's surrounded by better actors or ones who are just fun to watch chew the scenery.

I think it's called ayy.

>What makes it worse is how boring the killers of the week are. A man who can turn into poisonous gas! A man who can create clones of himself! A girl who can control bees! Holy shit, seriously, who writes this garbage?

They aren't creating these characters, they are pulling from the source material.

>they are pulling from the source material.
They are still changing their story, weakness, design and probably more.

Gotham is literally the only good Comicbook related show on tv.

Has there been any more Gotham season 4 leaks other than Bruce will start fighting crime probably very last episode or something ?

yep, just like Smallville...